R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #616
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to myclod Send a message via Yahoo to myclod

I hope to have electronics in mine tonight and get some carpet time in, we shall see...so far i can see many small improvements that SHOULD make a difference
myclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:03 AM   #617
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

One of the things noted at the iHobby show in chicago was that AE might be coming out with a woven graphite battery strap....

<<-- WWW.SPEEDPOWERRC.COM ->>
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #618
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
In this case, a shop is selling a kit to the public for LESS than I, as a dealer, am able to purchase it for.

Explain to me how I am price gouging? If I were to sell that kit for $189, I'd be losing money.
And if i were to buy it from you i would be losing money as well. I didn't say (you) were price gouging i meant that when a new kit comes out some shops sell it at a high price because it is in high demand and they know people will pay a premium, i think what ultimate hobbies is doing is quite commendable, besides all there kits and products are the cheapest in the nation. im sorry you cant sell it for that low of a price but myself and others as consumers will usually buy at the place that has whatever the product may be for less thats just the way the world turns! and they are not solely a mail order company, most of there business comes in the form of So California racers, and enthusiast, and they are a family owned business also, besides they were the first to get the kit in california.
Charlie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #619
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

So if all the business trends towards a select few places that are able to sell a kit with a $5 markup and stay in business on volume alone, that may be good for the consumer in the short term, but how is it good for the hobby in the long term?

This same practice has really put the hurt on other hobby and consumer electronics industries. The whole idea of MAP policies is to prevent it from happening. Apparently most people don't share my view, but I'd gladly pay a few dollars more for a kit to help keep the retail industry healthy.

Anyway, that's enough of that, we can return this thread to the actual topic now. I'm just a dumb magazine guy anyway!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #620
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm just a dumb magazine guy anyway!
yea...and not only did i get pics of the new TC4 at the show...i caught your mug too! LOL

posting soon :P

<<-- WWW.SPEEDPOWERRC.COM ->>
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #621
Tech Master

Also remember MAP pricing is the lowest price dealers in that program can ADVERTISE the price for. I'm sure if it came down to it they would sell it cheaper.

Also, I'm the same way with parts for my real car. I'll pay more for a local shop with some service over saving $15-75 on the net.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #622
Tech Regular

Well,
Normally, I would love to support my lhs but, while going to College I have to save every penny to even allow myself to race.
That is why I order from an online shop.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #623
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey just wanted to say Bob and Tony from Associated showed me the new car and explained almost everything about it. They were both great.

Just remember Bob, when they go foam, they'll never go back!

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:37 PM   #624
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew
Default sway bars???

does anybody know when AE is going to release sway bars?
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #625
Tech Fanatic

Did anyone that built the car yet feel that the material is graphite! i swear when i was cutting off excess pieces of the A-arms, & chassis braces it sure seemed like graphite to me, looks like it to,i even took the excess parts trees and tried to break them when they did, they snapped like graphite, if not then it is some damn good work with plastic! i love the car everything is different but the spur, cvd's, & motor cam, which is cool cause i have 3 already, a little text to go with the illustrations would be nice for first time AE builders, & i had one of the diffs that just wouldn't get smooth, pretty sure it will be good after some runs on it
Old 10-18-2004, 08:19 PM   #626
Tech Champion

thats kinda funny, i noticed that about the plastic/graphite, whatever it is too....and i also had a problem with just one diff...my problem was that i couldnt get the differential action out of it....but it works now after playin with it some...
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:20 PM   #627
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubled
Does anybody know if the new steering hub on the TC4 will work on the TC3 , I'm looking to to help the ball stud problem on my TC3(coming loose) THX
Can someone help me THX
Troubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:27 PM   #628
Tech Fanatic

Default Yes

Yes it will! it's just got smaller holes in it, there alot tighter & hold the screw & ball stud much better.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:49 PM   #629
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

sry for the stupid question

but can someone tell me what comes in the kit as far as tuning options go?ect. swaybars?

thanks lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #630
Tech Regular

I also had a problem with one diff. The diff would just slip. After I looked on my table, I noticed something shiny on the table. It ended up being a Diff Ring. Yes, I forgot to put a Diff Ring in the diff, so after I put the ring back in, it worked just fine.

Charlie, the material is too dark to be of a graphite composite, and it does indeed flex quite a bit. The price of the car is a little low for the car to have a graphite chassis too. If you look "back" to the Associated T4 Team kit, and the B4 Team kit, they came with plastic chassis'. My best bet is that they are of a "newer" plastic composite?

Troubled, on page 20, Brent talked about using the TC3 'C' carriers on the TC4 until the TC4's carriers are available. This leads me to believe that the TC4's steering knuckles will fit in the TC3's carriers.

Lazyboy, you have almost unlimited roll center adjustments, along with anti-squat, anti-dive, and kickup. Other than those, you have the basic shock angle options, front toe, camber, ride height, droop, shock pistons, battery position, and ackerman. The kit is real basic, there are no sway bars, and there are no included rear suspension blocks to adjust toe.

I have to admit, I LOVE the CVD bones. I ran four runs on my car with a One-Way, and I had no problems. On my TC3, I could barly make one run with aluminium CVD bones and not bend them. The drive shaft is also VERY solid, it doesn't seem like it will ever bend! The suspension blocks look extreemly durable, and provied smooth, free suspension action. In short, I love my TC4!
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote