R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #5101
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Brian where are you at with your setup. I can tell you I was dialed in...maybe too much my tires were squealing. My only problem was I had nothing for power for scooby. Him, his girl, and Steve looked like they had 12 turns in their cars. He was running high 14's and I was running low 16's. Then again I was on rubber and he was on foam.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #5102
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 06-27-2005 at 05:24 PM.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #5103
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Like I said, now that everyone is all done we can get back to actually talking about the TC4
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #5104
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
We wanted to stay away from a high-priced super-sedan, but nowadays to win races, you need the adjustability of a super-sedan...thus, the FT TC4. Only problem is that the cost goes up.
So why did you guys put out the grapite conversion? It sounds like you’re saying it does'nt work.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:15 PM   #5105
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let's then, settle this by stopping all this SH*T! You and I, Jason, got into it a while back and I apologized for inadvertantly 'aiming' my attacks towards BMI....and you. Now, we log on to see what's up and you ARE attacking our designs...our car...something you haven't even have access to! I feel very stupid, like I got kicked in the nuts after apologizing.

Second. As you might know, items like 'diff gears to thick' are a bit out of our control. We spec the parts and they are made. We QC them, they are sold. If our vendor jacks up the mold, that is COMPLETELY out of our control until they are caught...but by that time, parts were sold. We did our best to remove those from the marketplace are replace them with correct parts.

Copying the nitro steering rack??? That rack was IN our TC4 before you even HAD a car to make the chassis for it!!!!! Let's see...we are going to come out with a FT CF chassis so let's change the entire steering. Let's spend MORE money so we can charge MORE money for the new steering??? Does that makes sense??? Or, should we just mount the steering to the chassis LIKE IT WAS MOUNTED IN OUR TC4?????

This is really just getting out of hand. You stop. We stop. We are both in this to make money. You have a chassis, we have the car. You sell your chassis, we will sell our kits and conversions. Let's let this rest...we can take it to the track to see which is better.

AGREED????
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #5106
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
So why did you guys put out the grapite conversion? It sounds like you’re saying it does'nt work.
We'd rather not, actually, but if we don't put one out, people will complain that we didn't. We've seen it before....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-27-2005, 04:25 PM   #5107
Tech Apprentice

Slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #5108
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 06-27-2005 at 05:26 PM.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #5109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Second. As you might know, items like 'diff gears to thick' are a bit out of our control. We spec the parts and they are made. We QC them, they are sold. If our vendor jacks up the mold, that is COMPLETELY out of our control until they are caught...but by that time, parts were sold. We did our best to remove those from the marketplace are replace them with correct parts.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

When my daughter's brand new TC4 had a diff problem and 3 of your experts at the Snowbirds told her to contact AE for replacement. When she called Associated for a replacement part she was told her set up was wrong!!!! It wasn't her set up it was parts not made to spec. Thanks for all the help and support. In our family we own 2 TC3's/ 1 TC4 / 2 12L4 and 1 12L3. We replaced the parts along with everything else that needed to be fixed at our own expense. You know the rear a arms you sent to several others with the diff parts in our area becuase of the same issues. Whoever she talked to didn't want to do a damn thing for us. I almost forgot 1 B4 can be added to the list.

Last edited by tmunno; 06-27-2005 at 05:09 PM.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #5110
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunno
[Second. As you might know, items like 'diff gears to thick' are a bit out of our control. We spec the parts and they are made. We QC them, they are sold. If our vendor jacks up the mold, that is COMPLETELY out of our control until they are caught...but by that time, parts were sold. We did our best to remove those from the marketplace are replace them with correct parts.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

When my daughter's brand new TC4 had a diff problem and 3 of your experts at the Snowbirds told her to contact AE for replacement she was told her set up was wrong!!!! It was'nt her set up it was parts not made to spec. Thanks for all the help and support. In our family we own 2 TC3's/ 1 TC4 / 2 12L4 and 1 12L3. We replaced the parts along with everything else that needed to be fixed at our own expense. You know the rear a arms you sent to several others with the diff parts in our area becuase of the same issues. Whoever she talked to didn't want to do a damn thing for us.
I don't know why you didn't get the parts you asked for. Possibly, at that time, CS hadn't KNOWN about the problem yet. And just because someone calls up we don't just give out free parts willy-nilly. We need to research the parts, make sure there is an actual problem, then go from there. If you even knew how many calls we get about someone 'wanting free parts'...it's amazing. Now, you SHOULD have received parts. Because you didn't, I don't know why...I wasn't there during that conversation or know what took place. But, like you said, "You know the rear a arms you sent to several others with the diff parts in our area becuase of the same issues." That PROVES we did do something about it. All I can say is sorry you didn't get helped.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #5111
Tech Master

Sorry we didn't get help. Well now that just makes everything hunky-dorry! You had a problem you checked it out and fixed some of the local owners! How many of your products do we need to own so that we can become one of the people you decided to help. Seven AE cars isn't enought???
Old 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #5112
Tech Elite

What would you like me to do?
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #5113
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Can't we all just get along!!!!!!! Hope we get back talking about the car soon as I need to gain as much info as possible since I have a TC4.

Lets leave it at Associated makes a great car, BMI makes nice after market parts for this car. Now Associated makes a CF conversion so it is a win win for all. If you want Associated CF setup it is available and if you want a TC4 and like BMi then it is also around. How great it this!!!!!!!!!! It all benefits the consumer working on making the best TC4 they can have. I like both Associated and BMI and I hate to see this happening.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #5114
Tech Elite

I think we've come to a settlement...
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-27-2005, 05:29 PM   #5115
Tech Master

NOTHING!!! Your company had a chance to make it right. They refused to at that time. Now you ask me what I want you to do. If AE had done the right thing to begin with, we wouldn't be talking here about it now would we!