Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 06-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

WOW. This has been an exciting couple of days.

WYD. Welcome to decent cars. Son Josh has run a TC3 since day 1 and made 4 National championships with it, and this year with the TC4 he has done it again. I'm sure you'll like it.

Yes, it is trickier to set up than the TC3, simply because it is much more adjustable, but when you get it right it's ballistic.

BIG DOG. It looks like you don't have anyone decent driving TC4's where you race. Where we race Josh won 19 of the 26 rounds he started this year with the TC4, to take his 7th National championship. Just to keep things in the right perspective, the guy that came 2nd won 4 rounds, and the guy that came 3rd also won 4 rounds. I'm not going to tell you which luxury performance touring car they were driving, because I don't want to start another round of bitching, but those are the undisputable facts.

I have built a couple of TC4s and I have built or tinkered with just about every rc car in the last 12 years. God knows how many TC3s. I don't think the TC4 is any worse than any of the others. They all have their cock ups. It's how quickly they rectify them that matters. When Corally had a diff problem with one of their cars a while ago, they supplied all their dealers with revised replacement parts immediately - free. When another firm had a trust bearing problemn one of it's luxury cars recently, one of the bosses tried telling customers the bearings were failing because they were doing things wrong - this on their own website. Eventually there were so many people complaining that the pre built diffs had no grease, he had to change his tune.

I can't say I found much wrong with the build of the TC4, and there certainly wasn't much wrong with the TC3. The standard TC4 chassis does make the car a bit heavy - though it's a bantamweight compared to the Yoke CGM, but with the graphite tub kit we have had to add weight to ours.

In conclusion our TC4 as it stands is good enough to win - again and again, but I'm looking forward to trying both the FT kit and the BMI kit.

It's great to have so many people working to make a great car even better.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

well said, and congrats to your boy.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

johnbull always nice to chat with you. I have always like Assicated cars more than most other brands plus my 415 is down right now and needed a car quickly. Got a great deal on the TC4 new in box and I pulled the trigger and bought it. I really like it and I still like running shaft cars better than belts but that is my preference. Can't wait to run it again Sat at my local track this time.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by protc3
very well spoken art,now im starting to wonder if you were the guy in the picture
ohhhh good one..

You just copied the Warpspeed Demon chassis
Old 06-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmunno
Tony do you remember this post? Diff problems way back before the first of the year. Let's see the Birds were in Feb. So how long does it take to research a problem. The post before this one that I quoted was from wannabe asking about the problem There are more if you need me to refresh your memory.
Ya, I do. Again, just because ONE person calls, that does not mean we are going to drop everything and research a problem. Maybe you DID do it wrong, maybe not. Once we get numerous calls, there might actually be a problem. At that time, we ask consumers that have the problem to send the parts in...we inspect them, and the make a decision based on the results.

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't get taken care of. But, I can tell no matter what I tell you on here, you won't be satisfied.

BigDogRacing: Sorry, will be at a race here in SoCal that weekend. Sounds like fun, though.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Art Garfunkel
ohhhh good one..

You just copied the Warpspeed Demon chassis
Dude go to another thread. I'm sure you can post your brilliant comments elsewhere.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

tony phalen,our agreement?please take car of your part of the deal.

Art,that was a good one.you got me dude.i copied warpspeed,right.that was about the most mindless comment you posted yet.please keep em coming.i am enjoying your stupidity.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wyd
Dude go to another thread. I'm sure you can post your brilliant comments elsewhere.
eXpress Motorsports (Team Driver) LAME

protc3,

Just continue making your second rate aftermarket chassis….OKAY!

TPhalen,

Don’t waist your time with this fool. He is obviously upset because he cant turn a profit.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

come on art stop trying to provoke an other flame war !!

just get your self a dirty women and take your frustations out on her!!!
then again i guess you cant loose a lifes frustations.........in 2 mins!!!

so what car you drive art??

cherrs gaz
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gaz8
come on art stop trying to provoke an other flame war !!

just get your self a dirty women and take your frustations out on her!!!
then again i guess you cant loose a lifes frustations.........in 2 mins!!!

so what car you drive art??

cherrs gaz

That was my last post...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Art Garfunkel
eXpress Motorsports (Team Driver) LAME

protc3,

Just continue making your second rate aftermarket chassis….OKAY!

TPhalen,

Don’t waist your time with this fool. He is obviously upset because he cant turn a profit.
This thread has turned into a train wreck. I have asked Shane to look into this thread. You guys need to stop bagging on each other and get back to valid discussions pertaining to racing TC3/4 or this thread will get closed and a few of you might get banned.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

well lets move on!!!!

john bull i always read your posts they always seem well balanced and interesting i wish your son all the best in his future racing!!!

going back to my last thread regarding the hingepin slop,ive felt many other more exspensive cars for slop and they have it too.unless they have taken the time to build the car sweetly.

i bought this car because i liked it and still do !!

cheers gaz
Old 06-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does the factory team hinge pin set get rid of the slop?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NVisible
does the factory team hinge pin set get rid of the slop?
To rid my car of slop in the hingepins I did two things. On the plastic hingepin blocks-I used very thin plastic bag material over the hingepin ball and pushed it all into the block. This eliminated the slop that would develop over a few packs.
For the fore-aft slop-I used different thickness motor shims. Its always good to have the brass and aluminum shims around.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Guys, P L E A S E stop this childish argument. I don't care who's right or wrong. Just stop it, please. This is not the place for this kind of behaviour. We all know the TC4 isn't perfect design and I'm pretty sure the BMI chassis isn't either.

Where can I find info on the BMI TC4 chassis? If it's on the BMI homepage it's pretty well hidden.

Does anyone know when the FT TC4 will be out?

What is the newest setup for untreated parking lot racing?

Last edited by andsetinn; 06-28-2005 at 10:43 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.