Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 01-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Paul_TC4
Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting the Carbon conversion for the TC4..... or at least the chassis. I know many people say that the Carbon conversion makes a HUGE difference, but has anyone noticed a difference in their lap times??

Thanks,
Paul

I haven't gone for a full conversion kit as I'm getting the BMI chassis asap, however I put on carbon wishbones on Tuesday and the difference was slight but noticable.

The wishbones are actually the most important part to replace when it comes to graphite parts as they are the bits which are under the most force most of the time and are the bits which flex the most. Although a plastic chassis does have some flex I am reliably informed som of the "lazy" feeling you sometimes get is caused by flex in the arms.

After replacing the arms the car seemed to feel like more of a single unit, with the plastic parts you could notice the back end trying to catch up with the front as the parts bent. I need to get the car back on a big track to test a week on sunday but I'm expecting to improve with this new setup.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Hi andy....i know you only do the CML site but never mind.

All i want to say is a big thanks to CML for the good customer service.....they offered to send a replacement part (motor clamp) free of charge because it broke before i even used the car...they sent out the wrong part so i emailed them saying i will return it blah blah and they said don't bother returning it and next thing i know i have the correct part coming through my letter box

I've never had that from mirage, helger or centre-point so thumbs up CML

Again andy, i know you only do the site but....do you know if CML have been distributing the new tc4 wishbones yet? or are the old ones still flying around?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really liked the BMI TC3 chassis and it seemed to work well. My only thing with aftermarket chassis, people seem to still win regardless. But I am starting to think that with AE not having a plate chassis and it being so much heavier than other cars I think the BMI CF may be the way to go. I just hope the stiffness of the graphite kit im getting will help reduce my scrubbing in the corner. I want to try a BMI topplate to fit the tub chassis though first.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by raving-monkey
Hi andy....i know you only do the CML site but never mind.

All i want to say is a big thanks to CML for the good customer service.....they offered to send a replacement part (motor clamp) free of charge because it broke before i even used the car...they sent out the wrong part so i emailed them saying i will return it blah blah and they said don't bother returning it and next thing i know i have the correct part coming through my letter box

I've never had that from mirage, helger or centre-point so thumbs up CML

Again andy, i know you only do the site but....do you know if CML have been distributing the new tc4 wishbones yet? or are the old ones still flying around?
Glad your happy mate I've passed you compliments onto the office.

I picked up a set of Graphite arms for mine on Monday from the office and as far as I can tell they are the improved mouldings. They certainly don't have any excess play on them so I would assume yes.

Obviously your model shop may have some of the old type left over that they are trying to shift but the improved ones are about.

Obviously don't hold me to this, I'm known to be wrong now and again
Old 01-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Thanks andy

I'm running down at the BIWS this sunday (first time there with the TC4) so ill have a word with the guy at the shop down there..see if he has any graphite wishbones in.

ordered some steel outdrives (lightened of course ) from HK start of the week, aparently they have arrived at their desitnation (but they haven't ) so i hope they come tomorrow...Andy, you had any problems with the fat gears? i melted 3 diffs

Again, i know you only do the site but do you know if CML are replacing gears and outdrives like AE? Just i was talking to the owner of my LHS and he asked me to find out (as i asked him if he was replacing them like AE) if you get what i mean.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Nope, not had any diff problems, I'm still running the gears that came with my kit.

Not sure on the replacement parts, try giving the office a ring and they should be able to give you a definite answer. (Phone number on the website)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

ok, so the courier was late and the parts did arrive.

included in themparts were a set of polished hinge pins..after fitting these it seemed to increase the slop a bit in the wishbones, hub carriers and chubs

is this normal for the polished hinge pins? however it is one hell of a lot smoother and less binding...and they fit better into the wishbones (not as rough as teh black ones)

on the good side of things...in the order was also steel outdrives and i got my diffs built up with them and they are tonnes better, might weigh a bit more but i can run my diffs looser without the diffs slipping to much

also picked up 4 deg chubs so might give them a whirl this sunday...i hope it all goes as planned
Old 01-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

I read somewhere on here that someone had bought a set of low friction hinge pins? Anyone got any idea, the stock ones almost seem sticky, I polish them but they still start to bind a little bit after a few heats.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Any of you guys find a fix for the steering

Originally posted by RCknight
rack? The part with the bushings? Someone once said use motor shims, but I can't see how that would work. Has anyone justed glued the bushing on to the rack? That seems to be were there is play.
I sanded the posts (that go inside the bearings) on the end without the flange - this allows the screws to go down further and allows it to get tighter. If you do it carefully, a little at a time until it is right, you can get it so just about all of the slop is gone when the screws are tightened. If you sand too far, it is going to bind up. Once I did all 4, the difference was huge. Much better now. It takes less than a half hour to do the whole job and get it really nice.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by runnin rc10
I read somewhere on here that someone had bought a set of low friction hinge pins? Anyone got any idea, the stock ones almost seem sticky, I polish them but they still start to bind a little bit after a few heats.
you sure they didnt mean the polished set?

i think the whole set is about 10 dollars, and they are silky smooth

although i did notice an increase in slop when i fitted them on my tc4
Old 01-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I did the same thing. Sanded using figure 8's to make sure it was even and kept using my calipers to make sure I didnt take off to much. Now the only slop in my steering is in the link to the servo.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Cant beat 10 bux! And no more binding! This car is going to be better by the moment. I still have some things I cant wait to try
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I should be getting my tc4 tommorrow or Saturday, anyone have any building tips or anything I need to watch out for? I'll be racing on carpet so anyone have a good starting setup. What spare should I get with it? Thanks
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by runnin rc10
Its been previously posted that the savings from plastic to carbon on this car is pretty significant. The TC4 is really heavy. Kinda surpising really, but thats why the AE guys are doing stuff like cutting off the batter poles to get rid of the strap-weight reduction. Some of the newer plate CF chassis are just sooo light ie. xray.
And so what if the chassis is lighter on the XRay?

ROAR and IFMAR STILL require minimum weights. The TC4 is not "so heavy."

I swear...give me a break. Sometimes you people just pull stuff straight out of your a$$e$.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ithought Iheard that the minimum weights are dropping for ROAR and IFMAR?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.