Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dasupacat
Sorry to rain on your parade guys. but for those of you who have preordered your TC4 you might want to think that over....
The drive train is made to accomodate the central cells and motor. Excellent. But to do that you screw up the suspension parts. Look at those short suspension arms and drive shafts. They will produce the same problems the Pro 3 did.

It's always a question of compromise. We will have to see whether they have gained more in speed than they have lost in handling.

Now if we could have a car with central cells and motors and long wishbones and drive shafts, and low C of G, and tons of speed, and light as a feather, and ...............DREAM ON.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: oooppps

Originally posted by ghoppa
Steve,

my bad, it me Randy from Vegas.
Yes Randy, I got you down for two

Also, if the TC4 drivetrain is the same as TC3, then the square and team bomber stuff we just got in should work on the TC4 then

Steve Wang
Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: oooppps

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Yes Randy, I got you down for two

Also, if the TC4 drivetrain is the same as TC3, then the square and team bomber stuff we just got in should work on the TC4 then

Steve Wang
Yes the Bomber shaft will work...but you`ll have to use the TC-3 drive cup and the Square stuff will work...some little birdy in Japan told me so
-Dave

BTW Steve.... any release date yet.??Real Date that is
Old 09-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by johnbull
The drive train is made to accomodate the central cells and motor. Excellent. But to do that you screw up the suspension parts. Look at those short suspension arms and drive shafts. They will produce the same problems the Pro 3 did.

It's always a question of compromise. We will have to see whether they have gained more in speed than they have lost in handling.

Now if we could have a car with central cells and motors and long wishbones and drive shafts, and low C of G, and tons of speed, and light as a feather, and ...............DREAM ON.
Why do you need long suspension arms for....? We don't run cars off-road. You only need a few mm's of travel. Losi could've made the arms longer if they wanted too. The HPI had long arms not short ones, problem with that car was the flexi chassis. Real life sedan race cars have short wishbone arms.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Titanium ballstuds?

Did anyone find these useful on their TC3? I wanted to possibly get a set for the TC4 (when I get my kit) but didnt know if they are a benefit or not? Also, I was looking into the ones with the hex heads. The only company that I saw that made them was Losi, however, their sizes are different. Anyone know where to get 0.200 and 0.300 sizes or are the Losi ones as good as its gonna get? If Losi works, what sizes would be needed? Any help would be appreciated.

Chirag
Old 09-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The HPI car had super-long arms, that went way up under the diffs - then super-short drive shafts. The handling issues were due to the excessive pin to outdrive scrub during suspension movement.

Just like on the TC3/4 - the arm length, bone length, and upper link length are complementary.

Plus the Pro3 chassis was made from a coke bottle.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Lunsford makes titanium ballstuds, and Lunsford products are top notch.

Josh
Old 09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Titanium ballstuds?

Originally posted by cpatel529
Did anyone find these useful on their TC3? I wanted to possibly get a set for the TC4 (when I get my kit) but didnt know if they are a benefit or not? Also, I was looking into the ones with the hex heads. The only company that I saw that made them was Losi, however, their sizes are different. Anyone know where to get 0.200 and 0.300 sizes or are the Losi ones as good as its gonna get? If Losi works, what sizes would be needed? Any help would be appreciated.

Chirag
Associated has new ballstuds that have a 5/64 hex head instead of the 3/16 nut driver head. These ballstuds are included in the TC4 kits.

In the future AE will have longer ones (.400 I believe) to make large roll center adjustments.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I don't get it on their website Associated states that the TC4 team kit will come with steel turnbuckles and rubber sealed bearings...
Why?? The TC3 team kit I had titanium and rubber/shield bearings.
They will include Yokomo dish rims with some cheapo treads but no slicks?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dasupacat
I don't get it on their website Associated states that the TC4 team kit will come with steel turnbuckles and rubber sealed bearings...
Why?? The TC3 team kit I had titanium and rubber/shield bearings.
They will include Yokomo dish rims with some cheapo treads but no slicks?
Why do both American companies always sell their newly designed kits with plastic parts and steel turnbuckles? Kits from overseas are Graphite plate, titanium, and aluminum.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

The Pro 3 was a shed out of the box.

unless $100s dollars were spent on the thing to get it running "right"

The losi should be a good runner out of box. i think HPI learnt that cost cutting does not work with the Pro 3, big improvement with Pro4. but back to the TC4, i like the way the air system works, pulling air from under the car toward the motor and pulling air up the little "ramp" into the fans. but, will it work?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

It's all about the benjamins...
Old 09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

I think the lil' ramp thing is a gimmick. Why would you need to pull air into the fans? Nothing is enclosed on the car. Everything is open. You only need the 2 fans.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
It's all about the benjamins...
Isn"t that the Truth
-Dave
Old 09-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

a gimmick, could be. but i think they are trying to get the effect of "Ram air" directing air into a smaller space therefore more pressure etc.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.