Originally posted by DavidT
I'm having a few problems with my TC4 at the mo and was wondering if anyone can help me in the right direction. When i put the power on the car seems just to veer to the right, i am cure that there is something wrong with the diffs can anyone give me a little bit more info and a little help to diagnose which one and how to sort?
any help would be great
Here are a few things to check:
1. Check that the diffs are smooth, not notchy and not slipping.
2. Check that the length of each shock is identical (Use a caliper to measure how far the shock end is threaded on...)
3. Check that the droop is the same, side to side, for both front and rear. (Unlikely to be causing the problem when accelerating in a straight line, but could cause it in corners.)
4. Don't crank down on the motor clamp with gorilla-like force. Just enough to begin collapsing the spring is fine.
5. Make sure you have the same diameter of tires, side to side. (Some tracks wear the outside tires enough to affect steering.)
6. Make sure camber is the same and set so the tires are wearing flat.
7. Make sure car has equal toe and is trimmed correctly using the radio steering trim. It should track perfectly straight when no steering input is given. (I helped a guy with this last week -- he said his car was "pulling"...it was not trimmed correctly.)
8. Put the car on a tweak device (like MIP Tweak Station) and make sure both ends of the car have no tweak.