R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #6511
Tech Adept

Is it possible to have a center one way on a TC4?
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:01 AM   #6512
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default gearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeeDubYax
LOTUS1: Im assuming you are running foams, and if so, pinion choice will vary greatly with tire/track size. If you choose a 100 tooth spur (64 pitch) for stock class (Monster Stock motor), you can run a pinion from 30-36 to start. 19T (C2 locked endbell) is geared a little higher than stock, in GENERAL, 2 teeth (64pitch) more than a stock motor. There are alot of variations with gearing, its always best to ask local racers first, then start on the lowside and work your way up.

- DaveW
Thanks.Will work from there.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #6513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Maiden Run!

The FT-TC4 is a great car! I run the one way set up with a diff. and stif with all the stand offs and the center plate.

Struggled a little bit with my set up during qualifying, and ended 2nd in B a little tweaking got me 1st in the B. The car ran very smoothly! I think breaking in the gears helped a lot! Ran it for 30 minutes without any load!

and also the car ran great without the sway bars in stock.

3Racing parts really look good, but the quality of the Knuckles and rear hub needs improvement. Because the bearings is a little loose inside, like, you do not struggle to install it-- it just goes right thru.

first pic is the breaking in of the gears, 2nd is my TC4 at my very messy pit table! the last picture is the FT of ROBORAT, his pit table is more clean and organized than mine.

Hope all your races went good this weekend!!

beerbaron: Yokomo came out with a oneway shaft for the SD/CGM/LCG/SDW hopefully they'll come out with one for the TC4 since they made a CF shaft also for the TC4. If your in a hurry-- GPM makes a one way shaft for the TC3, which, i assume will also fit the TC4.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-brkin.jpg   Team Associated TC4-imgp0125.jpg   Team Associated TC4-r1.jpg  
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #6514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Yok Bladder caps and bladders

Have any of you guys that run the yok bladder caps and bladder with the foam spacers above the bladder? I know DAVE W. did it I was wondering if anyone else?
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #6515
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Sorry

With out the foam spacers above the bladders.
What are your findings?
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #6516
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
Thanks.Will work from there.Mario.
Something else to add, actually with the FT car you can go higher than a 36 tooth pinion with a 100 tooth spur, there appears to be room for as big as a 40 tooth(there is most DEFINITELY more room for pinion adjustment on that motor mount that on the older cars), maybe even more, so I think a 100 tooth spur should be fine....
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #6517
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Grizzbob,thanks

Got another question....I assembled the front input shaft following the instructions.When I go to install it ,the spacing between the bearings doesn't seem to be enough.It doesn't fit snug in the cradle.Playing around with the shims,it seems if I remove one of the front ones the bearing spacing is right but,the drive pinion rubs on the transmission housing.Any ideas or fixes?Removed all flashing and things seem seated right on the shaft,I'm a bit confused.Thanks in advance,Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #6518
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

finally got to run my ride last weekend! all i can say is this car is dialled! will have to do just a few minor tweaks but generally the car is awesome! i miss shaft cars. the rip is just amazing. the car also feels very balanced and transitions very well. can't wait to run it again this weekend.

here are some pics ..... my fttc4 with a Ride MKIII stratus body.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-r1.jpg   Team Associated TC4-r3.jpg   Team Associated TC4-r5.jpg  

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #6519
Tech Fanatic

Default hvng trouble with gear mesh onn ftc4

i ran my fttc4 today for the first time and had problem with gear mesh and adjusting the motor, what can i do i may chnge from 48 pitch to 64 pitch
Old 10-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #6520
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes you can run a center 1 way....I actually like running it.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #6521
Tech Adept

ROBORAT: Sweet pics.

BEERBARON: Yes. And i was going to say to ask BOBBARRY which center one way he has and where he got it, i have never run one to be able to answer how well it works. My experience is with the HD AE front one-way setup.

GRIZZBOB: You are right, i have tried a 39/100 on a 19T before, and still had room for adjustment. I just cant imagine using anything above a 36 on most indoor carpet tracks with that motor (MS). The highest i have run is a 35, and my tires were under 55.5mm. The car was still a bit off on rollout for our track, but the 36 with that spur was definitely too much. That monster motor reaaaly likes to spool... at least how i build 'em anyways. Its got that V-TEC baby! LOL

JSAVES: You have return PM.

LOTUS1: Have you tried using one of the kit shims between the bearing and the cup, and one kit shim between the bearing and the gear? For it to rub the case sounds like you might have a bad gear. (?) Have you tried installing it in the rear gear case to see if the problem is the same? If so, then it is probably the gear... try swapping the rear assembled layshaft into the front gearbox and see if that gear rubs the case, if so then it may be that the front case is bad. After my front/rear layshaft is installed, there is a total of 1/32 of play for the shaft to move back and forth in the bearings (gearcase assembled, both halves mated), the plastic diffs have one shim on the long side, and its the reverse for the steel diffs. I just make sure there is a little play in the mesh between the diffpinion/diffgear when they are at their closest, kinda like when you adjust motor pinion/spur mesh. I know this may be different from one car to the next with tolerances as they are... but it may give you a place to start. Come to think of it... i dont remember what the stock setting (shims) is from the manual, i have built so many TC3/4's that i didnt even crack the manual when i built my FT... i just built it like i did the others.

Keep us posted...

- DaveW
xDeeDubYax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 AM   #6522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looks like Barry has new rear hubs on his FTTC4. Anyone know more about them?

Thanks,

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...lbum=13&pos=16
Old 10-03-2005, 01:58 AM   #6523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I would tell you those are losi hubs.

I run the same thing.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #6524
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I run the same thing.

Losi?

BTW...whats the story on a potential FT TC4 conversion kit for us who bought the Team TC4 (actually TC3.5 )

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:57 AM   #6525
Tech Rookie

Come on then you hardened TC4 drivers, lets have some feedback if you may.

I've been running a TC4 Team all this year and have done very well with it (if I do say so myself). I'm considering the TC4FT (as well as other cars) but I want to know if people who have got on with the TC4 Team kit what they think when you went over to the TC4FT. Was it better, easier to drive, faster etc etc.

Thanks for the feedback
rc-jammer is offline   Reply With Quote