R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #4606
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Cheers guys, should hopefully just finnish the thing off.

Thanks
Crashmaster
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #4607
Tech Elite
 
bhambrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, AL.
Posts: 2,026
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

To the guys with a BMI TC4, Will the 3700 batterys fit in your car?
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Cooperhobbies.com - Hot Bodies D413 - OneLug Hobbies - Awesomatix - Thunder RC Raceway - SpeedKingz Racing "G SERIES"
bhambrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:56 PM   #4608
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note in here that we got some woven graphite center shaft for the TC4 in stock. These are made by Team Bomber Japan and distributed by Yokomo in the US. Extremely light weight and true.

Also, we'll be uploading the new 3 Racing hop-ups for the TC4 on our website very soon.

Thanks for reading

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:30 PM   #4609
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Steve...

can you get the Pal TC3/4 aluminum outdrives?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #4610
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Steve...

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
can you get the Pal TC3/4 aluminum outdrives?
RCKnight,

We sure can, however, they are a bit pricey:

PAL blue aluminum outdrives (with 1 pair of delrin machined blade) = $36.99

Spare delrin machined blades = $7.99 a pack of 2

We special ordered them in before for a local customers, but we are not sure if there are more people that want them. They are very good quality products (as always with Speedway PAL products).

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #4611
Tech Adept
 
S_fender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dijon, France
Posts: 167
Default

Personnally i want these outdrive ! My car 's too heavy
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #4612
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Behind the screen
Posts: 226
Default S_Fender

Hi!

how is the racing going? You race in the supersport class right? I was wondering how are your feelings about the car, didnt you have some issues with the cars stifness in le Havre on carpet?

How much suport do you get from A/E, if you get any?

Cheers!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #4613
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,019
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Steve...

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
RCKnight,

We sure can, however, they are a bit pricey:

PAL blue aluminum outdrives (with 1 pair of delrin machined blade) = $36.99

Spare delrin machined blades = $7.99 a pack of 2

We special ordered them in before for a local customers, but we are not sure if there are more people that want them. They are very good quality products (as always with Speedway PAL products).

Steve Wang
Steve..
Order some.. ... I`m sure there will be people that need them.since there is a few AE drivers that are running them now
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ ȻT4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽĶ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊ B64d
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #4614
Tech Adept
 
S_fender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dijon, France
Posts: 167
Default

Tbevofreak,

Yes I race in the supersport class= 12 turn limit, Rubber tires SOREX 32 + Green Inserts from GM, Xenon, Much More or Schumacher (Which seems to have the same compound).
It was very hard to let my tc3 but after a lot of works it begin to be really a very good car.

At the beginning i found that there was to much slop but after i shimmed it and it's good now.
I found that the aluminium Aluminum Arm Mount have less slop and the car is more predictable because it's more stifness but it wheight to much (1550g with GP 3700, full graphites parts, aluminium Arm Mount, lightened Steel Diff Outdrives with little modifications, TC3 center shaft, aluminium screws......)

I put a little carbon fiber top deck between the front and rear transmission case and now the only pieces that twist are the front arms and the steering blocks on fast corner.

In Le Havre everything was good but me. I'll will post my setup soon.

Photos from my car in Le havre :

I've no direct support from A/E but from Racing Model Distribution (The french A/E importer).
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #4615
Tech Master
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,095
Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by S_fender
Tbevofreak,

Yes I race in the supersport class= 12 turn limit, Rubber tires SOREX 32 + Green Inserts from GM, Xenon, Much More or Schumacher (Which seems to have the same compound).
It was very hard to let my tc3 but after a lot of works it begin to be really a very good car.

At the beginning i found that there was to much slop but after i shimmed it and it's good now.
I found that the aluminium Aluminum Arm Mount have less slop and the car is more predictable because it's more stifness but it wheight to much (1550g with GP 3700, full graphites parts, aluminium Arm Mount, lightened Steel Diff Outdrives with little modifications, TC3 center shaft, aluminium screws......)

I put a little carbon fiber top deck between the front and rear transmission case and now the only pieces that twist are the front arms and the steering blocks on fast corner.

In Le Havre everything was good but me. I'll will post my setup soon.

Photos from my car in Le havre :

I've no direct support from A/E but from Racing Model Distribution (The french A/E importer).
S_fender - Why do you run the short camber link location front and rear?
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #4616
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 168
Default

Hopefully none of these questions are redundant or stupid but Iíve went through about 50 pages of this thread and have spent several days browsing this site:

1) Will the TC3 tuning guide work with the TC4 also, is most of it the same for tuning?
2) If you run 4 degree caster blocks, 0 circle shims, and 2 triangle shims (thus Ė2 anti-dive) does your caster come out to 2 degrees?
3) Is the rear X degrees not noted on any of the setup sheets? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees are available but not noted to my knowledge. Whatís the difference from a 2 degree to the 3 degree?
4) On the setup sheets does 1 washer refers to the AE .031-.032 plastic washers or the aluminum .029-.030 washers? Or does .001-.002 make a difference?

Sorry for all the noob questions but Iím just getting ready to start running some on-road stuff. Iím switching from the nitro/electric off-road playing field to the indoor carpet world, so thereís a lot more detail to it!
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #4617
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Steve...

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Steve..
Order some.. ... I`m sure there will be people that need them.since there is a few AE drivers that are running them now
-Dave
Thanks for the advice and feed back guys, we'll start bringing those in on our next shipment from Pal

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #4618
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know when that PAL spool will be coming out?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #4619
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,019
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Anybody know when that PAL spool will be coming out?
It`s in the works right now
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ ȻT4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽĶ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊ B64d
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #4620
Tech Addict
 
D_Ames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 617
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to D_Ames
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitro-Boy
Hopefully none of these questions are redundant or stupid but Iíve went through about 50 pages of this thread and have spent several days browsing this site:

1) Will the TC3 tuning guide work with the TC4 also, is most of it the same for tuning?
2) If you run 4 degree caster blocks, 0 circle shims, and 2 triangle shims (thus Ė2 anti-dive) does your caster come out to 2 degrees?
3) Is the rear X degrees not noted on any of the setup sheets? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees are available but not noted to my knowledge. Whatís the difference from a 2 degree to the 3 degree?
4) On the setup sheets does 1 washer refers to the AE .031-.032 plastic washers or the aluminum .029-.030 washers? Or does .001-.002 make a difference?

Sorry for all the noob questions but Iím just getting ready to start running some on-road stuff. Iím switching from the nitro/electric off-road playing field to the indoor carpet world, so thereís a lot more detail to it!
Nitro Boy,

1. The basic Idea is the same with both cars but the TC4 has many more adjustments. The biggest difference is the roll center adjustments on the TC4.

2. Yes. Castor is measured at the wheel (the sum of the castor blocks and arm mounts)

3. The 2, 2.5 ,3 refers to the rear toe in only. Less rear toe in gives more corner speed but less traction. More toe in gives more traction but scrubs speed.

4. The aluminum washers. .001-.002 will not make any difference at all but the plastic might distort when you tighten the ball stud. Use the aluminum washers.

Hope this helps.


By the way, those are NOT stupid questions
D_Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ixlr8nz
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0