Team Associated TC4

You're on Page 211 of 1024
Go to
  • Hi guys!!

I tried the car, not at the track but on a road close to my house, it was just to break in the drivetrain but still I was impressed by the wai it handled!
    If find the car very agressive, more than my evo3, its really awsome!

I ALREADY LOVE IT!

It didn't free up my drivetrain that much so I'll take the drivetrain apart and re-build it, I have to manage to make it spin at least 2-3 secs at least then I'll know the drivetrain is ok.

Can't wait to get it dialed in properly and hit the track!

The stock outdrives aren't boken yet, I geared my 12t long so it wouldn't be too "torquey" I

Utieh how is you car? Did you run it?

See ya!!
  • DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE SPUR GEAR ON BARRY'S CAR 100 TOOTH IS THAT 64 OR 48 PITCH.... IF ITS 48 DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO MAKES IT.
  • 64 Pitch
  • ive seen him useing a 48p 76t spur for onroad and a 100t 64p for carpet .
  • ANY WHERE TO FIND 100/64
  • TQ Hobbies or another LHS
  • try Superior Hobbies
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Tbevofreak
    Hi guys!!

I tried the car, not at the track but on a road close to my house, it was just to break in the drivetrain but still I was impressed by the wai it handled!
    If find the car very agressive, more than my evo3, its really awsome!

I ALREADY LOVE IT!

It didn't free up my drivetrain that much so I'll take the drivetrain apart and re-build it, I have to manage to make it spin at least 2-3 secs at least then I'll know the drivetrain is ok.

Can't wait to get it dialed in properly and hit the track!

The stock outdrives aren't boken yet, I geared my 12t long so it wouldn't be too "torquey" I

Utieh how is you car? Did you run it?

See ya!!
    I didn't even finish to build it...everything is done but lie you the drivetrain doesn't spin more than a second, had tried different shimming, removed the grease out of the bearingbut it's not really free, I found a way to mount a Mabuchi with some thick shims, I will break in the transmission tomorrow.
    Unfortunately I'm working the whole week end so I won't be able to try it this week, maybe next week end
  • Utieh...
    I think that too much emphassis is being placed on a free drive train... Just run the car and the parts will seat-in. Its brand new... how free do you think it should be?

JUST DRIVE IT!!!

E
  • I agree.

Get the car build and make sure there is not grating from the gearboxes (even if it doesn't spin) and then run it for a few races (6 or so). Then after that strip the car down and worry about shimming etc.. and you will find it very free.

Mine, and 3 or 4 other peoples that I know, have been done like that and have very free TC4's now.

Andy
  • Eric,

I'm just jealous of other's drivetrain
    but that's right the best way to break in the transmission is to drive the car on a track
  • I guess you guys are right about the free drivetrain, I'll do a couple of runs tomorow and see how it goes....

I'm just a little anxious about the noise coming out from the gear boxes eventhough its very little

Will the noise decrease also after a few runs?

thanks!
  • If the noise is sort of clickly or gritty then have a look to see whats doing it.

If its a sort of whirring then its probably the mesh, too little or too much stealth lube or just the fact its a shaft drive. This sort of noise normally dies down as the car settles.

Mine is pretty quiet now, I've run it for 2 months with regular re-builds and shimmed the various gears for a good mesh.

Andy
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Tbevofreak
    I guess you guys are right about the free drivetrain, I'll do a couple of runs tomorow and see how it goes....

I'm just a little anxious about the noise coming out from the gear boxes eventhough its very little

Will the noise decrease also after a few runs?

thanks!
    Sounds like the mesh is too tight. As mine was when built per kit. I only have one shim on the inside of the bearing on the long side of the diff. Try that and see.
  • Guys, do you need to buy the steel diff assembly when using the lightened steel outdrives?
    Or can you just use the stock assembly with it?

Thanks!!