R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #3091
Tech Adept

Hi everyone!!

Just received my kit!! I should start building it this evening

Hope the kit comes with the updated gears, is there a way to find out if the gears aren't too thick before running the car?

I've been thru some much trouble with my evo3 SL hope the TC4 won't put me off shaft driven cars!!

See you!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #3092
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've just received mine also, I'm waiting for some Square parts, will start building it tomorrow.
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #3093
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by utieh
Thank you very much !
Do you know where I can download the last version of Acrobat for Mac, I have problem downloading PDF files recently.
Thanks again.

Gilles
Mac download

There you go mate

Crash
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #3094
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi everyone!!

Hope the kit comes with the updated gears, is there a way to find out if the gears aren't too thick before running the car?

Since you just bought the kit, you should be alright. By now the updated gears should be in there since it has been a few months already.
TC4 Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #3095
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi everyone!!

I've been thru some much trouble with my evo3 SL hope the TC4 won't put me off shaft driven cars!!

See you!
If you measure the thickness of the gear where the diff balls set, and it is larger than the diff ball diameter, it is the old gear.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #3096
Tech Adept

Default No e-clips in bag A!!?

Hi,

I was going to start to build my shocks and realized there was NO e-clips in the bag A...is that normal?

Do I need to use some from another bag?

I think I'll build the shocks in the end and see if I find some e-clips in another bag

Can you guys tell me if this is OK??

Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #3097
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

theres like a bunch of eclips like taped together with white tape those are the ones you use. look and see
Old 02-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #3098
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Amendola

Previuosly Posted:

QUOTE]I just ran the stock setup posted about 7 pages back. I have to say I loved it when I had everything in working order..hahah. The longer camber links are nice, but the only thing I used was 6* caster blocks instead of 0*. But through some of the corners at high speeds, it seemd like the car would almost hop, and skip. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Check you ride height first. See if your chassis is touching the ground. That will cause the behavior you are talking about. Also, too little droop will cause it as well.

On you setup, be careful using the 6 degree c-hubs if you are using any dive at all (more shims in front than rear). As dive adds caster as well, so you could be running 7-10 degrees of caster instead of 6 as you thought. I use 0 caster and 3 degrees of dive in my setup previously posted.

While I'm not a Factory Driver, I do have alot of experience with the TCX platform. Good enough to be a ROAR A-main finalist at least. Feel free to ask me questions about setups on high-bite foam and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Last edited by Greg Amendola; 02-02-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Greg Amendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #3099
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks a lot Crash, actually I tried to downloas those versions this morning but none are working my system is really old, my friend will print it for me.

I've started building a few things, I found the right shims to reduce slop in the steering rack but there is still a lot on the rack itself (not the arms), should I Dremel the axle?

Is it normal that the Yokomo one way doesn't work on the TC4, I had been told that it was the same on the TC3...I've just made an order today but before realising it doesn't fit (it's too large)
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #3100
Tech Adept

I checked several times, no sign of eclips...

The only white tape I have is double sided tape but no eclips, maybe I'll find some left over at the end of my building...I hope

Anyone had this problem before?

See ya!!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #3101
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hi everyone!!

See you!
If you don't have a caliper (like me!), put the balls in the gear, and put a D-ring on each side. Hold the rings with your thumbs and forefingers. Now, put pressure on the ring on one side, and you should feel the opposite ring move just slightly. Thus you know that the balls are sticking out enough from the gear. Seemed to work for me.
paulct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #3102
Tech Adept

I'm prety sure the eclips are missing!!!

Do you think I can use the tamiye shocks from my evo3 cos i'll have to wait to get those eclips from asso or my lhs....

I still a lot of building to do but up till now I find the kit ok, the quality of the plastic part are ok and its fairly easy to build

see you later!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #3103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

use the trf tamiya shocks i think those are the ones that the evo3 came with (really dont know that much of tamiya) but heard the tamiya shocks are way better than the AE ones.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #3104
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew

the tamiya ones are killer, but the associated ones work fine too. the best thing you can do to your associated shocks is get the yokomo bladder caps! then they are in my oppinion just as good as the tamiya shocks.
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #3105
Tech Regular

Got a part number for those caps? Approx. cost?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote