Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was almost ready to get a Losi until they changed their own design so quickly. As far as Fred, He might be getting out all together. He was talking about running Go Karts...I think he's nuts but thats just me. I'll let you know how my D Main(if I'm Lucky) run goes this Sunday LOL. Larry told me that two weeks ago they had all the way down to an "E" main for stock touring. That's insane for a club race.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Seems as though because all you experts are here, I may aswell ask my question now, lol.
Up till now I've been running on the std caster block, and never really though about running anyhting different. Would you say it would be worth while getting the 2, 4 and 6 deg hubs as a tuning option for running indoor on rubbers (brit indoor series). Until now I've just been playing with it by adjusting the kickup with the shims on the front block, but wonder if now is the best time of any.

Cheers
Crashmaster
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just always remembered more castor=more turn in less castor=more turn out
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man i missed the race in Frederick, friggen work... i was there the weekend before.. the practice race. I qualified 6th or 7th in the A for stock. Well, stock was all that ran that weekend. Mark, Komkit, and a bunch of the Express guys were there... it was tough getting into the A. It was my first and only time being on asphalt this year... and i have to say it was an awesome experience. Indoor asphalt is something else. Brian i hope to meet you soon too... it sucks not knowing everyone by face! If you sold the Corally.. what are you running now?

- Dave
Old 11-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

OOps too slow on the keys! LOL

- Dave
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Seems as though because all you experts are here, I may aswell ask my question now, lol.
Up till now I've been running on the std caster block, and never really though about running anyhting different. Would you say it would be worth while getting the 2, 4 and 6 deg hubs as a tuning option for running indoor on rubbers (brit indoor series). Until now I've just been playing with it by adjusting the kickup with the shims on the front block, but wonder if now is the best time of any.

Cheers
Crashmaster

Getting spanked is a good gauge for needing parts...LOL I have always had at least one set of each for options... but i have not always used them all. It never hurts to try them and compare lap times. I do know if you run 2 degrees of caster in the front you will smoke rubber tires... the car will push too much coming into the corner, on smaller tracks. Its a small investment for such a great return.

- DaveW
Old 11-02-2005, 06:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I was almost ready to get a Losi until they changed their own design so quickly. As far as Fred, He might be getting out all together. He was talking about running Go Karts...I think he's nuts but thats just me. I'll let you know how my D Main(if I'm Lucky) run goes this Sunday LOL. Larry told me that two weeks ago they had all the way down to an "E" main for stock touring. That's insane for a club race.
Go carts!!!!!!!!! Man he can spend some serious jack on doing that. I have a friend that does it and if you want to be fast with those things you need to spend some cash. He should be happy as Schumacher will have a new ride by Dec sometime.

Yeah Losi is changing the car some but if mine works on asphalt like it is I have ne reason for the change and even so a conversion shouldn't be too much so not a huge deal. I mainly care if the car works on asphalt. I don't like carpet and for the few times I run it not really worried if the car is perfectly dialed or not.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

If I remember correctly Dave, Brian Tq'd and won the week before the big race there. I was in the B and was finally hooked up and flying through traffic when some of the guys there decided that they liked the way my car looked when it was broekn. That was a rough day of racing. I remember that I struggled with the handle all day and then it came around in the main and I was fast but everyone saw my car and thought oh that is the slow guy and would just try to drive through me....problem was I was lapping them. Sometimes you can just be too cautious.

the more castor the harder you turn in...the less castor the harder you turn out...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Fred Wont get that new schumacher til the spring, and I don't blame him. It won't work on carpet. 2.0 mm Chassis. It's a rubber tire out door car. When Jason makes a new 3.0 chassis he will probably get it. I tried to tell him that Go Karts were expensive but he doesnt believe me. I have known him long enough to say that he will sell most of his RC stuff off and then just buy new stuff. Thats Fred, He never keeps stuff for very long. The trick now is just to have the money ready for when he sells the stuff I want.

On a side note...I just saw his 1/12th scale packs that Jon sent him.....490 at 1.210
Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well if Fred needs to try it then go for it but remember he can't really get hurt racing toy cars (well his feelings and an occasional xacto stab!!!!!!! Hope he just goes with the R/C Stuff. Hell get the new car now and have it built and ready for spring and when a new chassis comes out he can just buy that. The stuff guys are doing for carpet is crazy compared to asphalt.

Good luck at Horshem this weekend. Sometime I will venture down to race.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DaveW
Man i missed the race in Frederick, friggen work... i was there the weekend before.. the practice race. I qualified 6th or 7th in the A for stock. Well, stock was all that ran that weekend. Mark, Komkit, and a bunch of the Express guys were there... it was tough getting into the A. It was my first and only time being on asphalt this year... and i have to say it was an awesome experience. Indoor asphalt is something else. Brian i hope to meet you soon too... it sucks not knowing everyone by face! If you sold the Corally.. what are you running now?

- Dave
Yeah I think I remember you the week before the big race at Frederick. Well will meet up for sure. If I remember your car didn't work too bad. We had fast company that week for sure. Just remember Mark, Komkit, and Hess where in the B for that race and they have dialed cars so the filed was strong. Mo Denton was also in the B. I was really excited about making the A against that strong of competition. Hell the B main was pretty awesome field that day for sure. Indoor asphalt is pretty wild and especially at Frederick with monster amounts of traction. Almost like carpet.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah the Team TC4 wasnt "too bad", i was definitely short on power... like a moron i had backed off my throttle EPA 6% (im assuming it should have been the steering expo), and couldnt figure out all day why i was getting pulled three car lengths on the straight.

I found out during practice a few weeks later at the home track... going through my settings on the transmitter. Oh... WOW. Power?!? Theres that power!! I think i stared at the ceiling for like... 10 minutes... feeling like a total stump when i discovered that.

- DaveW
Old 11-02-2005, 07:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DaveW
Yeah the Team TC4 wasnt "too bad", i was definitely short on power... like a moron i had backed off my throttle EPA 6% (im assuming it should have been the steering expo), and couldnt figure out all day why i was getting pulled three car lengths on the straight.

I found out during practice a few weeks later at the home track... going through my settings on the transmitter. Oh... WOW. Power?!? Theres that power!! I think i stared at the ceiling for like... 10 minutes... feeling like a total stump when i discovered that.

- DaveW
I know how you feel about the radio setting. One day at Frederick I wondered why my car pushed so much. Ran it all day and it sucked. Well the next time I sent racing I looked the the radio setting and found my Dual Rate was turned so far down that it would of never cornered well no matter what I did. I also felt like a tool!!!!!!!!!! Oh well price we pay for having killer radios that do it all. If it would just have auto pilot on it to run perfect lines I would be set.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

YEAH... like B-Spec on GT4 (PS2)!! Hit the "overtake" button to pass, and eat a sammich during the main!

- DaveW
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.