R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #3316
Tech Regular

A guy at my local track, has the duct and fan kit, however when he runs the fans it causes glitching for him. He uses the JR 3ch synth radio. I haven't examined his installation, but so far it seems to have the guys at the track stumped as to why its doing it.

Think I will purchase the fans eventually, but will just start with the duct to be a little easier on the wallet... have a charger to buy...
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #3317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_TC4
I'm also considering the BMI top plate.

I was just wondering, how much will the top-plate stiffen the chassis ? Will there be a difference in stiffness when running the top-plate with the Carbon or Composite chassis? I guess I should wait for an answer when more people actually get it and test it.

Thanks,
I have it and tested it. I have bee running top decks for over a year on the AE cars. It stiffens the car up a bit. Front to rear flex is completely eliminated and corner to corner flex is reduced drastically.........

I believe BMI charges $29.99 for the deck and hardware.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #3318
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Cooling Duct & Fan

Can someone post some pics of the cooling duct & fan installed. I need to see where the electronics will fit.
svines1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #3319
Tech Master

The electronics sit on top of the duct system at an angle. It raises the esc and rcvr 1/4" or so. There may be a photo on the Assoc. site or tony phalen's site.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #3320
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

RBLove,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I'm going to get the BMI top deck. Especially that its only $30!

Thanks.
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #3321
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

Quote:
Originally posted by MartynD
A guy at my local track, has the duct and fan kit, however when he runs the fans it causes glitching for him. He uses the JR 3ch synth radio. I haven't examined his installation, but so far it seems to have the guys at the track stumped as to why its doing it.

Think I will purchase the fans eventually, but will just start with the duct to be a little easier on the wallet... have a charger to buy...
Does he have the graphite chassis? If the antenna lead from the reciever is touching the chassis the car will glitch. I cut a hole in my antenna tube about 1/2 inch up from the antenna mount and fed the antenna lead in there. The wire cant touch the chassis and my car does'nt glitch.

Go here for more pics http://ebiz.netopia.com/competitionx/tc4/view_all.nhtml

Last edited by Neil; 02-11-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #3322
Tech Regular

It doesn't glitch without the fans running...
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #3323
Tech Adept

i just bought my top chassis plate and it was only $34.99 with shipping in the us i know of a couple of people at my local track runnig it looks good and turns great porformance

if you want to order one just call: BMI (352)544-0463 they will be ready to ship on monday he told me

later

p.s. RBLove i just bought jason tc4 off him this sunday and if i need any help for setup was wondering if you can give a hand

thanks
travis
losixxxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:26 AM   #3324
Tech Rookie

Default HELP!

Hi there,

I'm having a few problems with my TC4 at the mo and was wondering if anyone can help me in the right direction. When i put the power on the car seems just to veer to the right, i am cure that there is something wrong with the diffs can anyone give me a little bit more info and a little help to diagnose which one and how to sort?

any help would be great
DavidT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:20 AM   #3325
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had this problem with my TC3 not with the new car yet. The first thing I was told to check was that I didnt have a small amount of unwanted toe on the front that would cause the car to drift. The next was that the motor clamp has to be tightened down a certain amount or these cars torqu-steer. The TC4 isnt as bad becuase the batteries are closer to the center, but it may still be affecting it. If it veers right that means the screw with the spring needs to be tightened and vice versa. Ive never heard of a diff making a car pull one way or the other. Could be a blown wheel bearing or if the diff is just blown and you stripped a diff nut. But thats the only way I could see it being in the diffs.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:04 AM   #3326
Tech Adept

well i know the tc3 alwasy had toruqe steer but some shaft cars that is how it is but you can check the toe or the diff might be blown or bearing mabye some thing is caught up o the left wheel and all the power is going to the right and pulling you

later
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM   #3327
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Lebatek
Default Re: HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidT
Hi there,

I'm having a few problems with my TC4 at the mo and was wondering if anyone can help me in the right direction. When i put the power on the car seems just to veer to the right, i am cure that there is something wrong with the diffs can anyone give me a little bit more info and a little help to diagnose which one and how to sort?

any help would be great
Here are a few things to check:

1. Check that the diffs are smooth, not notchy and not slipping.
2. Check that the length of each shock is identical (Use a caliper to measure how far the shock end is threaded on...)
3. Check that the droop is the same, side to side, for both front and rear. (Unlikely to be causing the problem when accelerating in a straight line, but could cause it in corners.)
4. Don't crank down on the motor clamp with gorilla-like force. Just enough to begin collapsing the spring is fine.
5. Make sure you have the same diameter of tires, side to side. (Some tracks wear the outside tires enough to affect steering.)
6. Make sure camber is the same and set so the tires are wearing flat.
7. Make sure car has equal toe and is trimmed correctly using the radio steering trim. It should track perfectly straight when no steering input is given. (I helped a guy with this last week -- he said his car was "pulling"...it was not trimmed correctly.)
And finally...
8. Put the car on a tweak device (like MIP Tweak Station) and make sure both ends of the car have no tweak.

Good luck!

Sponsored by: Team Associated, Reedy, Airtronics, LRP, and Mugen
Lebatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:38 AM   #3328
Tech Adept

yeah what he said
Old 02-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #3329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

anyone seen the shock towers on bakers car for snowbirds.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1383226

Wonder if these are for sale any where or just a custom job
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #3330
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis S
anyone seen the shock towers on bakers car for snowbirds.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1383226

Wonder if these are for sale any where or just a custom job
there the stock towers he just put a brace across it to mke it more strudy as he told me i saw the car all week at the birds he also tested a new drive shaft too as well like a 2 pcs shaft
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote