Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JDM_DOHC_SiR ... IT will be worth the wait...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
JDM_DOHC_SiR ... IT will be worth the wait...

Mike
I know I Know...
Old 10-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't see the big deal for battery cooling (enlarging the battery slots. I'd say keep them as is. Alot of Asia companies are actually just milling out the chassis without any battery cutouts at all. The battery just sits in the milled out part. So the bottom of the chassis is absolutely flat. Masami used this kind of chassis to win the Japanese Mod Sedan Nationals. And these are 8 minute races out there. RaySpeed's new Yokomo Chassis is like this. TechRacing, Kai, etc does the same.

Anyways..... where is my car??? Would love to have it before the carpet regionals next month!!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by paulc
Funny, our LHS here got their shipment of TC4s already...and to think that we're in Asia.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1146792
That's correct. Got mine yesterday. Can't wait to have it run for testing and set-up. But the sad thing is the tuning parts are not yet available like 2 and 4 deg caster and 2 deg rear toe-in. I hope running the stock setting is OK.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nella-Nobrob
That's correct. Got mine yesterday. Can't wait to have it run for testing and set-up. But the sad thing is the tuning parts are not yet available like 2 and 4 deg caster and 2 deg rear toe-in. I hope running the stock setting is OK.
What springs came with the kit..??? and let us know how the build up goes...ect ect...I.E. diff cases for smoothness
-Dave
Old 10-13-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
What springs came with the kit..??? and let us know how the build up goes...ect ect...I.E. diff cases for smoothness
-Dave
All blue springs. The diff as stock is smooth compared to TC3. There's no need to dremel the diff case. It comes also with a composite outdrive which I have to replaced with metal one as am running mod for this kit Also, u need to dremel the battery side to fit in the bullet connector of the battery. I have no problem over-all building the kit. The parts fit very well.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nella-Nobrob
All blue springs. The diff as stock is smooth compared to TC3. There's no need to dremel the diff case. It comes also with a composite outdrive which I have to replaced with metal one as am running mod for this kit Also, u need to dremel the battery side to fit in the bullet connector of the battery. I have no problem over-all building the kit. The parts fit very well.
Good news..I was a bit worried that I might have to put about a days worth of time with a dremel and a set of files to get the gear cases/gears running smooth

also one last question... did the kit come with a basic set up..??
Thanks
-Dave
Old 10-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Good news..I was a bit worried that I might have to put about a days worth of time with a dremel and a set of files to get the gear cases/gears running smooth

Thanks
-Dave
From what I recall only the graphite diff casings had some issues with pinched bearings.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
-Dave
Yes, it has a base set-up. I doubt if it's for foam or rubber tire set-up.
Rgds.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by itchynads
From what I recall only the graphite diff casings had some issues with pinched bearings.
On the TC3 yes. We hope not on the TC4.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
I havent seen how the TC4 battery space looks compared to the TC3. Is it moulded better or the same looking. I first did it because my pack wouldnt sit even in the moulded slots. Then of course I had to go crazy and make my chassis look like a piece of swiss cheese.
The batts sits well on the moulded slots.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The basic setup was tested at SoCal Raceway (mainly)....high traction asphalt track. This setup has worked pretty well at other outdoor, high-med. high traction asphalt tracks, on rubber tires. Some tweaking may be needed for you particular track.

RE: Graphite diff casings. We never sold graphite diff casings. However, we did update the diff casing to a slightly modified tool to allow you to build the casing WITHOUT the use of a dremel!!!! They should be super smooth still.

I'm off to Chicago for the RCHTA show....sorry if I can't get to any questions until next week.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are you getting in tonight or tomorrow Tony? Look forward to seeing you and Bob there...oh, who am I kidding, I want to see the new car
Old 10-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the TC4 avalaible somewhere or not yet???

Hugo
Old 10-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I beleive the Pinoys in the phillipines have their order already, of the kits that is.

Over here in Canada, this friday, , , , Wait!!!!!!thats in 2 days!

I've had the parts for the TC4 acouple of weeks now. Just patiently waiting for the kit to show.

I should have it before the LHS get them, which would be about late next week.

Dang, I've got a big race to attend this weekend, dunno if I'll have the chassis ready unless I do an allnighter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.