R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #4036
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my tc4 chassis is 124.99.i just upgraded it to fit all of the new cells.i will be updating the website shortly.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #4037
Tech Addict

look,im not here to argue.i am just seeing some things posted here that are really a good kick in the head.when i see someone post that they are sick of seeing people post that my chassis cures the cars problems,yeah it pisses me off.if some one likes the way my kit works for them,let them enjoy it.these are not my sponsored drivers,they are happy customers.if you dont like my products,dont buy them.dont snap at the happy customers.

thats all fine and dandy but after the 25th time of reading "get the bmi chassis" it gets to be a little annoying.WE GET IT ALREADY!! this is a thread for people to discuss the tc4 not a thread for people to hock their stuff....take it to the classifieds section.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #4038
Tech Lord

RC Knight,

the tc4 is so similar to the tc3.the only big change they made that hurt it was the steering rack.i like the verticle ball studs better but for the most part they played it safe.i really hoped they would lose that motor mount.i changed it on my tc3 because i hated it.when people saw the new tc4 mount they asked me to use it because they liked it.i didnt want to disappoint them.
J Concepts
Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #4039
Tech Lord

look man,i did not tell anyone to get anything.if someone asks whats a good part to get,and someone says a BMI chassis,let it be.i always see people posting new outdrives,pin cushions,and other chassis up here.that is advertising.i do all of my advertisement in my thread.
J Concepts
Old 04-18-2005, 06:30 PM   #4040
Tech Apprentice

Default bmi tc4

hey jason, i raced the bmi tc4 last weekend i got the car thursday night and had it on the track for the first time friday. after the first couple of hours of triing different setups i found one i liked. all weekend long i was about 3 to 4 tens off the sponcered drivers using 8 month old batteres that got charged at 8 amps. so i think the chassis works just fine. keep up the good work!!!!!
rcscoot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #4041
Tech Lord

thats great buddy,im glad its working for you.let me know if i can help you with anything.
J Concepts
Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 PM   #4042
Tech Apprentice

just let me know if u come up with anything else that mite work, i really want this car to work!!!!
rcscoot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #4043
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hello, i've been reading most of the posts here on this thread lately and i have to say ... i bought my tc4 a few months ago, bought some carbon parts and chassis and just plain tried every setup and i made the car work great on asphalt, i didn't buy any conversion kits or anything like that and again the works i turn fast laps with it and tq or win more often then i did with my old tc3, i guess my point is that if you were to try using every setting available to you then maybe the car will work right, it obviously did for me. also if anyone has any questions on settings i might be able to help. just ask! later
Old 04-18-2005, 08:52 PM   #4044
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sounds good Jason....

I say switch motor mounts, you can't gear up past a 41tooth.
I say go with the new motor mount and with stronger CF, I'll get one. Does it come in titanium?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #4045
Tech Lord

unfortunately no titanium buddy.the colored kits i may do but in 3mm.i will let you know what the final result is.
J Concepts
Old 04-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #4046
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jason do you plan to make more changes....

to your TC4 chassis or are you just trying different CF?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #4047
Tech Addict

the tc4 is so similar to the tc3.the only big change they made that hurt it was the steering rack

WTF???? This new steering rack hurt the car? ummm isnt this the same mod everyone was doing to their tc3's becaus it was so much better??!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #4048
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic31
hello, i've been reading most of the posts here on this thread lately and i have to say ... i bought my tc4 a few months ago, bought some carbon parts and chassis and just plain tried every setup and i made the car work great on asphalt, i didn't buy any conversion kits or anything like that and again the works i turn fast laps with it and tq or win more often then i did with my old tc3, i guess my point is that if you were to try using every setting available to you then maybe the car will work right, it obviously did for me. also if anyone has any questions on settings i might be able to help. just ask! later

now THAT'S what i'm talkin' about.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:39 AM   #4049
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic31
hello, i've been reading most of the posts here on this thread lately and i have to say ... i bought my tc4 a few months ago, bought some carbon parts and chassis and just plain tried every setup and I made the car work great on asphalt, i didn't buy any conversion kits or anything like that and again the works i turn fast laps with it and tq or win more often then i did with my old tc3, i guess my point is that if you were to try using every setting available to you then maybe the car will work right, it obviously did for me. also if anyone has any questions on settings i might be able to help. just ask! later
Like wise... I have had nothing but great results with my TC4... and I have had many of TC.. but by far I have found this one to be the easiest to work with as far as set ups and drving consistant on Asphalt ... As far as the car on Carpet I can`t comment... but Asphalt this car rocks!!!
just my 2 Yen
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #4050
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason, just to clear things up, i never bashed your chassis per se but i was just pointing out that a CF chassis is not a cure all - Solve all.
I just edited my first post to make it clearer.

So having the classic reply"get a XXX" is not "THE" Solution, and all those posts saying it is are misleading, redudant and incorrect.

Imagine the guy struggling with a stock TC4 with a dead wrong setup, he buys an aftermarket chassis, car works no better.. who is he gonna blame ? EVERYONE !!
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote