R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #601
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew

Quote:
Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
if you go with a 64p how many teeth are you gonna get? 98 i would think?
if you want the same size you would go 96
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #602
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie O
Pretty shoddy? just because they can sell things cheaper, & others price gouge, for my money i will always go to the place that has it the cheapest & first! if you want to pay more thats just foolish, i support people that support us with low prices & service, no matter if it is food, gas or R/C related etc.
When i first started looking Ultimate was selling it for 209, then when Hobby People lowered their price to 189 ultimate did the same. How can that be shoddy? Ultimate is trying to compete with Hobby people and you can't blame them for that. then everybody says support your local hobby store... Ultimate is one of my local hobby shops so is it worng to support them? They were also the first people to get them in my local area. I don't know about anybody else but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.... and they did get the car first!

oh well that was my 2 cents... beside this car rocks! i can't wait to go drive it!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #603
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by diskostew
I was also impressed by the drivetrain. the drivetrain is verry smooth right out of the box! I would bet it will get even better after you run it a couple of times!

Chris, Thanks for the tips! CRAP! i will have to put a better SPUR in. I thought it looked a little tough so i went ahead and put a 64 pitch one in so i wouldn't have to mess with it. The one i put it is thin... I better put a more burly one in. 72 tooth 48 pitch Don't you allways run 64 pitch stuff??? hell you are the one that told me to go to 64 pitch

Chris one more thing.... i knoticed in the pics you posted, you are running red springs in the rear... what are you running in frount? the old standerd for tc3's and socal i allways thought it was Blue in front and silver in rear... that doesn't work well with the tc4? Also what are you running for caster in front?
The thing about the Spur, I just don't want ANY problems with it. I was slightly worried about some shifting in the berring support brace in front of the spur and shifting in the motor mount(the Barracuda R2 has this problem, and unless you have something like the PAL conversion, you will strip out any 64pitch gear you install), so I stuck with the 48pitch gears. The 64pitch gears also allow more gearing options, but on Saturday, I was just trying to get the car around the track. lol

As for the springs I was running, I had my trusty old Blue's and Silver's on hand all day, yet my first practice run(car was almost stock) gave me the impression that the car was too lazy. I love the Blue/Silver setup on my TC3, but that was with a Graphite chassis, and sway-bars... The springs are Gold's and Red's. I have many of these springs, but I did not bother to take them to the track(don't ask why... I don't know either...), so I had to borrow them from a good friend. They would have been black if they were my springs though... hahaha.

For Caster, I ran the stock 0degree hubs, but wanted more initial steering, so took out the 1degree block spacer in the front. I forget how much kickup that is though, I havn't memmorized this car yet, lol.

I'll give you my setup next time I see you. It could be better, but I only got to run the car five times on Saturday...(2 practice, and 3 races)

Chris, no... that's not a TC4... that's a Tamiya... yeah... that's it... it's a Tamiya TB-03...
All kidding aside though, yes, I did get a TC4.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #604
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles
Chris, no... that's not a TC4... that's a Tamiya... yeah... that's it... it's a Tamiya TB-03...
All kidding aside though, yes, I did get a TC4.
your like MR TC4 help guy now.

racing tuesday? ill be there with.. my. um ... TRF415.. i think. or TC4? we'll see.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #605
Tech Regular

My mom doesn't like me going on schoolnights. I doubt that I can go this tuesday. I might go on Monday to do some more driving of the car though. I didn't know that Steve already got the car at Speedtech...

Side note: When I first read your post, I thought that you were talking about the Yokomo MR 4TC, NOT Mr. TC4... hahahaha, yes, I am pretty lame...
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:29 PM   #606
Tech Adept

Thanks Chris! I will see you at socal soon... Right when i finally got my TC3 setup down i had to go out and buy a TC4
Old 10-17-2004, 05:01 PM   #607
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles
Side note: When I first read your post, I thought that you were talking about the Yokomo MR 4TC, NOT Mr. TC4... hahahaha, yes, I am pretty lame...
lol, i thought the same thing
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #608
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to myclod Send a message via Yahoo to myclod

i make 3 for that one....
myclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:35 PM   #609
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to T-Money86mcss

Hey, just wondering how anyone lucky enough to get the TC4 already thought it compared out of the box to FT TC3 out of box. I am just wondering whether or not to buy new car or stick with TC3 for awhile til FT TC4.
T-Money86mcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:44 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Money86mcss
Hey, just wondering how anyone lucky enough to get the TC4 already thought it compared out of the box to FT TC3 out of box. I am just wondering whether or not to buy new car or stick with TC3 for awhile til FT TC4.
thats the real question! but no matter what im going to buy one .
Old 10-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #611
Tech Addict

Default Any ideas on how to mount a 5th...

body mount on the TC4? Pics if anyone has them.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:25 AM   #612
Tech Master

DEALER LOYALTY.

If you have always had excellent service from your LHS, but you see something you want a few dollars cheaper elsewhere, would you stick with the dealer who has helped you, and pay a bit more, or would you just stuff dealer loyalty and go for the cheaper shop ?

That is basically what it's all about. It's called dealer loyalty and in my book it carries alot of weight.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:37 AM   #613
Tech Master

Default Re: Any ideas on how to mount a 5th...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightbreed
body mount on the TC4? Pics if anyone has them.
There is an unused mounting hole on the back side of the front diff case. I used an old 12th scale mount and used a long screw from the inside of the diff case. It worked great. Sorry no pics tho my digi cam is broke.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:03 AM   #614
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie O
Pretty shoddy? just because they can sell things cheaper, & others price gouge, for my money i will always go to the place that has it the cheapest & first! if you want to pay more thats just foolish, i support people that support us with low prices & service, no matter if it is food, gas or R/C related etc.
In this case, a shop is selling a kit to the public for LESS than I, as a dealer, am able to purchase it for.

Explain to me how I am price gouging? If I were to sell that kit for $189, I'd be losing money.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:44 AM   #615
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Money86mcss
Am happy with my FT TC3 but I believed buying the TC4 is a good decision. I have the kit and will be ready for run tomorrow.
Nella-Nobrob is offline   Reply With Quote