Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 07-22-2005, 02:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Idiot move # 2. I have been trying to track down a way to order the yokomo shock caps recently. It seemes everyone was out of stock. After lots of helpful advice (including someone who wisely suggested going straight to Yokomo) I decided to give up. Well I have found them. At, . . . wait for it . . .www.yokomousa.com. Apparently I overlooked their shop section when I first looked and went straight to search. Well now that you all know what in ignoramus I am, I can only get smarter. Just thought I'd share this small victory!!
Well thats cool that you found them.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks wyd. I searched with no luck, but is there a thread in the electric onroad forums dedicated to set ups sheets people have posted? I dont want to double thread but I couldn't get the search to return anything. Seems we (racers) could all use a collection of setups asside from what the pros have posted on the manufacturers websites. Or if anyone knows a nice selection (not just for the tc4 mind you ) could you respond with it? Many thanks to all
Old 07-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

i think a good idea, that could be forwarded onto futereal is a 'setup database'

check out xray forums to see what i mean, all the members can post their setups, you can seperate them into different cars, different countries and stuff....reeeealy useful.

not sure if its 'doable' on this board but its worth a shot.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

www.gearchart.com
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

thanks blackcat. Now if we can just get some tc4 sheets up there! I did find this.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/car_setup.php

I haven't looked at the actual sheets yet, but it seems more comprehensive than anything else I have found. I have yet to check out the xray forums RM. Do you have a web address?

Andrew
Old 07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

go to www.teamxray.com and it says 'xray forum' in middleish on the left..click that.

then near the top right somewhere it should say 'setup database' or something.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Using the dual fan set up, does it take up some power? My heats and mains are 8-minutes in the stock 23T class. I haven't tried a set yet but it looks interesting.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

I race rookie at my track and I haven't noticed any difference at all using the associated dual fan kit. Either in punch, or in duration. I race two classes 4wd oval and rookie road coarse-both are 5 min races. I use old old 3300's that only charge to like 2700. So theres my .02
Old 07-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

running fans will help keep your motor from going flat during a race.magnets and brushes dont like heat.this will help keep the brushes and magnets a little cooler.i never tried the AE version but i have run fans and they seem to help quite a bit.especially with low wind mods.in stock or 19 turn i dont worry much because as long as im geared correctly motor temp is not an issue.the motor stays consistant and doesnt heat up much.hope this helps
Old 07-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use them and have had no problems,Thats running 19 wind for 6 min. IMHO it runs better with the fans than without the fans.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Theoretically a hotter motor slows down and drains more punch from your cells, so by keeping it cool at its optimum temperature you might get more out of your cells (not too sure about this!)
Old 07-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

We always use fans in all our cars.

We have to with the temperatures we run in.

They're a good idea.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys for the info. I'll order a set and try it out!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default setup

Would anyone mind sharing their procedure for seting up their car prior to a race. I can get the set up sheets but I am looking to see what order you do things in. One of the biggest problems I face is simultaneously getting the ride height at each corner and the tweek right. Is this doable without a tweek board? (ie the lift with razor blade technique) I am also interested in what tools you use to set up your car prior to a race. I have an integy set up system (the older one) a ride height guage, and the associate droop guage. I run rookie at my track and am having a hard time getting my car to handle consistantly from race to race and week to week. I spend so much time trying to get my car consistant every week that I dont get enough practice in to improve. Every time I race I feel I am driving around some enormous problem with my car. Thanks for any help.

Andrew
Old 07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Before Process: De-Tweak Chassis (Loosen chassis brace screws, get someone to hold the chassis down on a flat surface while you tighten the screws down)

1) Set the toe (Front: usually as straight as possible)
2) Set droop
3) Ride Height/Razor blade
4) Camber
5) Double Check Ride Height/Tweak

My setup tools: RPM Camber Gauge, Lunsford "Punisher" tool, AE Droop Guage & a 5mm thick Spur Gear (for ride height)

One thing I noticed with the TC3 is the settings kinda "slopped" around with the standard ball-cups. Go with a set of RPM Ball-cups everywhere on the car (Hint: Prethread the ball-cups with a 4-40 screw...make 100% sure it goes in straight)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.