R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #7051
Tech Master

Foams on carpet

I keep meaning to get that book but I always need to spend the dough on something else at the shop like tires and parts. Maybe if I can get some hints on reducing tire wear I can save some money and buy the book....LOL
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #7052
Tech Master

BatJam1 what size track are you running at where you can run a trinity monster stock 98/37? I'm just curious. I have been gearing mine 100/31 that is on an indoor carpet track 40' x 70' and that thing is fast.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #7053
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Yeah just wait until the 2007 Chevy TrailBlazer and Dodge Durango come out with the dual mode transmission. I wounder what BMW is going to put it in first?
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #7054
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I start out my gearing at 35/100 no matter where I am at. Usually I will go up or down a tooth and that is with a Express Monster based motor.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #7055
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I start out my gearing at 35/100 no matter where I am at. Usually I will go up or down a tooth and that is with a Express Monster based motor.
Boy if you ran that gearing here you would probably be 5 laps down after five minutes. We are gearing ours with a rollout between 8.00 to 8.4. They are smoking fast anything under an 8 and it just doesn't work.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 AM   #7056
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

sounds like a small track you run on. When I ran outside on the biggest track (about 160 foot straight) I was running 96 spur and the biggest pinion I could get on there. I think it was like 41 or 42. I really don't remember. I usually start out around a 7.1 FD (this is for rubber tires) and adjust for tire size track layout etc...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #7057
Tech Master

Yeah it is a small indoor carpet track I normally don't run electric outdoors just nitro so I haven't tried different gearing on a larger track.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #7058
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 11
BatJam1 what size track are you running at where you can run a trinity monster stock 98/37? I'm just curious. I have been gearing mine 100/31 that is on an indoor carpet track 40' x 70' and that thing is fast.

www.southshorehobby.com

for willis hobbies i'll run a different gearing close to what your running
as its a tighterand smaller track!
www.willishobbies.com
theres a trophy race this sun. its gonna be fun.then a trophy race at south shore nov 26th
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #7059
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKat
Hey,

Any of you guys able to tell me things I can do set-up wise to reduce tire wear. Can you guys also let me in on what can cause radical tire wear and how to tune the car to fix it.

Thanks
-Dan
ok now that we know your running foam on carpet,do you have a tire truer! See strait from the box there too big. they have to much side wall flex and aslo theyare very prone to chunking !if you can cut them down on a truer they will last longer. I cut them down to around 56-57 mm in diameter, with nice well rounded side walls too sharp and your prone to traction roll as soon as it catches carpet sideways! allso keep track of your camber ,Too muck and you'll were the tires un even ,into a cone shape,allso try to use a compound that has good were characteristics.hope this helps
Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #7060
Tech Initiate

I’m sorry to break topic here, but I just can’t resist. In my opinion, the word “technology” and either GM or Dodge in the same sentence is a problem in my mind. I wish it wasn’t so, but the US manufactures have a ways to go in many areas… Hopefully they can turn things around. The big “T” company is becoming very scary!

Sorry, but I just couldn’t let that one go… Back to RC!
kklemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #7061
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklemmo
I’m sorry to break topic here, but I just can’t resist. In my opinion, the word “technology” and either GM or Dodge in the same sentence is a problem in my mind. I wish it wasn’t so, but the US manufactures have a ways to go in many areas… Hopefully they can turn things around. The big “T” company is becoming very scary!

Sorry, but I just couldn’t let that one go… Back to RC!
I am not sure if you are in the auto field or not. But trust me when I say all the auto manufactures have some type of high tech gear on the cars. If you are on of those magazine readers that do not really show you what is going on in the cars. Then you do not know.

Let me ask you this. What happens on a 300C when the FCM looses the build configuration or it becomes corupted? Or when the Bus plus wire on the CAN B bus is shorted to ground? Toyota is a very strong company. They make great products. But to be honest for yours the magazines have been raving about the imports for years. People read those and they buy.

I tell you the guys that get the least amount of respect are the techs that have to fix the cars. If you are not in a dealership. You have no idea what they go thru at times. Even at Toyota and Honda, they break to. The worst part is dealing with all of us as the consumer. Especially when people do not read the owners manual how the car and systems work. And the tech has to pull it out of the glove box. Take the wraping off (becuase the onwer never did) and read it to them. Why do you think most cars now have a "dummy you left your gas cap loose light"!

Sorry but I would take a 300C over a Camry anyday.

OK back to toy cars.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #7062
Tech Adept

DITTO
Old 11-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #7063
Tech Master

dodgeguy I am with you I don't believe the hype. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie, 86 Ford Bronco and a 66 Chevy C10 that I am restoring the wife has a Pacifica. It's all American for me. Okay back to RC Cars.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #7064
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatJam1
try to use a compound that has good were characteristics.hope this helps
What are some of the compounds that are easy on the tires? Currently I use TQ orange. Most people around here use TQ Orange, Corally TC-2 (Jack the Gripper) or Paragon Ground Effects
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 03:50 AM   #7065
imr
Tech Adept

does anyone know where I can buy this in a online store who also export to europe (or better: a online store in europe).

Factory Team VCS2 Shock Upgrade Kit - Part #31123

imr is offline   Reply With Quote