R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2005, 12:06 PM   #5041
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_S
I think AE as blown it again with the FT TC4

If there would not follow the other "OVER PRICE TC" they would gain a lot of market from the Car of the Week club.

The "OVER PRICE TC" are killing racing right now.

If AE would come out with $289 like the TC3FT. They would sell a lot more cars, plus might make the other "OVER PRICE TC" to rethink charging so much for a car where a car that cost less then their kicking they butt.
true!
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #5042
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

My BMI
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-img_0470_1.jpg  
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #5043
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so how much is the bmi tc4
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #5044
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Current TC4 owners, Are you going to:

1.) Keep your TC4 as is?
2.) Sell it and buy a FT TC4?
3.) Convert to the BMI Chassis?

Also, im sure its been asked, but is there some shimming that should be done to the shaft drive / gears?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #5045
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVisible
Current TC4 owners, Are you going to:

1.) Keep your TC4 as is?
2.) Sell it and buy a FT TC4?
3.) Convert to the BMI Chassis?

Also, im sure its been asked, but is there some shimming that should be done to the shaft drive / gears?
I'm going to keep my TC4 and buy a FT TC4 as well, one for indoor and one for outdoor, saves changing setups all the time
Old 06-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #5046
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

What am I gonna do?!?! I don't really know.

1) I would like to keep the TC4 as it is but the car has more potential if something else is added. I'm racing on carpet and the car always feels inconsistant to me even though it drives fairly well.

2) I doubt I'll get much money selling my TC4 now. I've been seeing alot of TC4's going on the F/S forums here. Plus, the FT is way overpriced IMO. AE always said that there thinking about the customers and will keep the price as low as possible. Well, it looks like the FT TC4 is just as expensive, if not more expensive than SOME existing Touring Cars.

3) Getting the BMI would be MY choice. It's the cheapest way, plus it's Carbon Fiber.

One thing, I heard AE is going to release a Conversion Kit. I would really like a price on it. If that fails, it's BMI for me, with the goodies Jason will be comming out with soon.
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #5047
Tech Champion

Paul, figure the conversion will be a new chassis with a center brace. If I had to guess expect to pay around a hundred bucks.

I'm thinking you may be better off getting the BMI chassis. At least that's the way I'm leaning. If you can afford it, buy the FT kit, not the conversion.

Talking to the SSH guys it looks like the way to go is X-RAY.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #5048
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

BMI but i'm still going to try to make the tub better. If that doesnt work TRF for me.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #5049
Tech Master

Talking

Im going to wait and see what Jason has cooking at BMI. once he has that all dialed in im going to go that route. I owned an XRAY FK recently, and i must say finding parts and buying parts was painful. I can find anything i need for the TC4 quite easily, and i can buy more of them due to their lower price. Im pretty excited to get working on this car.
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #5050
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

I am going to just buy the new TC4 FT, and put all the electronics that i have in mine right now into the new one. I have heard from the grapevine that the FT conversion is going to be as much as the new car lol.

Matt
macvolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #5051
Tech Fanatic

Default anyone got a new ashaplt setup to try

hi any one got any new setups to try ouside the ones on the a.e site
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #5052
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Paul_TC4....

I feel your pain, but it was incorrect setup that made my car feel inconsistant. A few things I thought made the car feel inconsistant was having a short wheel base. A big, no, no with the TC4. For some reason it doesn't like it short. That may be the reason the Pro 4 doesn't have any wheel base adjustments. Another is could be too much steering ackerman. Go with the longest camber link locations and it will help make the car more stable. If your like me, you are not smooth entering corners. Shocks were another thing that made my car feel inconsistant. I went with a bladder style shock like the JRX-S ones. I also took my time building them perfect and the car just felt way better. Like I said setup is everything. If camber is off just by a 1/2-1 degree it will make the car feel inconsistant and hard to drive. Keep playing with it and think about what it's doing. Don't waste time, change it if it don't feel good. Try things you have never done or do what I did, read everthing on how adjustments affect your car. What's your car doing? What is your track like? Bumpy or smooth? What's your setp? How do you drive? A chassis won't fix anything, if you don't maximize the adjustements on your car. Let us know. Mine works great, massive corner speed, and it's consistant. I'm moving up fast with our top fastest guys at my track. Balancing the car with scales and a BMI chassis will just be the icing on the cake. A chassis will not be a "fix all" it will only help you improve an already great setup. How long have you been racing? I have a great setup if you want it. Good luck buddy.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #5053
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macvolcom
I am going to just buy the new TC4 FT, and put all the electronics that i have in mine right now into the new one. I have heard from the grapevine that the FT conversion is going to be as much as the new car lol.

Matt
My best guess is that the conversion kit will be around 250$ .... not to sure about it though

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:42 PM   #5054
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

RCnight what are you running on? I'm looking for a good rubber tire on carpet setup. Do you have your wheelbase set as long as possible?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #5055
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guys...

Save yourself alot of headaches and ALOT of money and go with the BMI TC4 chassis. I just got done racing mine today outside on very hot asphalt...130 degrees...and the car was on absolute rails. Yes the setup is always going to be the key to getting any good touring car to handle the way it should but when you have it right on the money with the BMI it's like money in the bank! I'm very carefull to make sure the car's ride height, camber, droop, and tweak are exact.

I follow Juho Levanen's outdoor Full Throttle Speedway's setup on the Ae site to the letter! If the track's bumpy...don't run sway bars.

You know you're doing something right when the guys that run Xray's, Losi's, and Tamiya's come over to see what you've got?
Terry M is offline   Reply With Quote