R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #7156
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDeadly
Hey Soviet,
Is that an American Flag AE sticker on the top plate towards the front of the car?? I havent seen those in a long time, since my old aluminum tub rc10..... If they are new, where did you get them?.
Thanks,
Mike

Nope...sorry to dissapoint. They are from Tamiya Modeler, a magazine. They came with one issue a while back.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 AM   #7157
Tech Master

Guys I am having a hard time getting my car to center properly when I get on the throttle. At first one of the guys said it was my servo which I had in my FT TC3 but I never had this problem with that car. So I purchased a new servo still the same problem. I am running stock on Ozite carpet with a one-way basically what I am noticing is the car pulls to the right or left whenever I get on the throttle. It almost seems a little too twitchy the slightest move and it is off course. Has anyone else run into this problem? I am running the manual one-way setup with these changes.

Blue springs front and rear
Front shock moved in one hole
Droop 4 Front
3 Rear

The car is getting better and my lap times have gotten better with the changes I am able to hit 10.8's which mean nothing to you guys but I wasn't able to break the 10 second mark before.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:09 AM   #7158
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 11
Guys I am having a hard time getting my car to center properly when I get on the throttle. At first one of the guys said it was my servo which I had in my FT TC3 but I never had this problem with that car. So I purchased a new servo still the same problem. I am running stock on Ozite carpet with a one-way basically what I am noticing is the car pulls to the right or left whenever I get on the throttle. It almost seems a little too twitchy the slightest move and it is off course. Has anyone else run into this problem? I am running the manual one-way setup with these changes.

Blue springs front and rear
Front shock moved in one hole
Droop 4 Front
3 Rear

The car is getting better and my lap times have gotten better with the changes I am able to hit 10.8's which mean nothing to you guys but I wasn't able to break the 10 second mark before.
I have run into that and a whole host of other handlling issues when running a one-way I just recon the TC3/4 don't work with one-ways *shrugs*

I ran a spool in my Team TC4 with rubbers on carpet and with the exception of bevel gears stripping out in hard impacts, have had no problems. I run the same tire all the way around though as opposed to a staggered tire combo which is the norm at my local track.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:01 AM   #7159
Tech Master

Yeah I haven't tried a spool or my diff as I always have run my one-way. I will try my spool out next time at the track. I am using RP30's or Sorex 28's with the same inserts all the way around.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:06 PM   #7160
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

hi there.
im from the uk been reading the forum seems u guys been trying quiet a few things with the tc4. i see in an earlier someone wrote about running the front wishbones on the rear. what differnce does this make. plus i seen that people have changed the rear suspension mount to a front one. i see this would widen the inner mount giving less toe in but pushing the wishbones back. does this make the car more stable. thought id ask before i try it. any help appreiciated. currently running the 3 racing chassis but got a factory team conversion on the way should be good.
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #7161
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

i dont know about the front and rear wishbones but i do know that less toe in the rear makes it less stable but you do get faster spool up beacuse of the less stress on the tires
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #7162
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Is the gear that fits the TC4 Spool the same as the one that is on the one way diff setup? I want to order a few extras as gears get beat up some when running a spool and want to have extras.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #7163
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

yeah your right it should reduce stability on the rear . but seens it pushes the rear wishbones back and widens the wheelbase it should add stabilty. ive measured the width by the look of it the front is about 188 and the rear is only 183 ish. must make the rear end better else people wouldnt be using it i suppose.

the gears are slightly differnt. the one way one has a slightly bigger hole in the centre. i had a oneway gear on a solid becuase i broke one last weekend but i not sure other way round. prob bit of dremeling it would fit
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #7164
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by makytc4
yeah your right it should reduce stability on the rear . but seens it pushes the rear wishbones back and widens the wheelbase it should add stabilty. ive measured the width by the look of it the front is about 188 and the rear is only 183 ish. must make the rear end better else people wouldnt be using it i suppose.

the gears are slightly differnt. the one way one has a slightly bigger hole in the centre. i had a oneway gear on a solid becuase i broke one last weekend but i not sure other way round. prob bit of dremeling it would fit
Should be the same then as the spool also uses the larger hole. Last TC4 I had I was in a pinch and used a diff gear and needed to use a Dremel to make the hole large enough to fit spool.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #7165
Tech Master

The diff gear should fit the spool with any dremel work.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:54 PM   #7166
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

hey guys, just picked up a tub chassis car to run over the winter. what is a good starting point for rubber on medium bite asphalt?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:36 AM   #7167
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradopsi
hey guys, just picked up a tub chassis car to run over the winter. what is a good starting point for rubber on medium bite asphalt?
If you have directions with the car the stock setup is a good place to start for RCO. When I come back down with my FT TC4 I will start with close to a stock book setup and work from their. Use Take Off 27's for RCO and I would be using the Associated blue springs on the front and rear with 40wt oil and #2 pistons as a starting setup.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #7168
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
If you have directions with the car the stock setup is a good place to start for RCO. When I come back down with my FT TC4 I will start with close to a stock book setup and work from their. Use Take Off 27's for RCO and I would be using the Associated blue springs on the front and rear with 40wt oil and #2 pistons as a starting setup.
ive got the 27's, tried the blues f+r but the car was way too loose, ended up at gold front silver rear. the car went from stupid loose all night to finally locking in the rear a little for the main so i could at lease drive it. ill have to take this week and go through EVERYTHING on the car. i dont feel like i should have to run it at the 3* rear toe i did to just tame it down. there has to be another way to gain rear traction.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #7169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for several days now for information regarding set up for my FT TC4 for oval. Unfortunately there is NONE! Is there anyone on this forum who could guide me in the right direction as far as set up for oval? I will be running 19t at the snowbirds and dont even know what gearing I should run 48 or 64P? Any thoughts on springs or tires would be appreciated. Also can you advise where to get two stage foams from? I should get my FT this week and will start to assemble it....if there is ANYTHING you can think of I should know while building that would be great. Thanks.
Ok this got me no where so lets try this. What would be an excellent carpet set up for a large track that with long sweeping turns, not technical at all........for foams......shock springs? foams? Oil? sway bar? thanks
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #7170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu
Ok this got me no where so lets try this. What would be an excellent carpet set up for a large track that with long sweeping turns, not technical at all........for foams......shock springs? foams? Oil? sway bar? thanks

If you are willing to make some modifications, i have a few ideas that would work. I used to run on a small bullring track that utilized the banked oval and infield for the road course. Then it was the TC3 with a tub chassis, but the mods on the plate graphite FTTC4 would be way easier for oval. Let me know if i can help.

- DaveW