Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

anyone here that associated stoped making the TC4. WHY!!!!!!!!!!
the guy i get all my stuff said they quit making them. are they quiting so they can come out with the factory team version. its a knowlegable person i got this from to.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

I've got some lovely florida real estate to sell ya too!

Seriously.. I'm a knowledgeable real estate agent...
Old 03-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

i just checked the computer at the shop and Great Planes is showing the team TC4 in stock.so i think your guy may have had too much hippy lettuce.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RTP motorsports
anyone here that associated stoped making the TC4. WHY!!!!!!!!!!
the guy i get all my stuff said they quit making them. are they quiting so they can come out with the factory team version. its a knowlegable person i got this from to.
to be honest that sounds like absolute crap.....why would they stop making the team so they could make the FT?

look at the tc3, there is racer, team and FT...the racer was aimed at beginners getting into the racing scene....team was aimed at average club drivers and FT aimed at more experienced/better racers so Ae stpping making the tc3 team to make just the FT would be crazy..they would loose most of their market from selling racer/team and also loosing market by those that can't afford to splash out 300 notes all at once (those that may get a team and upgrade bit by bit to a FT)

i used tc3 as an example because there was all 3 versions available.....anyway, all the FT parts are available to buy in the shops so it isn't a case of just stop making the team...all they gotta do is replace placcy parts with graphite.

if you get what i mean because i dont
Old 03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

maybe it is possible that AE stopped with the TC4. I heard that they were going to come out with a double-deck TC from a knowledgeable person at my local track. Perhaps they felt that the TC4 was fundamentally flawed in its design due to its stiffness issues.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

never mind guys it was his distruber that stopped stocking them. sorry
Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by KDagh1
maybe it is possible that AE stopped with the TC4. I heard that they were going to come out with a double-deck TC from a knowledgeable person at my local track. Perhaps they felt that the TC4 was fundamentally flawed in its design due to its stiffness issues.

...LOL.....nice!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by KDagh1
Tell that to Barry Baker who this weekend at the 3 day California Carpet Champs, came in on Sunday, put down 1 qualifying run to secure the second qualifying spot behind Matt Francis, and put all kinds of pressure on Matt in the main but Matt never left an opening to get by. Barry ran the quickest lap of the weekend in the main at a 11.2 versus Matt's quickest of 11.4 and Matt had been at the track since Friday morning.

Matt was the only JRXS at the race, followed by the TC4's of Factory Drivers Barry Baker, Lex Tyler, Sean Cochran, and Bob Stellflue. Add some Shumacher in positions 6-9 and an independant Xray in 10th and that was the qualifying order. I was doubting my car and looking toward switching to a Double deck Belt drive car, but my car was great this weekend and I think the TC4 will be even more competitive when we get to asphalt.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

so is AE coming out with a double deck TC already. thats doesnt seem right after the TC4 just came out
Old 03-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Have any of you guys had problems with the teflon-sealed AE bearings? Seems that the seals are somewhat fragile and will stretch upon being removed. Ended up using some of the leftover rubber seals from my TC4 in my FT TC3, and they spin much smoother than with the teflon seals, most likely due to the metal ring in the rubber seal.

Any insight?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RTP motorsports
so is AE coming out with a double deck TC already. thats doesnt seem right after the TC4 just came out
I can almost guaranty you that you won't be seeing a Double-Deck chassis from AE anytime soon if ever
Old 03-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I heard Associated were bringing out their new hydro-drive transmission this year. It uses hydraulics around the outside of the chassis

Old 03-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I heard they are making a new diff, similar to a detroit locker. Is this true?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

what are you guys on about

what the heck is a detroit locker? ..hey im british so i don't know these things
Old 03-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

It's a different sort of limited-slip diff, the difference being that there is no gradual slipping that you have with a limited-slip diff that allows the inside wheel to turn slower than the outside.

With a detroit locker if you are on the power the diff is basically a spool.

If you have seen any sort of muscle car going very slowly (say 5km/hr) and turning tightly and the back of the car is shaking and jerking that usually means it has a locker type diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.