Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jiml
Remember when the TC3 first came out? Everybody got one, then sold it because it broke too easy (compared to an HPI), then brought another one because it really was a better car.

I ran my TC4 for the first time Friday night. I haven't been carpet racing in 2 months, and I hadn't been to this track in 5 months. I was able to qualify second and finish third in the A. In practice I broke 1 hub carrier.

The TC4 is a great car, but as usual Associated didn't put a big enough bumper on the front. Just like the TC3, it needs a bumper that covers the front wheels as well.
jiml - Get the associated NTC3 plastic bumper, the RPM plastic bumper, or the Rubberneck foam bumper. All of these give more protection to the front wheels.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Has anybody bought the Associated steel spool for the TC4? I've never seen the Associated part, but the number I found was 1703.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mike D
Heavy? Mine weighted 1386g with a 19T.
Mike,

Can you tell us how you acheive that weight?

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

the Team kit is 1375g outta the box with i think everything but a body

so add a body and its still pretty light
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro Models
Hehehehe!!!!

Maybe add another 100 quid to the original price yes then its quick
You, of all people should know how quick a TC4, straight out of the box, is.

Oh and just to remind you. you remember what your comment was when you drove Josh's TC3?

Let me remind you. Your exact words.

"You can't fault it. This car does everything brilliantly."

And the TC4 is even better......as you well know.

But I don't blame you for talking like you do. I think that if I was in your place I'd do the same.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MartynD
Heh most of those prices were even cash prices no tax. I have several local stores and tracks to shop at, and that's where I shop. I support the local guys as they are the ones keeping the hobby alive here. I have bought from the US and found by the time shipping, exchange and duties are applied I may as well have bought it local.

Internet shopping is all well and good, but it does nothing to support your hobby locally. If everyone here shopped on the net for their stuff we wouldn't have any tracks. I live near the largest population center in Canada, and up until a few weeks ago, we had one indoor track....
Most of the items you mentioned in your previous post are rubbish items you don't need. Just there to push your figures up and give people a false picture.

We run a TC4 - very successfully I may add, and we don't need half that rubbish to win.

TC3s have won the National championship 5 years in a row out here and they're well on their way to a 6th, now with a TC4.

TC3s have won the last 3 European Touring Car championships, despite daft efforts by some European manufacturers. Remember a 16 year old kid with a privately entered TC3 won it twice in a row, despite X Ray taking the place over for a month before the event.

Can't be that bad, can it.

I suggest you check the facts before blabbing.

The TC3 is the most successful touring car in the world.

Undisputed. Period!
Old 04-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Mike!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know I never get tired reading fan boys talking about there cars.

I would like to add to this discussion.

Well on Saturday we had a race so I got to take the tc4 out to compete so I thought I would just let everyone know what I think of it compared to my xxx-s.

First off the car handles great, it really does feel quiker and tighter then my xxx-s. I also feel like the car had better acceleration, I assume that was do to the shaft.

Now that I have said a few good things I can get to the bad things. The car is brittle!!!! I had the car out for like a total of 3 laps when a little bump on the wall (and I mean little, didn't even make a noise) made my cars front left corner fell on the carpet and only the rear tires were pushing the car down the track. I had broken the little part that I think is refered to as the outdrives. Its the part that the cvd sits into on the diff, I was pissed!! I have broken knuckles, and other little parts but never that. So after a few mins I replaced the diff and was off to the races again. My first race went well but on the second I started to feel my front steering go, so when the race ended I took a looky and sure enough the front diff was loose. 2 more times that day that happened to me and one of those was in the main.

I will keep working on this car and try to get it up to par. If it wasn't for all the parts that I have ordered I think I would have put it up forsale today on ebay. The xxx-s is just a better built car and not as cheap as the AE. The worse thing is that I have owned a AE car before and told myself that I would never own one again.

Hopefully after all my new parts come I will start to like this car more. For now I feel like I am driving something that just wants to break and let me down.

I still own both cars as well as a mi2. I hardly ever drive the mi2 due to the lack of parts. I don't really feel like spending 15 bucks everytime I break a knuckle.

Has anybody else had problems snapping outdrives?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

O and btw xxxkat being a college machinest student I love you sig.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:09 PM
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Ugrade to the Lightened Steel Diff Outdrives.

Here is a link

Doug
Old 04-17-2005, 02:17 PM
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Mike D
Has anybody bought the Associated steel spool for the TC4? I've never seen the Associated part, but the number I found was 1703.
Here ya go!

Solid Front Axle

Doug
Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I keep reading that everyone's TC4 is heavy. With a RPM NTC3 bumper, foam tires and a stock motor mine weighs 50.1 OZ

TC4_on_scale
Old 04-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

How'd you get your car so light?
With battery tape mod and 57mm foams my car weighed 1490 grams. Most of the club races around here we dont weigh and the belt cars weigh around 1340 grams.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

How is everyone's car so heavy? I did the battery/tape mod and dremeled two small sections of the center brace to move the battery in. Each section is about 1.5mm deep and 20mm long. I have the graphite kit, aluminum screw kit and titanium turnbuckles.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

this is crazy...your cars seem so light where as mine seems reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy heavy..i mean really heavy.

here is my setup

KO 2343
novak gtx
KR 302f
EA ROAR/monster
fan/duct kit
AE tc4 motor heatsink
alu clamp and cam
battery tape mod
using vtec 3700s
steel outdrives front+rear
rubber tyres

other than that it is stock and weighs in at just under 1600...with a stratus2 shell.

how the hell can i get the weight down? i am considering in the graphite kit (was really going to wait until FT though) and delrin outdrives will be making their way to my car in the near future.

just how the hell are you getting it anywhere close to 1500?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.