Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 10-15-2004, 06:57 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

thats free shipping too for the people who want to give Ultimate a call
Old 10-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ultimate Hobby does not have them listed at...

$189.95 on their website. Are they selling them at that price?
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Ultimate Hobby does not have them listed at...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
$189.95 on their website. Are they selling them at that price?
yes it is $189. I was there today and that is what i paid for it...
Old 10-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Wow that's a really good price...I paid more for my team TC3 3yrs. ago........I would be tempted but...
Old 10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

189.00 with free shipping??

I agree...i hope speedtechrc or kthobbies is going to have a sale also....

hmmmmm
Old 10-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Your right...

!89.95 @ Ultimate Hobbies. I was looking at KT hobbies. That is a great price. I'll have to check with them.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Customers that pre-ordered with us should already receive your confirmation letter. Although we can't match Ultimate's price (I simply can't compete when they sell it at below our cost) but they can do that because AE considers them as a "distributor" so they get an extra 10%-15% more discount than we do. We did bring the final price down to $209.99 and for those that pre-ordered, we are throwing in a FREE 190mm touring car body of your choice. Sorry guys, it's the best we can do

Steve Wang
Old 10-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

has any regular club driver driven a TC4 yet? Can you tell a difference from the TC3. What do you like better?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Will the front bumper brace off the TC4 fit the TC3?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

What Ultimate is doing is pretty shoddy anyway, and although it sounds dumb from a consumer standpoint, I really encourage people not to support stores that do things like that. You might save a bit here and there, but it really hurts everybody else out there in the industry. That's the reason that MAP policies are in effect.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Having an extensive background in retail I completly agree with futreal on this one. It certainly isn't right of them to sell them under what most retailers will be buying it for and will probably damage their relationship with Associated Electrics. I won't support a shop that does this kind of thing.

I also give kudos to KT Hobbies in trying to provide the best price and service to his customers.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Will the front bumper brace off the TC4 fit the TC3?
The TC4 is using the NTC3 front bumper brace. I supposed it can't be used for TC3 unless u have to modify it.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by futureal
What Ultimate is doing is pretty shoddy anyway, and although it sounds dumb from a consumer standpoint, I really encourage people not to support stores that do things like that. You might save a bit here and there, but it really hurts everybody else out there in the industry. That's the reason that MAP policies are in effect.
I agree too. It's very short term policy.

If they are really prepared to sell a TC4 kit for 10 % they must know very little about doing business and making a company work, and even less about business ethics.

We have those types around here too - just interested in seeing goods go out the shop.

But the ones I blame are the manufacturers. They should fix a retail price and insist that shops stick to it. And if they don't, they simply don't supply them.

I know companies that have an official distributor and still sell to Joe public. Pitiful, and certainly very unethical. One of the European manufacturers changes distributors with the same sort of regularity that it's managing director changes his nickers. Just the sort not to deal with. And no, they haven't screwed me. I never bought from them anyway.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:30 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

I work there and I can tell you why the price on this product is this way.

Hobby People, one of our competitor's advertised it for 189.99, while our original price was 209.95, we were forced to lower the price to compete.

If you dont believe me, take a look for yourself
http://www.hobbypeople.net/prdcls/caraac01.asp

I agree with you though, Map priceing is important, things should just be at a set price, that way you can buy it from the your local or favorite HS.

This is also an introductory price from what hank was telling me, the second batch may be priced back up to 209.95

I agree if you had say, 5 hobby shops in your area, all selling the TC4 for the same price.

Where would you choose to buy the car from? and why??

I understand this is your site and all, and you want to support the shops that pay your bills, I dont think it's in the best interest to call out one hobby shop "Ultimate" calling it shoddy business, without saying the same for all the other shops doing the same thing.

You can't imagine how often I have a customer come in the store and tell us, so and so has this cheaper, So we call em up find out it is cheaper, and are forced to lower our price to satisfy the consumer.

all ultimate is trying to do is give the consumer the best price possible, I can promise you, if it wasn't for HP, our price would be the 209, that most shops are selling it for. So to intice the consumer, we offer free shipping.

It's business

Last edited by TCR; 10-16-2004 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Didn't realize there was anything about the MAP policies...

Either way I usually support kthobbies and my friend small LHS in Chinatown :P

Did you get your TC4 yet shane...you mentioned you might be running one. I'd be interested in your opinion after driving the Pro4 and TC4.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.