Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #4081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cyans up front, magenta in the rear.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #4082
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Hey Wicked what bumper is that on your car, I am bumper shopping right now, and just tryin to figure out what would be the best to go for, for the cheapest price.

Thanks for the foam info Jack Smash!

Doug
RDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:28 PM   #4083
Tech Addict

Default BMI chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
my tc4 chassis is 124.99.i just upgraded it to fit all of the new cells.i will be updating the website shortly.
Can i use the ducted fan system on you chassis?

B.T.W Darren Johnston races at our club and his BMI TC3 (his old car) used to fly around our track was pretty much the fastest car there! and looked very cool!
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #4084
Tech Addict

i use the nitro tc3 foam bumper from trinity
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 AM   #4085
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i did not go with premounts for the vented fan enclosure.i had much better results with fans at the side of the endbell.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #4086
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Jag88....

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
Did the AE team driver say if they were going to make those changes in the new running parts?

I raced with him last year, just before Cleveland, if I remember correctly, and he was working hard to get the car right and I don't think he was thinking that far ahead.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #4087
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
i did not go with premounts for the vented fan enclosure.i had much better results with fans at the side of the endbell.
thats one thing that put me off your chassis.....not being able to run the ducts atleast.

with my stocks the duct and fan is essential..with my mods the duct is a bear minimum.

when i was loooking into a new chassis i had my eye on yours until i realise it couldn't accept the duct...

i don't want to sound like i'm having a go at you but maybe you should of just cut a few holes and drilled a couple of holes to accept the duct/fan for those that want to run it..not jsut your opinion
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #4088
Tech Regular

monkey,

A friend has the BMI chassis on his TC4 I will ask him how hot the motors run, but I think due to the chassis not being a tub, there should be abit more airflow around the motor, helping keep things abit cooler.
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #4089
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85

edit*
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:40 PM   #4090
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i am sure i can do something for you to mount your fan
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #4091
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey wasup pro, how can i purchase the conv. ? just wondering know someone who bought one at the snowbirds but haven't seen it since
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #4092
Tech Adept

i own a tc4 and when i first put it together i was bitterly disapointed by the amount of slop in the wishbones on the inner pins and also the outer pins also the steering rack had much play in it too.
i decided to address the problems firstly by fitting a full carbon chassis kit which was just as bad so i made some shims at work and the wishbone slop is know gone!
i then went on to fit three racings alloy steering rack and square alloy steering posts surprisingly it is much lighter than the stock one and has removed the play in the steering rack honestly this is a great hop up part!
ive got the hopup bug and now ive fitted titanium hinge pins which have again reduced the weight and are much stronger than those soft ones that come with the kit.
after a hard front end crash i noticed that my main drive shaft had bent so i replaced that with the square one and its much lighter while i was fitting that i put on the square alloy blue input shaft and acer bearings and diff balls, titanium turn buckles. full titanium screws from fmax,ft blue battery strap and battery spacer,steel out drives, ft blue motor mount which has been machined down at the side to ruduce further weight from the car also, i then fitted a jet racing motor cam and jet servo and transponder mount front carbon fibre bumper set from square and tamiya trf blue shocks with titanium shock bushes just to put the icing on the cake
the car is now much lighter is far more easyer to set up and is very fast why did associated not iron out those faults with the slop and the steering rack before they released it. i have now spent a fortune on this car! but i enjoyed doing the mods and has given me a better understanding of the car.yet
i could of got an xray fk05 but what the hell its ownly money! and i dont mind that me girls just left me because all the money i spend on the car she,ll be back honest!!
gaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #4093
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by gaz8
i own a tc4 and when i first put it together i was bitterly disapointed by the amount of slop in the wishbones on the inner pins and also the outer pins also the steering rack had much play in it too.
i decided to address the problems firstly by fitting a full carbon chassis kit which was just as bad so i made some shims at work and the wishbone slop is know gone!
i then went on to fit three racings alloy steering rack and square alloy steering posts surprisingly it is much lighter than the stock one and has removed the play in the steering rack honestly this is a great hop up part!
ive got the hopup bug and now ive fitted titanium hinge pins which have again reduced the weight and are much stronger than those soft ones that come with the kit.
after a hard front end crash i noticed that my main drive shaft had bent so i replaced that with the square one and its much lighter while i was fitting that i put on the square alloy blue input shaft and acer bearings and diff balls, titanium turn buckles. full titanium screws from fmax,ft blue battery strap and battery spacer,steel out drives, ft blue motor mount which has been machined down at the side to ruduce further weight from the car also, i then fitted a jet racing motor cam and jet servo and transponder mount front carbon fibre bumper set from square and tamiya trf blue shocks with titanium shock bushes just to put the icing on the cake
the car is now much lighter is far more easyer to set up and is very fast why did associated not iron out those faults with the slop and the steering rack before they released it. i have now spent a fortune on this car! but i enjoyed doing the mods and has given me a better understanding of the car.yet
i could of got an xray fk05 but what the hell its ownly money! and i dont mind that me girls just left me because all the money i spend on the car she,ll be back honest!!

what are you talking about when you say wishbone slop and what kind of shims did u use to fix it.
also where did u get that steering rack???

thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #4094
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

Joe,

Try Rc-Mushroom.com. I think they should have 3 Racing hop-ups. Try ebay as well.
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #4095
Tech Regular

cool thanks