Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull

Dave what diff outdrives, bones and blades are those you show in the pic.

On a different tack I sent you a PM yesterday, on a different subject yesterday. Any luck finding out ?
THe Alloy diff in that picture is made by Speedway PAL... it will be out in about 2 weeks

as far as the other thing.. I"m looking in to it right now
-Dave
Old 03-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, I just finished building my TC4 awhile back. I've been doing the on road racing at kranzel's in PA. car works good love it. Anyway about a week ago I tried out the oval racing neat. I can go around the track without taking my finger off the trigger, one of the guys said I have to set the car up for oval. Right now it's a 27 turned RIP, 96 spur, 36 pin, I would appreciate if anybody has a set up to run oval on the carpet track with the TC4, like springs, toe in toe out, front and rear. Camber. And Castor, I kinda liked it I did pretty good going around the other guys were being me in the straight not on the turns a set the car was too tight I need to loosen it up. I would really appreciate any help here. Thank you
Old 03-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

OK. To answer some of the posts as best I can.

DAVE. I have the info. so no need to keep trying to locate it. Thanks for your efforts anyway.

MIKEDEADLY. TC4 set up is very simple indeed, but it doesn't mean it will work on your track. But here goes anyway.

FRONT AND REAR. Same shocks with same settings oil and springs. I am using Corally Assassin shocks with Yokomo 2 hole pistons and 40 oil. There are 2 types of Yoke 2 hole pistons. I am using the ones with the larger holes. The damping is similar to that with the kit AE shocks but the Corally shocks have bladders, and I am told are similar to the Tamiya ones. Basically if you use AE shocks with Yoke SD bladders you will have the same thing. I used Corally ones because I had a new set available.

Springs are AE green and oil is AE 40. I also use AE spring retainers.

All 4 shocks sit on outermost holes on towers and outermost holes on wishbones.

Top links as long as possible all round with no washers anywhere. Steering links longest - no ackerman washers.

Camber and Toe. 2 degrees negative camber all round. 2 degree rear blocks. Parallel front. With the TIR titanium ball joints I have used there is no bump steer whatsoever.

Wheelbase: 1 mm washers inside front and back and 2mm out - keeping it fairly short.

Roll centre spacers: 0.75 (3 notch) everywhere, with 4 degree caster blocks in front.

I don't really think there's anything else worth mentioning except that we use a lightweight Yokomo Type D Stratus bodyshell, and we keep the ride height to 5 front and 5.5 rear. This arrangement lowers the roll centre but also lowers the centre of gravity, so we get more grip and less roll.

Tyres: Take Off CS22 on AE Axis 24 wheels with Schumacher grey or black foam inserts.

Speedo: Novak GTX set at programme 3.
Servo: KO Propo digital PDS 2343.
Motors: Corally Pro Series Black 8 x 1.
Cells: Corally Pro Team GP 3300 Second and third generation, all around 1.19 v and 420 sec. In forward position.

You will notice that wherever possible I like to keep the same settings front and rear. I feel this keeps the car better balanced, and is alot easier on my failing memory.

RC KNIGHT. The motor clamp was part of a Fastrax unit. I didn't use the heatsink bit since I prefer the cool air from the fan to travel straight across the motor can.

In conclusion, this car surprised us, not so much by it's speed, but by the fact that it is already going so well, with so little testing and developement.

First race meeting is next weekend, and we will definately be using the TC4 in preference to the TC3.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

allright guys,i just got back into touring after a 2 year absence....racing offroad...got the tc4 left stock setup on it minus adding a one-way and front swaybar and the car was FREAKIN' dialed....it was only practice but this is THE BEST sedan i have driven!! bar none!!! kudos to Team Associated for knocking this one out of the ballpark....!!
Old 03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.

Thanks JohnBull, I know it may not work but it never hurts to get a handfull of set ups to try. Different perspectives on things never hurt.

More as a general question though-----has anyone tried a oneway or a spool on asphalt yet? Results?

Thanks---Mike
Old 03-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

Using Brent Thielke's setup for Socal, the only differences being a Nemesis body and black sway bars front and back, the car feels a lot more stable than my TC3, though the TC3 felt faster and not as "planted."

Last edited by SMcpot; 11-01-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

mikedeadly-yes,i have a one-way...i am using box setup with a oneway and front swaybar(smallest one in kit) and the car is niiiiiiiice!!!! first time i have ever run a oneway and it took about five laps to get used to but the car is dialed....tight outdoor asphalt track,was dusty when i ran it and was using cs-27's preglued.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MikeDeadly
Thanks JohnBull, I know it may not work but it never hurts to get a handfull of set ups to try. Different perspectives on things never hurt.

More as a general question though-----has anyone tried a oneway or a spool on asphalt yet? Results?

Thanks---Mike
The set up I gave you earlier is with a spool.

I forgot to mention droop figures. These are 5 front and 4 rear.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

SMcpot-just wondering but wouldn't your TC4 rotate through the corners a bit better without the swaybars? "asking for real,not trying to start trouble"...
Old 03-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

I had a great day at my track today. Ran Cyan/Magenta foams for the first time and the car was excellent.

Is there anyway that you could put carbon fiber towers on the TC4? I noticed that the Pro 4's towers are the exact fit. All I need is some kind of brace where it's bent up and attched to the top of the diff case. I know this is how it was used in the IRS Carbon Fiber Conversion for the TC3.

Anyone, know where I could find something like that (brace or towers)?
Or, should I just get the graphite AE one's?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

AE graphite ones will probs be best option...but a company made some CF towers and alu bracket things for the ntc3..maybe slightly differen't because of the pivotball...you would have to look into it.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raving-monkey
AE graphite ones will probs be best option...but a company made some CF towers and alu bracket things for the ntc3..maybe slightly differen't because of the pivotball...you would have to look into it.
Yup i'm really looking for that bracket. I know that IRS had them, but can't seem to find 'em. Know where I can find them?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

losi jon,

I don't have too much wheel-time behind the TC4 just yet (1 race) so the only thing I did was use Brent's setup off Associated's site Haven't really tweaked it at all.

Given how soft a spring is used compared to the TC3 on the same track, the sway bar, at least out back, should make the car rotate more easily (the bars help inhibit weight transfer, so it should break traction more easily).

Last edited by SMcpot; 11-01-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

does anyone know if the pro4 diff cases fit the TC4? If they do, I could things would be soo much eaiser. Alsom, does anyone know what Baker was using to mount the CF Towers on his TC4?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:07 PM

all baker did was glue and bolt on the carbon plate to the stock shock and yes he had to dremel the stock tower so its flat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.