R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #6616
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
Now, apart from battery straps, we ran the car today. On factory set up - just out of this world. Can't wait to build one for Josh to run.

Very impressive. well done AE. But please, racers or no racers, please can you include a battery strap.

Out of curiousity what setup did you run. I just got mine built and will be running the one-way on rubber. Getting a 2nd car to run on foams only.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #6617
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 11
Out of curiousity what setup did you run. I just got mine built and will be running the one-way on rubber. Getting a 2nd car to run on foams only.
The One way set upon the manual that comes with the car.

TONY PH. I'm sure you agree that whilst the Ft is the ultimate professionals car, you sell more FTs to club racers than you do to professionals. If you didn't AE wouldn't even be making enough to give you a salary. I realise that your FT is very much a "racers" kit but being in the business I also realise that we sell one hell of a lot of "racers" to NON RACERS, and thank goodness for that.

Now looking at my situation as a person selling your products, and those of many other firms. Which car should I offer a customer, one that comes with everything in the box, that I can build in a couple of hours, or one that requires grafting and time wasting to build to the same spec. Remember time is money.

I really don't mean to harp on about this, but I do think AE are making a big mistake. You put 2 sets of diffs in the car. What's the problem about putting a battery strap worth a few cents in too. If guys prefer to use tape, then no problem, they have the choice, just like you have given them the choice of what diffs to use, whether or not to use roll bars, etc.

In closing, let me add that I have prepared AE cars for my son who has won 4 National Championships in the last 5 years, plus other TC3s for customers that have won in other classes. Josh races a TC4 at the moment, and I am so impressed with the FT that I have one on the way for him to race this season too., so I am making my suggestions as one who really wants to help.

I'm sure you listen very attentively to your customers.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #6618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Oh...

we know the real reason why they didn't.

I still think having two REAL choices for durablity in parts would be a good business concept. A part that is nylon for new people and the molded carbon for vet racers. I know AE has the molded plastic, but it still does not hold up to the abuse of new racers. I see these poor new people breaking c-hubs and arms one after another. I'm always suggesting they get some other aftermarket bumper. You keep them in for the long run or get some quick $$$ out of them short term, then they quit and never race again. The Pro2 was great in this aspect. I don't know what you think Johnbull, but companies should try making a car that's also geared for the club racer. Instead they make bad bumpers in stock form, weak parts and no battery straps. I'm just staying, during the testing, also get some input for the club racers.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #6619
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im going to be testing a really wierd setup Sunday, I will let you guys know what happens. I say its wierd because its mostly my carpet setup with a twist and Im running it outside on rubber tires LOL. I just don't feel like changing everything back over for 1 last outdoor run.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #6620
Tech Apprentice

I love strapping tape.
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #6621
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.rc10.com/shusting/Catalog...versionkit.htm

The FTTC4 conversion kit is now officially available. Check out the about link to RC10.com
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #6622
Tech Regular

Default Part Number

Part number? Never mind found it.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #6623
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWATT
Part number? Never mind found it.
31130, $239.99
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #6624
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to jt6 Send a message via AIM to jt6

anyone see this available anywhere yet?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #6625
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default 2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL

So far Barry Baker has been running the fastest laps @ the 2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL

Goto http://rcresults.com/clubs/OnRoad_Nationals for live race results.
If you click on the current standings it will give you the lap times and positions that the racers are qualifying.

Later,
E

Last edited by RED-LINE M03; 10-06-2005 at 02:45 PM. Reason: ^$&*%^*
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #6626
Tech Adept

I just replaced my XXXS-g with a FTTC4. I am running on carpet with foams this winter and plan on using the foam set-up as a starting point. I am not sure if I want to buy the 3.0 deg rear toe bar since my current car is nowhere near that, but I would enjoy your advice.

Also, I have been asking around at my local track to see if anyone knows where to get a center one-way. So far I can't find one locally or on the web.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #6627
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Set-ups?

I guess that the factory guys are running a little bit different set-up between Vegas and Tampa. Anyone have an idea what has been changed?

beerbaron - my 2 cents is the factory guys are using the 3 degree rear block as of Vegas, but Tampa could be different. I have a GPM center one-way for the TC3. It will fit if you can find it.

God Bless
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #6628
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
http://www.rc10.com/shusting/Catalog...versionkit.htm

The FTTC4 conversion kit is now officially available. Check out the about link to RC10.com
So now the questions are:

(1) What is the street price? For $240, I will gladly sell my Team TC4 for $120 and buy a brand new FT TC4 to get all the other goodies like steel outdrives, better bearings, etc. For $100 to $140, I'll think about it, pending answers to the next question.

(2) Is the FT TC4 upgrade better than the BMI or 3Racing CF chassis kits? I'm not all that impressed with my Team TC4. It does not turn in well on asphalt and generally seems a bit slow to respond to steering inputs. This is particularly true compared to my new Losi JRXs. I have read that the FT TC4 is a big improvement over the Team TC4. If I do go with a CF chassis, which of the 3 choices is likely best for mostly asphalt but occasional carpet?

TIA,
Ira
iblumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #6629
Tech Adept

$239.99 seems like a lot of money to pay for just an upgrade kit, The BMI kit is half the price, sure it doesnt include shock towers but those or more of a bling factor anyway.

Last edited by SA_Racer; 10-06-2005 at 11:49 PM.
SA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #6630
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Racer
$239.99 seems like a lot of money to pay for just an upgrade kit, The BMI kit is half the price, sure it doesnt include shock towers but those or more of a bling factor anyway.

They also say that the FT-TC4's Price should be $599.99, although it regularly sells for $339.99. The percantage rate drop between "Retail" and "street" price is 43.5%. With an identical difference between "Retail" and "Street" price for the conversion kit, it should cost: $135.59

If you add that cost to a Team kit, it comes out roughly equal to a FT-TC4 as well....so I estimate the conversion kit selling from $135-$155. No more, no less.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote