R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #6346
Tech Adept

BOB: Nah i havent talked to Tag yet, i figured he would be really busy with the race coming up. I know i have more free time than he does. Have you ever placed a stock TC4 chassis against your BMI, lining the tranny case screws up to see where the battery is placed in comparison? I know Jason moved the battery in towards the shaft, but did he move it forward some too?

- DaveW
xDeeDubYax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #6347
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Associated needs to get some of those setups on the Associated web site. At least the older ones like the Reedy race.
Ryper Hobbies www.ryperhobbies.com.au
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #6348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear
Associated needs to get some of those setups on the Associated web site. At least the older ones like the Reedy race.
I agree. At least the stock set up on the car!!!
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:22 PM   #6349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TC4 Setups...

the Tamiya facility setups are basically Reedy Race setups...
the manual also comes with 3 baselines to start with... what more can you want...
Old 09-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #6350
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
TC4 Setups...

the Tamiya facility setups are basically Reedy Race setups...
the manual also comes with 3 baselines to start with... what more can you want...
For those of us that do have the manual. It is a lttle hard to go to those setups.

AE has been really good about getting the setups and manuals in a PDF file. But maybe with the Thunder Tiger buy out. All that we have come to like about AE may come to an end.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #6351
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
For those of us that do have the manual. It is a lttle hard to go to those setups.

AE has been really good about getting the setups and manuals in a PDF file. But maybe with the Thunder Tiger buy out. All that we have come to like about AE may come to an end.
No, it will just get better. We are in the process of looking into a new site design. Not sure when we will begin implementation, but we are starting the groundwork now. So, there will be short delays in getting things on our site. I would think that those setup would be on our site by now but I guess not.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #6352
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dave I will check it out tonight and let you know.

Tony, I hope everyone is ready to rip it up! One thing that always puzzles me, You would think that being a shaft car and a fairly nuetral car from the start that there would be more top finishes in stock. I don't think I have seen anyone win from AE in stock or 19T. Everytime ya look its Xray and Corraly.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #6353
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I think lately everyone is running a dual-deck chassis. We didn't have one, so you probably WON'T see many top finishes. We're hoping with the new car that we can change that....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #6354
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The tub chassis TC4 was not very good on carpet,I hope the FT will be better..
Old 09-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #6355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Andrew hold your car up and compress the shock. See how much camber change you are getting. It sounds like you are either wayyyy off in setup and your over driving the car or something is binding up . . . see if it helps the problem.

Bob and Dave and ne1 else

As far as I can tell nothings binding or broken. I used the trinity guage when I assembled/rebuilt my shocks and got them perfect(I added the yokomo bladders). I checked the camber change at 2 degrees. When I push the front of the car all the way down the camber goes from 2 to about 3 or four degrees of negative camber. I guess its either a bug somewhere like a broken part or something loose, or it could be a problem with my set up. I cant seem to find any problems though. has any one else found that with teh stock star/hexes you get a different camber reading on their set up system almost every time? I am guessing its a matter of the hex shifting on the axle pin and not seating the same every time. I checked my axles and they are straight. This was why I doubled checked my camber with the RPM guage, but I do not think it is a part of the problem. I will have to try your suggestions dave. To be honest I have been frustrated with my TC4 for a while. Considering an FK05 as 90 percent of the drivers at my track drive it rather than being a loner. My TC4 tweaks really easy, I have a bunch of play every where even with the shimming Ive done. Thanks fot letting me vent here. There are certainly worse problems to have!!

Andrew
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #6356
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

andrew email me and i will send you over two setups that will get you started. robert.barry@cendantssg.com
Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #6357
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Bob and Dave and ne1 else

As far as I can tell nothings binding or broken. I used the trinity guage when I assembled/rebuilt my shocks and got them perfect(I added the yokomo bladders). I checked the camber change at 2 degrees. When I push the front of the car all the way down the camber goes from 2 to about 3 or four degrees of negative camber. I guess its either a bug somewhere like a broken part or something loose, or it could be a problem with my set up. I cant seem to find any problems though. has any one else found that with teh stock star/hexes you get a different camber reading on their set up system almost every time? I am guessing its a matter of the hex shifting on the axle pin and not seating the same every time. I checked my axles and they are straight. This was why I doubled checked my camber with the RPM guage, but I do not think it is a part of the problem. I will have to try your suggestions dave. To be honest I have been frustrated with my TC4 for a while. Considering an FK05 as 90 percent of the drivers at my track drive it rather than being a loner. My TC4 tweaks really easy, I have a bunch of play every where even with the shimming Ive done. Thanks fot letting me vent here. There are certainly worse problems to have!!

Andrew
which ballstuds are you using for your inside camber links.it sounds to me like you need to shim the ballstuds.the lower the inside link is the more camber change you will get.i am running the unplated(silver taller ball studs on my car.1 shim under the front ones and no shims in the rear.the rear has more camber change than the front.try shimming the ball studs if you are using the black lower ballstuds.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #6358
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I don't think I have seen anyone win from AE in stock or 19T. Everytime ya look its Xray and Corraly.
If things go even remotely how I think they will this year there will the a TC4 in the midst of it at atleast my local track

Tony: I think you guys should setup a fourm and a setup-upload system just like how XRay did for the Associated cars
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #6359
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

@Jason-I am using the ballstuds that came with my plastic tub TC4 kit. They are silver and have no washers under them. They are in the #2 hole in the chassis brace (#1 being closer to the drive shaft and #4 being closest to the outside of the car) Correct me if I am wrong here, but the camber change were talking about makes the camber more negative as the suspension compresses, right? Wouldnt this produce a coning effect like this > < if I had too much camber change? My tires are wearing like this < >. Maybe I am just not getting something here. Thanks for the help Jason. I appreciate you guys taking to the time to help, especially since I know I can trust your advice and expertise.

Andrew
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #6360
Tech Lord

no problem buddy.it sounds to me like your car has alot of roll to it.if the tires are coning like you say,my guess would be too much roll.i would raise your camber links some and shorten them a bit.i may have missed it one here but can you post your setup?it will help me out to see what you are running.if you did post it already,point me to it and i will see what i can do to help.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote