Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Tony this just happened wednesday night,So i have not had a chance to call Associated about this problem.I race a TC4 so i would have to say I'm not really an Associated "basher"..I'm one of the few in my area that races an Associated..everyone else bashes Associated.. j/k You can be "mad" about this but I bet your not as upset over this as the kid who bought the car..or me.
i certainly hope you didn't sell it that way??
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Now you guys are bashing me.. Small hobby shop..Just started,not alot of RTR's in stock.It does cost alot of money to open an indoor carpet track/hobby shop,I did try to get my customer to buy the Losi but it does cost more money..to the point that i would have lost money if i had given them the Losi for the same price as the Associated.Remember Losi's do come with better radio gear but they do cost more.I guess now I need to apologize for being poor and not having mega bucks to open a "real" hobby shop..
Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
And you didn't contact us why???? See, it's stuff like this that upsets me a bit...you come on here and rant on how bad the car is, yet we have NO idea the car CAME that way!!!!!! We don't SEE every car that enters our building...and to have ALL that stuff wrong, well, that sounds like a serious problem, no? That would have been a good candidate to send it and check it out.

Please, please, please, as any manufacturer will tell you, if you don't bring the problems to us, we don't know they exist. Bashing the product on ANY forum does not help the cause. Please contact us with these problems. We need to know about them.
No bashing.......just a question.....in such a competitive market how can you NOT know what's coming in your doors ?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

TM,Car is sealed in a box,I had no idea the car was in the condition it was in.I did "fix" the car(they got a way better speed controller)I even went through the diffs and shimmed them for a smoother drivetrain,Put 40wt in the shocks yes I did them right.I have been racing for 20 years,I do know what I'm doing.Some day I'm sure I'll talk to Tony about this..We are the closest carpet track to LA..
Old 07-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Legend

XXX, I read this thread everyday !

appologies , but you could be gratefull for the fact that Ae rep`s even try to help here ....(I REALLY LIKE AE REP~S helping out)

They can & will go a long ways towards helping you with a problem.
If you just try to be a bit more polite..... (Tip)

If I had a problem with something at your place & posted as you did would you be pleased ?

Best of luck with your new facility
Old 07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry xxxkat. Read my post and it might have been a little harsh. Not my intention.

Anyway, I totally agree with the 'Instant Satisfaction' remark. In this instance, possibly sending it back was not the best idea but, since you appear to be a shop owner, give him another vehicle and hang on to this one. At your leisure (sooner than later), give a call and have the vehicle swapped out. You get your sale, we get our 'problem' child back! We can then use this as an example when we contact our 'builder' of what NOT to do.

xxxkat...where ya located?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone have a pic with the Associated Dula fan setup in. I just bought their pre wired dual fan setup and was wonder what some setups might look like. i can figure it out for sure but I thought a few ideas would be cool.

Thanks
Brian
Old 07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Most of the guys are wiring up an additional switch to the fans. This allows them to run with our without them. Additionally, if they DO run with them, it allows them to keep the fans on after the run (when they are turn marshalling) and have the vehicle off.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brian let me know how you like it, I might have to get it for myself. I got the little clip on heat sink with the fan on it but that didnt help very much. Hey Tony, do you guys service LRP speedo's as well? I might want to send a few older ones back to get looked at.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
TM,Car is sealed in a box,I had no idea the car was in the condition it was in.I did "fix" the car(they got a way better speed controller)I even went through the diffs and shimmed them for a smoother drivetrain,Put 40wt in the shocks yes I did them right.I have been racing for 20 years,I do know what I'm doing.Some day I'm sure I'll talk to Tony about this..We are the closest carpet track to LA..
now thats customer service, hopefully he will remember and you will have a loyal customer for life.

btw, those of us that live/lived north of gilroy, well we considered you so. cal. j/k
Old 07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have any experience of or feedback on the various Titanium CVDs that are on the market?

How much lighter than stock are they?

Do they wear the diff outputs excessively (I'm racing 19t / Stock)

Do they wear out quicker than the standard parts?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exint2
Does anyone have any experience of or feedback on the various Titanium CVDs that are on the market?

How much lighter than stock are they?

Do they wear the diff outputs excessively (I'm racing 19t / Stock)

Do they wear out quicker than the standard parts?

Thanks!
I'd use the stock aluminum ones over the ti ones. I doubt the weight savings is worth the price. If u wanna go lighter then use the composite cvd's from the tc3.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Anyone have a pic with the Associated Dula fan setup in. I just bought their pre wired dual fan setup and was wonder what some setups might look like. i can figure it out for sure but I thought a few ideas would be cool.

Thanks
Brian

Are your CANS too hot?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey Tony, do you guys service LRP speedo's as well? I might want to send a few older ones back to get looked at.
Yes we do. You might call here and find out exactly what they 'need' in order to do it, but I know we do it.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tony Phalen, while building my TC4, I got a papercut from the manual. I called customer support about it and they said "What do you want me to do about it...put a bandaid on it". I thought "Man, what awful customer support"

How do you guys stay in business

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.