R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #2701
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

I'll be installing a Niftech Ti shaft in my Stock car soon....along with some Ceramics...

I'm going to use the IRS outdrives for that one...it's really too bad I can't trust the plastic ones..they're nicenad light but just soooo brittle
Old 01-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #2702
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by runnin rc10
I found out today how much I hate associated shocks...i cant get one to build right for anything...either too much oil, not enough oil, or too much air...curse them, curse them!!!
i use tamiya bladders with my AE shocks. they make your shocks very consistent and they are very easy to rebuild.
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:23 AM   #2703
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

wow..i did not know tamiya bladders fit ?
You are positive tamiya bladders fit blue ae shocks ????
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #2704
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bump...TC4 should always been on top
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #2705
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Patriiick
wow..i did not know tamiya bladders fit ?
You are positive tamiya bladders fit blue ae shocks ????
I am 100% sure because I have been using them for eversince I got my TC4. I haven't had any probelms with it. Rebuilding my shocks has always been easy with them
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:04 PM   #2706
Tech Apprentice

I've been fighting a power-on push problem that I've managed to get better, but not as as much as I'd like. I started with the Std kit setup for the first day just to get used to the car. This was on slightly bumpy asphalt with low to medium grip. The car would push badly on power and was loose off power on turn in. The next race day, I installed the 2 deg rear toe blocks, and added the sway bars - starting with the small bars front and rear - now the car tended to push all of the time. I disconnected the front bar - a little better. I went to red rear springs now it was loose on turn in again. Went to Gold rear springs - now pretty evenly balanced, but still not as much on power steering as I want. I also removed a #1 shim (.025 I think) from the rear toe block to put a little more anti-squat in - didn't notice much of a difference.

Anybody had similar issues, and what did you do that worked?

I'm running 19t with rubber tires - currently Sorex 28's with HPI red inserts
Corner Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:26 PM   #2707
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Take out some droop in the front. That should fix it without affecting off power steering. It might give you a little more steering in the middle of the corner as the car comes up to the bump stops but on a low bite track that is unlikely.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:54 PM   #2708
Tech Addict

I had the same problem with the kit setup, not quite enough turn in and an on power push.

I run on medium grip asphalt with some minor bumps.
I changed to 2deg rear toe with the fat shim removed from rear toe block to give antisquat and 2 tabs removed from each of the front end blocks to lower the roll centre a bit and changed to gold springs all round from blue's since I didn't have any roll bars.

This gave me enough steering on entry and mid corner but still not enough on-power steering.

I tightened up the front diff (first time for me adjusting a diff) about a 1/4 turn and that gave me heaps of on power steering.

It slightly deadened my off power turn-in but that only effected me on one corner so it was quicker overall
Old 01-17-2005, 01:36 AM   #2709
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Steering rack fixed...

I put one black shim (the ones used to shim the input shafts) under each stock shim under the screws. They fit perfect over the bushing and it tightens it up. Not sure why, but it did fix the lateral slop. I also replaced the stock servo link with a titanium tie rod. I replaced the plastic ball cup with a 4-40 Durbro ball link on the rack end, ground alittle off the bottom end and now there is no real noticeable slop. Worked great!

I also took some time and used Team Losi driver, Matt F., tip on the ball cups. I used a drill bit the same size as my hex driver and I drilled a hole from the inside out. What a time saver! Works great with the RMP ball cups. I swear it makes them just right. Not too tight and not too loose. For the racer, taking the time to do these little things is worth it.

Does the aluminum TC3 shaft bend easy in stock racing? I'm thinking of going to the ligher shaft and input cups. I would like a graphite Maniax shaft, but they are not sold in the US. Anyone like the Niftech Ti shaft and aluminum cups? Is it better/stronger that the AE aluminum one.

I changed my car up some, so I'm going to give it a try today. I hate wrenching and tring to figure out a setup on race day. Going to do some practice.

Last edited by RCknight; 01-17-2005 at 01:44 AM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #2710
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RC,

Are you going to the Hutch race this weekend?

I know there will be 2 tc4's there from KC. We have ours pretty dialed...

Mike
Old 01-17-2005, 08:42 AM   #2711
Tech Regular

Default IRS PIN CUSHIONS

I put these on my TC4, and I can't stop them from coming back out. Either the whole thing comes out, or just the metal pin. Anybody got a solution? Super Glue?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #2712
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
I put these on my TC4, and I can't stop them from coming back out. Either the whole thing comes out, or just the metal pin. Anybody got a solution? Super Glue?
Yeah this does happen. I put one drop of super glue on each end of the pin cushions and it seems to have solved the problem. Also they are not so hard to get off when they need replacing.
Ryper Hobbies www.ryperhobbies.com.au
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #2713
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

orrite guys...i will be giving my TC4 its first run (well first on foams) this weekend.

just wondering if anyone had a starting setup for mod (12t) for foams on med grip carpet (we can run additive)

would 40lb springs (whites) be waaay to hard for 32/35 shore foams (i know they sound reeeeealy soft but trust me, its what well all tend to run over here)...i dont have any yellows so if whites are to hard would it be worth running coppers? (only got 1 pair though, and odnt have any reds)
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #2714
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
orrite guys...i will be giving my TC4 its first run (well first on foams) this weekend.

just wondering if anyone had a starting setup for mod (12t) for foams on med grip carpet (we can run additive)

would 40lb springs (whites) be waaay to hard for 32/35 shore foams (i know they sound reeeeealy soft but trust me, its what well all tend to run over here)...i dont have any yellows so if whites are to hard would it be worth running coppers? (only got 1 pair though, and odnt have any reds)
Steve Rossi has a setup posted on Team Associated's website that may fit your needs. I use his setup and like it alot.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #2715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

does anybody know where i can buy or which company sells a solid front axle ?