R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #5281
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When are the FT parts coming out? Will there be a conversion to make the old TC4's into FT TC4s?
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #5282
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Tony as Gee-dub had said we are located in Kingsburg,it's about a 3 hr drive from LA.Well anyways raced my TC4 for the first time tonight on carpet tonight,Wow went 5 laps faster than I did last week with my 04FK.. I dont know what to say,It's hard to believe but it's true.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #5283
Tech Master

I've been following the discussion re shops and bits that are not right.

I have run a shop for many years and sell most brands. I also sell alot of Associated. Believe me, AE are actually one of the least problematic.

I think I have come across at least 1 kit from each manufacturer, which has had something irregular, or not right. How do I know? Simple. I build each kit myself before it leaves the shop. In the case of RTR I make sure I run them when I get them, and if they do need a bit of attention I do it before offering it for sale. I know it's time consuming, but in the end it pays.

I know there are customers who like to build their own, but I do my best to dissuade them. When you tell people you have built and prepared the cars of the last 6 National champions, they soon agree that you build it.

As for sending stuff back and customer service, it all depends who you are dealing with. Most of the manufacturers I represent, I know I don't have problems with, so if say an AE part is wrong, I will change it immediately, then sort it out with the manufacturer. This way you have a satisfied customer. If you are dealing with serious manufacturers like AE, Schumacher, and Novak, to mention 3 that I deal with - 2 from the USA, then you don't have a problem. You know they are reliable.

The biggest problems are the guys who blame their equipment when it's their thumbs they should be blaming. Why isn't my TC3 as fast as his?

That's the most difficult one to answer, without upsetting a customer.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:30 AM   #5284
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
Tony as Gee-dub had said we are located in Kingsburg,it's about a 3 hr drive from LA.Well anyways raced my TC4 for the first time tonight on carpet tonight,Wow went 5 laps faster than I did last week with my 04FK.. I dont know what to say,It's hard to believe but it's true.
very har to believe..same track set up? same motor? same batteries? TC4 is a very good car..but no car is so much better that it is 5 laps better..unless ofcourse you ran 4 min before and 5 min this time
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:34 AM   #5285
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz8
hey wyd

your car looks the nuts.square aluminium spur holder is so light!!
try the 3 racing steering rack its much lighter than the stock one and takes away much of the play too!

what motor is that,and what electrics on on the car??

cheers gaz
Thanks. I did a little shimming and sanding and now have about 90% of the slop gone. I have just a tad bit of slop which is fine and will actually helpful to keep the car going straight. You need some slop in a car to have it tract straight. I had one car shimmed one time with no slop at all and it never would track right. Put a little slop back in it and it was perfect.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #5286
Tech Lord

GTIRACER True,A friend of mine and I were both commenting on that last night,He runs an Evo4 and this is the first time racing with a TC4 on carpet for me,Last week both of us ran 20 laps,mid pack about 2 laps down from the leaders,this week we both went 25,3 laps up on 3rd,the rest of the guys still went 22..I have no idea where the 5 laps came from..none.. But i will say this,The Car Was On Rails.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #5287
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85

Quote:
Originally Posted by havy
Hey guys, I'm thinking about the BMI conversion, do you know where I can get it?

Thanks,

havy
you can call his shop at 352-544-0463 or go on the bmi racing forum and ask jason -Protc3
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #5288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Customer Service

TPhalen- I read where you posted that if we had a problem with an AE product we should call. Well I've have used (and still do) many AE cars, and other products (LRP,REEDY, etc....) that AE sells and distributes and have always been happy with the quality. You knew a but was coming and here it is BUT the customer service at AE leaves ALOT to be desired. I called about 2 years ago with a problem with my TC3 and was talked to like I was stupid or something. Then 2 weeks ago I called cause I needed a manual for a 12L4 was put on hold (for a long time) called back later and got hung up on. Tony I know you're trying your best but some of the people who work with you have terrible customer service skills.

just my $.02
Roly

P.S. Tony could you help with the 12L4 manual???????
Old 07-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #5289
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jan Larsen

Question;

I'm running in a race on low grip, newly paved asphalt next week. Today I was out practicing on a similar track with similar surface. Low grip, unprepped, unswepped asphalt. Basically parking lot surface.
I have the carbon set installed all over. Would it give me more grip to change back to the plastic chassis and stifferners to alow more flex? Right now it feels too stiff. No grip at all, even with additive and tire warmers. Running CS27's.
Jan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #5290
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

you thought about running cs22s?

you could try running the plastic chassis in similar conditions before the race, it will allow more flex and generate more grip...but the graphite kit stiffens it all up so the suspension can do its work.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #5291
Tech Elite

Default customer service???

ahhh... never mind. deleted...

Last edited by RCknight; 07-03-2005 at 11:03 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #5292
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

I dont know why you peepz are putting down AE. I have gone there many times and I find they are the nicest people. I go down there to usually get parts for my TC4 or 18T. I have never had a problem with the way they treat me. I have called asking about repairing parts and what not and they never hung up the phone, bossy, and whatever you wanna say about them.

Matt
macvolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #5293
Tech Lord

Funny how that works..Meet someone in person and most of the time they are very nice and very helpfull,But call them on the phone and it's different..
Old 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #5294
wyd
Tech Legend

I think more than 1/2 of the customer service calls are people calling with resonable problems and questions and the other 1/2 that are just being totally unrealistic. Customer service takes a special person but it is hard to just sit ont he other end of the phone and have some person belittle your intelligence and expect you be nice. Not going to happen.

I know alot of guys are going to say I would never do that but then again its the same as the guy that says my car don't work and you happen to see them at the track and you know why!!!!!!!

I'm sure Associated just like all good companies try to be as helpful as possible but sometimes is truely impossible.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #5295
wyd
Tech Legend

I did run my TC4 for the 2nd race since I bought it 3 weeks ago. This week I tried a setup that Tony Phalen had posted. Now I was running stock and his was a mod setup so I did make a few minor changes (Red springs and spot shorter on the front camber link and no rear swaybar) and the car was almost perfect. The setup he had got me close and I worked on tuning it for what I needed from their. Great day for the TC4. Car was totally consistant all day long once the 1st round started and I had close to my final settings. Every run the car ran great.