R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #46
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

What I don't understand is, how can Associated be considered a copycat for releasing an updated version of their own car with a few updated pieces. Are you joking? The drivetrain is identical, as is the basic concept.

So many haters out there... haha
Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: TC3.0001

Quote:
Originally posted by TRESFR
If Losi Puts an extra hole on the shock tower and calls it a xxxx-s then I will sell all my losi stuff that day. As a die hard losi guy I am confident that wont be the case,
TRESFR- That isn't going to happen...

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: Socal Raceway = Super Dialed Losi's

Quote:
Originally posted by TRESFR
Losi domination will continue

WORD!

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #49

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

The car is gonna rock, I have mine preordered from GP.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
However, with assoc. new tc many fans of the company will jump ship when the new daring cutting edge losi comes out. Mark my words
I've been running AE since the origional RC10 came out, if I haven't jumped ship to Losi by now, I don't think it's going to happen....

What kind of daring and cutting edge product could any company come out with??? You have 2 choices, belt or shaft, I doubt we'll ever see chain drive... There's really only one way to practically run a shaft, right down the center, just like every shaft drive car out there....

There are so many epople out there saying how Yokomo copied AE and now AE copied Yokomo... It's all hogwash... There are rules to play be here and only so many ways of doing things... I own both a TC3 and a CGM and they are 2 completely different cars... The TC3 is a stronger car but the CGM is a better designed car... If you doubt me on that let's have a diff rebuilding race...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #51
Tech Master

Associated are not in the habit of selling cars on glitter and glitz. They build serious racing cars, and if the most efficient and effective racing car needs to be black then they will make it black.

True that there are so many people that will simply buy a car on eye appeal. The Yoke SD, TC3 and 4, Losi XXXS etc are all built to race and win.

Just take a look at some other cars on the market. Or take a look at some of these treads, and you'll see what I mean.

I have never spend a cent for a better glitz factor. I'd rather spend my money on real GO FASTER stuff.

The TC4 represents just that.

The World's best RC Touring Car just got better.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:43 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

If all that stuff comes with the TC4 Team kit, the only things to buy for the factory kit are gonna be titanium turnbuckles and bearings, maybe that air intake thing. Personally I run stock so the intake is probably useless and more weight than it's worth. Bearings, I could always buy ceramic ones. Titanium turnbuckles, I guess I could buy them but they're not absolutely necessary. I doubt anyone ever won or lost a race because their turnbuckle was steel vs. titanium.

What do you think?
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:10 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Default I'm no expert racer but...

going as light as possible by adding TI tie rods, TI screws, Ti balls, Ti hinge pins, full TI shock shafts, IRS input shafts, light outdrives, and carbon molded graphite stuff alway seemed to make my car much faster. Maybe it's in my head, but people always said my car was blistering fast with whatever stock motor I was running. I never did anything to my motors, so I think a combination of all those things did make a difference. I'm waiting for someone to make Ti MIP axles. That would really make a rotational mass weight difference. They would need harder Ti material like the steel ones. Just my opinion. I think I'll wait for a FT version of the TC4. It's cheaper if you want some of that stuff.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #54
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

Rotational mass is four times lighter than sitting parts. So if you get a center shaft that is 10g instead of 12g, that is 8g in rotating mass.
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:29 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im sorry, but, when has it EVER become acceptable for a belt to skip? LOSI : "Oh well, sometimes in mod, the XXX-S belt will skip, and it almost has too to be just right." Please tell me you guys remember hearing LOSI drivers saying it was ok to hear the belt skip! "Oh well, LOSI has since fixed that problem with the sunshine colored belt." Dude. You LOSI boys can crack on AE all ya want but the fact remains, you have seen the very car on this forum that WILL win the worlds. As a matter of fact, we need a better picture of the rear of the car, because that is ALL you slow-ski's will see.

Ok, nuff said. I will never ever trash talk again on RCTECH... sorry FUTUREAL, some people just make it toooo easy.

Associated Electrics

" You have yet to witness the full power of this spacestation..."

- DaveW
Old 09-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal

So many haters out there... haha
couldn't have said it better myself...

don't hate!!,.... CONGRADULATE!!..
Old 09-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #57
Tech Master

Exclamation

Just want to say that AE could not please everybody with their TC4 release... I guess its best not to compare who compied who?!. For sure thay maybe a bit similar but they still have their own version.. haters don't like it then stay with what you have or better get the car w/c suites your desire. its just as simple as that.

PEACE and happy racing !!!!!!!..

Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Default Wow...in that case Micros Rock...

If each axle weighed an oz. take that times 4 that would be a real weight saver. But this is not demand for this part. Why? This part would makes more sense. Those aluminum IRS input shafts made a huge difference, so I can't imagine what they would be like. I would guess you could blow on your spur gear and make it turn. Lets get some support for this part. Call them at (626)339-9008
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Im glad AE came out with this new car. Maybe now you guys can keep up with the Yokomo!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

Quote:
Originally posted by micros_rock
Rotational mass is four times lighter than sitting parts. So if you get a center shaft that is 10g instead of 12g, that is 8g in rotating mass.
4 times heavier in terms of lateral acceleration.
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote