Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Addict

Default Waiting waiting waiting.

I'm tired of this waiting. I just want the bloody car. It looks like everyone even remotely associated with Associated, and his granny, has already got the car. "Oh, sir. weren't you Associated teamdriver in good old "63, here is our new car." WHY isn't the car in shops?
I'm giving up on this stuff, seriously thinking about Pro4. And considering the way they try to control the market here that's saying a lot.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Funny, our LHS here got their shipment of TC4s already...and to think that we're in Asia.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1146792
Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by paulc
Funny, our LHS here got their shipment of TC4s already...and to think that we're in Asia.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1146792
DOH!!!

Whats up with that?? Man I wish the shops in the states could get them..this week "wink" "wink"
THanks for that nice shot BTW..

-Dave
Old 10-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

That isnt me. My guess is, by tom LHS shops in the mainland would have their stocks. Something like a global release?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Paulc: Avatar rules, bud!!!

Yes: To make putting in and taking out the diffs easier, dremel a slight angle on the chassis braces. This is more of a 'Racer Tip' than a fix....we made the chassis brace standoffs thick so they would be durable.

Battery slots: I'm not sure I understand your concern, Nightbreed. The cutouts are made for purpose, not lightweight. I know a couple 'other' manufacturers that lightened the heck outta there battery side of the chassis and they have some issues with the chassis breaking on that side during a hard side impact. I'm not saying that the slots are the reason, but it could be a partial cause.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default factory team kit...

I have a feeling they are holding back the release of the factory team kit until they really need to... Say maybe when Losi releases their new kit??? Umm, what if Losi decides to release a "G+" of their new car straight away...
Old 10-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dave: its not the first time that we have recieved stocks of newly released (US made) stuff here in Manila. That particular picture paulc posted was taken at one of our biggest local hobby shops who deals directly with AE, Trinity, Horizon, Novak, etc. So he does not have to go through a dealer, sub-dealer or any other middle party to get his stocks. So he is pretty much in the "first layer" of the distribution chain. He actually supplies to shops and dealers throughout the Philippines and some parts of Asia (ie. HK) and Australia. So for us locals, it means we get some of our gear early.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. An aussie bud says its the mascot for a radio station down under. Nice eh?

Originally posted by TPhalen
Paulc: Avatar rules, bud!!!

Yes: To make putting in and taking out the diffs easier, dremel a slight angle on the chassis braces. This is more of a 'Racer Tip' than a fix....we made the chassis brace standoffs thick so they would be durable.

Battery slots: I'm not sure I understand your concern, Nightbreed. The cutouts are made for purpose, not lightweight. I know a couple 'other' manufacturers that lightened the heck outta there battery side of the chassis and they have some issues with the chassis breaking on that side during a hard side impact. I'm not saying that the slots are the reason, but it could be a partial cause.

Last edited by paulc; 10-12-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, your avatar looks like a blind date I had once. She wasn't purple though
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ROBORAT
Dave: its not the first time that we have recieved stocks of newly released (US made) stuff here in Manila. That particular picture paulc posted was taken at one of our biggest local hobby shops who deals directly with AE, Trinity, Horizon, Novak, etc. So he does not have to go through a dealer, sub-dealer or any other middle party to get his stocks. So he is pretty much in the "first layer" of the distribution chain. He actually supplies to shops and dealers throughout the Philippines and some parts of Asia (ie. HK) and Australia. So for us locals, it means we get some of our gear early.

I see.. Thanks

-Dave
Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did your blind date spank ya like that too?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

LMAO !

Whats the release date on the TC4 in the UK ?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Did your blind date spank ya like that too?
I don't think I could have stopped her if she wanted to
Old 10-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default cell slots

[i]Originally posted by TPhalen

Nightbreed. The cutouts are made for purpose, not lightweight. [/B]
That's my point. Well, two points, weight and better cell cooling. Sorry TPhalen, I have to ride you on this one. I understand the cost of correction, so maybe in the future you guys could test it's durability and see if it will weaken the chassis. Then AE can mod it for a future revision. I'll buy one. It's these little details I like to see in a TC

Thanks
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: cell slots

Originally posted by Nightbreed
I understand the cost of correction, so maybe in the future you guys could test it's durability and see if it will weaken the chassis. Then AE can mod it for a future revision. I'll buy one.

Thanks
Looks like a little T.L.C. with a dremel or CNC machine would work just fine.. ...... now if I could only remember the name of that guy that did the Awesome CNC jobs on the TC3 chassis
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.