Old 07-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #5626
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Yes...

A spool will ALWAYS wear the outside tire more than a one-way.

Remember, a one-way simply allows the front wheels to free-wheel during deceleration. It still retains differential action.

Conversely, a spool is always locked and never functions as a differential (a la inside wheel slower than outside.)

food for thought.
Thanks. Might have to try a one way and see how it works for me. I like the spool but finding it is a little hard on front tires. Mainly my left front but our track has some high speed right hand turns.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:27 PM   #5627
Tech Initiate

Default tc4 conversion

Does anyone know if they are gonna release a factory team conversion kit for the TC4? I saw they are gonna release the full kit but i already have the team kit.
mo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #5628
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default mo92...

Yes, but no one knows when. Hope this helps.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #5629
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi Guys ...
Speedway PAL has there new spool out with there version 2 telon blades which are much stronger ...have a look
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #5630
Tech Initiate

as long as they release one that is all i care about.
mo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #5631
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hi Guys ...
Speedway PAL has there new spool out with there version 2 telon blades which are much stronger ...have a look
-Dave

Do you believe this is suitable for full on modified racing?(7 and 8 turn motors) and also do you know how far away diffs for full on modified racing are?
Ryper Hobbies www.ryperhobbies.com.au
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #5632
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear
Do you believe this is suitable for full on modified racing?(7 and 8 turn motors) and also do you know how far away diffs for full on modified racing are?
The spool has been tested up to 9T mods ..... these hold up really well .

The version 2 diff should be done within a month.. I belive and these will have the same build up parts as the Steel diffs... but it will use the D-Rings and T-nut
-Dave
Old 07-18-2005, 12:13 AM   #5633
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The spool has been tested up to 9T mods ..... these hold up really well .

The version 2 diff should be done within a month.. I belive and these will have the same build up parts as the Steel diffs... but it will use the D-Rings and T-nut
-Dave
sweet!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:19 AM   #5634
Tech Master

SPOOLS.

The spool everyone seems to use is the IRS one.This is an alloy one as everybody knows. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with the IRS pin cushion drive shafts.

Well, as we all know, the pin cushions are a waste of time. For the last 2 years I have been using the IRS spool with Corally Assassin drive shafts and blades and this has been much better, but you have to keep an eye on the blades and replace them regularly if you don't want to damage the spool.

On my Yoke BD I use a steel spool made by RW Racing. I used it for a full season on my CGM and it's still like new. No need for blades, the kit drive shafts work fine, though yes, it is a bit heavier. But is my driving so good that the weight would hamper my lap times ? Definately not, so the sooner I find a steel spool for the TC4 the better.

Unless of course the Pal spool and blades are strong enough to take the hammering of 7 turn motors.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:43 AM   #5635
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
SPOOLS.

The spool everyone seems to use is the IRS one.This is an alloy one as everybody knows. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with the IRS pin cushion drive shafts.

Well, as we all know, the pin cushions are a waste of time. For the last 2 years I have been using the IRS spool with Corally Assassin drive shafts and blades and this has been much better, but you have to keep an eye on the blades and replace them regularly if you don't want to damage the spool.

On my Yoke BD I use a steel spool made by RW Racing. I used it for a full season on my CGM and it's still like new. No need for blades, the kit drive shafts work fine, though yes, it is a bit heavier. But is my driving so good that the weight would hamper my lap times ? Definately not, so the sooner I find a steel spool for the TC4 the better.

Unless of course the Pal spool and blades are strong enough to take the hammering of 7 turn motors.

I use the steel spool that Assoc makes for the TC3/4 couldn't tell you what the part number is though
Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 AM   #5636
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead
I use the steel spool that Assoc makes for the TC3/4 couldn't tell you what the part number is though
I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE ONE.

I'll look out for it.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:26 AM   #5637
Tech Adept

Ref 1703 = TC3/TC4 Solid Front or Rear Axle
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:28 AM   #5638
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_fender
Ref 1703 = TC3/TC4 Solid Front or Rear Axle
Cheers for that
Old 07-18-2005, 04:42 AM   #5639
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
SPOOLS.

7T motor....shouldn`t be a problem... they teflon blades have been beefed up quite a bit over the last version..so they can handle the extra power

-Dave
Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #5640
Tech Adept

last weekend a friend snapped the associated steel front spool in a crash
i couldnt believe it as there quite beefy it must have been some crash!!!!
gaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote