Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

same, since i got yoko caps they are really easy to build and get consistant from shock to shock.

just them damn AE caps, why cant Ae just include some yoko caps?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
...and the programming & setup time, the multiple angles it would need to rotate because of the shape of the slots, etc.

Guys are getting a little nit-picky, no?

OK $25 per chassis for 5 chassis. What would it be for 500 chassis or 5000 chassis ? Still 25 per ? AE wants to be innovative, the TC3 design showed that, so why not go the extra mile and take care of the details and be the first manufacturer to bevel the slots. I just can't believe that it would be so cost prohibitive that you couldn't produce the kit.
It would be interesting to get Jason's comments on the additional cost (although probably not one of AE's favorite people at this time).
Old 07-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

The AE shocks should have changed once the FT TC4 will come out. It would just make sense. After owning the TC3 for many years, the AE shocks are'nt that bad. There not the easiest to build but if there built right, there's nothing to complain about. I've found that coating the O-ring seal and the inner threads of the shock caps make the AE shocks leak-proof.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

yep, and cosnidering Jason doesn't mass produce his, it may or may not work out more expensive.

saying that, Jason, bevels the sides aswell so it would work out more expensive than if Ae did it (as AE are going to be mass producing these chassis')

one Q T Phalen, is everything made in house or do you get other companies to do it? (if you are allowed to answer that)
Old 07-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul_TC4
The AE shocks should have changed once the FT TC4 will come out. It would just make sense. After owning the TC3 for many years, the AE shocks are'nt that bad. There not the easiest to build but if there built right, there's nothing to complain about. I've found that coating the O-ring seal and the inner threads of the shock caps make the AE shocks leak-proof.
i use AE green slime on all my shock seals..works a treat and it does what it says it does (helps seal the shocks and makes them smoother )
Old 07-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not saying that they leak all the time. But they do seem to need more attention than other types. They should inculde the hard anodized ones like the B4. That way the piston doesnt wear on the cylinder so much. You know all that gray oil that comes out after a few runs.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

i hate the ae shocks. after workin on them for a while im ready to pay somebody to build them for me

ps that green slime does work well

pps can someone please help me with the friken adress that i send that stupidd little blue card to for the lrp warranty
Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

i dont noe why u guys are complaining about the shocks,but i have absolutely no complaints,NONE.no leaks,no building problems,nothing.maybe u guys have more than 1 set of shocks from other cars,but i have only ae shocks,and they work great.i might get the yokomo caps to see if there is any improvement in easeness of building consistent shocks.but until then,i'm really happy with my current shocks .my 2 cents
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Been a busy night out here. Actually day your side of the world.

Bladder caps. Yes, removing the little rubber thing does alter things. With the rubber in, the shocks rebound more. Without it they are more linear. I prefer them without the rubbers.

LEAKING SHOCKS. I have used AE shocks on all the TC3's I have built in the last 5 years without any bother. I very rarely have to rebuild them. In fact I can tell you that the ones on my son's Championship winning TC4 did not require a rebuild once throughout the season. They are straightforward FTTC3 items with Yoke bladder caps and AE unobtanium shafts. And they are brilliant. So much so that I use them on all my Yokes too.

AE BASHING. It seems that the latest craze here is AE bashing. Are we forgetting that the TC3 is the most successful touring car of all time. Five years of winning with very little change. That's got to be something to be proud of. The thing I have noticed is that it's mainly US citizens complaining whilst the foreigners like myself defend. I wonder why.

What we all seem to be forgetting is that AE have a policy of continually updating their cars without making a song and dance out of it. And without charging us extra for their mistakes. This months magazines have pages of NEW IMPROVED items for the luxury performance touring car, thick chassis, thin chassis, medium chassis, bulkheads, hubs, you name it. But all these things come as extras for you to pay for, when in fact they are just improvements on the originals because the factory couldn't get it right the first time. AE simply put these improvements into their kits without bragging and without charging us extra.

And yet, all we can do is complain. Yes the TC4 has had a few hiccups. But yes also, AE sorted them out like men, instead of fobbing us off with new improved this and that, and asking us to pay for their mistakes.

I have no connections with AE except that I sell their cars just as I sell Yokomo, Corally, Schumacher and others. I am in the lucky position that I can pick and choose what to race, but it's no coincidence that I have run a TC3 and now TC4 for my son to drive, and he has won the National championship 4 times in the last 5 years.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

john bull

you must take into consideration that all peaple do not have the experience that you have when it comes to building cars,shocks etc.
i could guess that you have built hundreds for yourself and customers alike!!

i found that if you spend time with building the ae shocks they do work very very well!!!

but they are quite frustating when your trying to build them at trackside.
example. if you have the wrong oil in for the track layout and need to rebuild them.
here in england in our club races there seems to be very little time between heats so it makes it damn hard to do it with the ae ones!!
its ok if daddy is there doing the pit work for you etc!

i find it much easier with the trf shocks !!
thats just my opinion

cheers gaz
Old 07-09-2005, 04:41 AM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
i hate the ae shocks. after workin on them for a while im ready to pay somebody to build them for me

ps that green slime does work well

pps can someone please help me with the friken adress that i send that stupidd little blue card to for the lrp warranty
Here are a step by step instructions on how to find the address to mail LRP equipment in for servicing in the USA.

1. Open your favorite web browser.
2. Enter the url http://www.rc10.com
3. Under products, click LRP Electronic
4. Under other, click Warranties and Repair.
5. Beneath LRP item needs repair, click the "click here".
6. Read that page and follow the instructions.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnbull
Been a busy night out here. Actually day your side of the world.

Bladder caps. Yes, removing the little rubber thing does alter things. With the rubber in, the shocks rebound more. Without it they are more linear. I prefer them without the rubbers.

LEAKING SHOCKS. I have used AE shocks on all the TC3's I have built in the last 5 years without any bother. I very rarely have to rebuild them. In fact I can tell you that the ones on my son's Championship winning TC4 did not require a rebuild once throughout the season. They are straightforward FTTC3 items with Yoke bladder caps and AE unobtanium shafts. And they are brilliant. So much so that I use them on all my Yokes too.

AE BASHING. It seems that the latest craze here is AE bashing. Are we forgetting that the TC3 is the most successful touring car of all time. Five years of winning with very little change. That's got to be something to be proud of. The thing I have noticed is that it's mainly US citizens complaining whilst the foreigners like myself defend. I wonder why.

What we all seem to be forgetting is that AE have a policy of continually updating their cars without making a song and dance out of it. And without charging us extra for their mistakes. This months magazines have pages of NEW IMPROVED items for the luxury performance touring car, thick chassis, thin chassis, medium chassis, bulkheads, hubs, you name it. But all these things come as extras for you to pay for, when in fact they are just improvements on the originals because the factory couldn't get it right the first time. AE simply put these improvements into their kits without bragging and without charging us extra.

And yet, all we can do is complain. Yes the TC4 has had a few hiccups. But yes also, AE sorted them out like men, instead of fobbing us off with new improved this and that, and asking us to pay for their mistakes.

I have no connections with AE except that I sell their cars just as I sell Yokomo, Corally, Schumacher and others. I am in the lucky position that I can pick and choose what to race, but it's no coincidence that I have run a TC3 and now TC4 for my son to drive, and he has won the National championship 4 times in the last 5 years.
Well said.

AE shocks work great. The older setup required more work to build at first but once you had all the parts timmed neatly from their parts tree with no burs they go together nicely. Now the newer versions like on my TC4 are even better with basically no trimming of parts. They are by far the best and easiest shock setup Associated has had. If you put the Yoke bladder caps on the AE shocks work and are as easy to maintain as the Tamiya shocks. I run a ton of Tamiya shocks and I would say those are the best shocks out but with just the smallest effort the AE work just as well. I run the stock AE caps with no problems. Never have leaks if they are built right. AE for the most part has one of the better customer service staffs around but from time to time you might get a bad experiance with them (but every place or person has a bad day from time to time). Were all human.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.rc10.com/enlarge/30102_rearhub.htm
hex nut instead of star??
Old 07-09-2005, 08:50 AM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb

I usually just lurk, but here is my summary of the complaints about the TC4 and FT-TC4.

No autofill, auto-adjustable rebound shocks that automatically select the best rebound and damping for a particular corner.
No chassis option kit with milled section for the battery tape. There should a separate chassis for each of the racers that use 1, 2 or 3 tape wraps around the battery.
No carbon fiber chassis and anodized screw color adjustment dial to match the mood of the day.
No autosensing chassis bevels that are adjustable for slightly different sized cells.
No integrated 4 wheel speed sensor that send power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.
No built in servo controlled auto-tweak device.
No onboard 4 K closed-cycle helium refrigerator to keep the motor running efficiently.
No integrated solar cell peak charger.
No automatic turn-in apex adjustment, auto pass feature, or gyroscope system to avoid flipping over when clipping a dot.
No accident and board avoidance technology or nanobots to repair any broken parts.

But, with the suitable "hop-ups" at least if you smash into the board (or street curb!) your shocks had the same rebound and the car looked cool.

/don't take it too seriously
Old 07-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ml
I usually just lurk, but here is my summary of the complaints about the TC4 and FT-TC4.

No autofill, auto-adjustable rebound shocks that automatically select the best rebound and damping for a particular corner.
No chassis option kit with milled section for the battery tape. There should a separate chassis for each of the racers that use 1, 2 or 3 tape wraps around the battery.
No carbon fiber chassis and anodized screw color adjustment dial to match the mood of the day.
No autosensing chassis bevels that are adjustable for slightly different sized cells.
No integrated 4 wheel speed sensor that send power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.
No built in servo controlled auto-tweak device.
No onboard 4 K closed-cycle helium refrigerator to keep the motor running efficiently.
No integrated solar cell peak charger.
No automatic turn-in apex adjustment, auto pass feature, or gyroscope system to avoid flipping over when clipping a dot.
No accident and board avoidance technology or nanobots to repair any broken parts.

But, with the suitable "hop-ups" at least if you smash into the board (or street curb!) your shocks had the same rebound and the car looked cool.

/don't take it too seriously

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.