Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

hi guys,
I have a problem with my rear shock.it loses his oils from the shaft.
Any idea to solve my problem?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Racing was intense this weekend. I tried a different setup each round and ended up going slower each time so next time out I will start out with the beginning setup and try something new each race. WYD where were you at on Sat?
I was cleaning up all the mess from having new Pergo flooring put in this Friday and early Sat. What a mess to clean up but now its down and so its all good. I saw the results and looks like the guys where flying and very stiff competition what their once again. Great bunch of guys racing at Horshem!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool as you are trying new stuff on the car as thats the way to learn plus your having fun.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yeah I switched things up every time. Mostly just to try to see what effect it has. I think next trip over I will focus more on just trying to get the car dialed in. I tried alot of different things, hopefully I will be able to translate that over to a nice setup.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool. Still no probblems with gears stripping? I would imagine not since you using a 2 diff setup on carpet. Gears getting the beat down normally happen with a spool in.

Did you ever get that new BMI motor mount for your car? My new carbon drive shaft and standoffs should be here by Wednesday from Erik.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I tried a different setup each round and ended up going slower each time
When I was racing bikes my tuner described that phenomenon as "Well, we've tuned ourselves to a standstill...now what?".

His other favorite was "Here's the dials, which way is 'in'?"

Scottrik
Old 11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kflabouris
hi guys,
I have a problem with my rear shock.it loses his oils from the shaft.
Any idea to solve my problem?
When you are loosing oil for the bottom of the shock, it results from one of 2 things:
1)Replace the o-rings on the bottom of the Shock
2)Replace the shaft. If the shaft is no longer the same diameter, you can replace the o-rings all you want but it will still leak. Most damage occurs when using pliers to thread on the ball cups.

Personally, I would replace both the o-rings and the shock shaft.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Replacing the shaft as a matter of course is a good idea when you've had a leak like that. At the very least roll the plain shaft on a piece of glass to see if it has any runout. If it has ANY the shaft must be replaced or it will leak again in very short order.

Scottrik
Old 11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Dave,

Here is a question for you. My FT Tc4 arrived today. I guess I will try the foam carpet set up for now, since I will be running my first race with it at the birds....are you going?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

I did get the motor mount but I had a hell of a time getting it to work. The tranny cases had to be shimmed as well as the motor mount. It took Fred a while but he got it. I couldnt figure it out. the only other complaint I had is in order to set gear mesh or move the motor for anything you have to loosen the screws holding the top deck and lift the top deck in order to access the screw. Didnt strip a single gear though and the tranny is extremely free.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well I don't think I need to do that to adjust my motor in the FT TC4 version. Hmmm I wonder why that is on your BMI setup. Can't wait to check it out and compare to my FT TC4 so we can get a good look at the differeances.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

yeah im curious to compare them as well
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks scottrik and koabich for your help.i will check it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
yeah im curious to compare them as well
Sooner or later we will hook up at a race or you will see someone with the FT TC4. It might be hard since at Horshem most run the Xray with some Corally's mixed in. It all goes in circles. Belts where the rage at first, then everyone made shaft cars, and now back to belts. If Cyrul woul dust everyone with a shaft car again or the TC4's start showing up more and more in the top then shafts might be the rage again. Its all good and just give us lots of choices and cars for everyone. I think I have tried most of the cars and really anyone of the top ones will be just fine. I honestly don't car what I run anymore but I'm leaning towards cars that my shop can get stuff for easily so Associated and Losi are always on the top of that list for the shops I go to.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ginsu
Thanks Dave,

Here is a question for you. My FT Tc4 arrived today. I guess I will try the foam carpet set up for now, since I will be running my first race with it at the birds....are you going?

Its 50/50 at this time. Its getting close, but time off from work is the issue. I really wanted to go and run mod this year... but i havent had near enough track time to feel competitive. I know alot of tricks used in oval will work on TC... mixed/multi-compound tires, mixed spring rates, etc. The FTTC4 could be fitted with an offset/slider battery tray... like an oval car. It would require a bit of dremel work... but i see it being a definite possibility. You arent going to get any runtime with the car before the Birds?

- DaveW
Old 11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone installed the factory team cooling fans ? I was just wondering how good it works ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.