R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #7141
Tech Initiate

Default Team Associated TC4

Dave W.

I am giving your setup a try tonight. I just have a quick question about running the front arms on the rear of the car. Which direction do you mount them?
mxracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:48 AM   #7142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Hoping you can help

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for several days now for information regarding set up for my FT TC4 for oval. Unfortunately there is NONE! Is there anyone on this forum who could guide me in the right direction as far as set up for oval? I will be running 19t at the snowbirds and dont even know what gearing I should run 48 or 64P? Any thoughts on springs or tires would be appreciated. Also can you advise where to get two stage foams from? I should get my FT this week and will start to assemble it....if there is ANYTHING you can think of I should know while building that would be great. Thanks.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #7143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Thought somebody might be interested in this

FT TC4 plus many parts
Old 11-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #7144
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to karter

2 questions. I just picked up a tc4. Never owned anything AE before so not sure how much different it is. First question. I am having trouble bleeding my shocks. Any tips on how to do this? There is no like diaphram or whatever on the shock cap(I bought it used) is there suppose to be? Any other pointers on that would be awesome
2nd question. Is there any tips on rebuilding the diff? Like how far to back out the screw and stuff like that.
Thanks in advance guys!
Josh A.
karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #7145
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Nope - nothing in the shock.

Just fill all the way up,then put a couple of drops in the cap. Get everything ready, take a deep breath, recite 27 mantras (your choice) and then pop them together.

You can adjust a bit by loosening the cap and compressing the shock - a bit will bleed out (or some air if you have any in there).

One way you can bleed any air is to hold the shock at an angle so the cap is higher, leave it there for a couple of minutes, then loosen the cap and compress the shock. Since the air will be higher, and you've let everything settle, the air should squeeze out the gap nicely.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #7146
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

Quote:
Originally Posted by karter
2 questions. I just picked up a tc4. Never owned anything AE before so not sure how much different it is. First question. I am having trouble bleeding my shocks. Any tips on how to do this? There is no like diaphram or whatever on the shock cap(I bought it used) is there suppose to be? Any other pointers on that would be awesome
2nd question. Is there any tips on rebuilding the diff? Like how far to back out the screw and stuff like that.
Thanks in advance guys!
Josh A.
im not sure about the shocks...but as for the diffs, factory stock is about 2 1/2 turns from a locked diff
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #7147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My Factory Team TC4.

-Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-sovietcar.jpg  

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:03 PM   #7148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

VERY NICE body on that tc4.....................looks great!
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #7149
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
My Factory Team TC4.

-Sean
Got to love those Gulf colours
Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #7150
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what other accessories do i need with this car? different toe blocks? where can i find the best setup for a mod tc w/ foams on a small tight carpet track (ozite)? dbl pink and dbl pink/orange are the best tires if that helps. thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #7151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead
Got to love those Gulf colours

BINGO!

Now if only I could find some Gulf Oil decals.

I try to build clean cars. I dislike cluttered looking paintjobs.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:21 PM   #7152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Carpet/Rubber ?

Hey guys, just got done building my FT. Went together great, just did alittle sanding on the front steering knuckles and rear arms to get everything free. I have a few ?
How much free spin are you getting on the drive train in seconds when new? I have about 2 sec. I broke it in for 1hr at 2 volts on the bench. Any tweaks to the drive train to get it any better, I didn't want to mess with the brgs, or is that about normal starting out?

I am running in the UK, Sorex 24r premounts controlled tires, stock on carpet. I want to run the one-way but I also have the spool. I have looked at the base set-ups, just don't know which to start out with. Any of you UK guys have a staring point? Any of you guys have any rubber/carpet experience? If so what set-up did you start with? Any recommendations?
Cheers for the help guys.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #7153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you can always benefit from a free'er transmission and more free spin... but it isnt everything. as long as the transmission is smooth you are fine. spin the tranny up slowly and feel for any gear interference... if that checks out, and the tranny spins up and spins down slowly to stop, then put it on the track, its good to go.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #7154
Tech Regular

Take the shaft out and see if the front and back free spin equal. If not it gives you a place to start. 2 sec is not very long. You can also take the transmission out, cut the bell end off of an old dog bone, chuck it up in a drill, insert the dog bone in the input cup of the transmission and spin it up to break it in.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #7155
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.
Send a message via AIM to MikeDeadly

Hey Soviet,
Is that an American Flag AE sticker on the top plate towards the front of the car?? I havent seen those in a long time, since my old aluminum tub rc10..... If they are new, where did you get them?.
Thanks,
Mike
MikeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote