R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #2116
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI there is atleast 1 AE driver in FL. Jason Ruona....

All this complaining about arms sounds like a certain Losi offroad car they produced not so very long ago. The PileX-4 had garbage towers and arms when it first came out. In fact they revised everything if I remember corrctly. I had one of the first kits and bought way too many sets of arms and towers. I finally got sick of it and sold the car. I took over a year before they got new arms and towers out if I remember quickly. Not 1 Losi driver gave me any free arms. Not that I care but lets not expect AE to hand everyone free stuff. Atleast AE was on the ball and got it taken care of right away. What 2 weeks is what we are told for the new mold and arms being produced. Sounds to me like thats better than a year...

You gotta pay if you wanna play... Hell you get charged a quarter at some gas stations to put air in your damn tires....
Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 AM   #2117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Yea but thats not the thing if you buy something and spent that kind of amount that the tc4 cost you would want it to be good not with defects or anything. Im just saying why dont they just give the people who got the first bash of kits the improved arms for free!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #2118
Tech Regular

The XXX-4 cost way more than my TC4 did when I first got it. I paid $209 for the TC4 and my XXX4 was right at $300. The BK as still at $235 and the MF was right at $270 when the XXX4 came out.

Also didnt you sell your first kit and just pick up a second one?

Have you guys noticed the AE factory reps not participating in this thread anymore? Anyone think there is a reason why? I do... but hey each is entitled to their own opinion and I dont blame them for not coming back as often as they once did...

All I can say is atleast they are aware of the problem and are doing everything within their own power to fix the problem. Fixing a problem doesnt include handing out hundreds of sets of arms..

FYI The guys handing out the free stuff are handing out their own stuff. I am prett sure AE didnt send all the drivers parts to hand out. So thank the drivers personally because they dont have to do what they are doing....they did it out of their own budget/pocket
Old 12-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #2119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I have no problem buying new arms. I've got 3 sets of the old ones now. What I am frustrated with is that there is NO WAY to tell the old arms from the new ones except to open the package and measure the holes. Give me a break! If you're going to go through all the trouble to change a mold then why not mark the package differently too!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #2120
Tech Regular

I honestly dont know why they didnt change the packaging. They are pretty good about it usually. They labeled some of the changes for the offroad stuff so I would assume they would do the same for the onroad.

Maybe they didnt have that many in circulation and thats why they didnt change them? Its a good question but I doubt it will ever be answered....

I need to look at my spare arms as I dont know if mine have the enlarged holes...if so I am in the same boat as the rest... oh well...

I just hope it takes me awhile to go through 2 sets of front arms...

I havent broke anything yet...
Old 12-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #2121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys... it's entirely possible that the new arms *will* be marked differently by the time they hit the shelves.

AE could have put 'em in the old bags... and as long as the racers were told "here are the new arms" then they wouldn't care.

Since it sounds like no one has encountered a new arm bought in a hobby shop... we just don't know yet.

ultra.... Kyle told me that he was sent those parts with the request that he hand them out to racers... I don't think the arms he gave me were coming out of his personal supply.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #2122
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
Guys... it's entirely possible that the new arms *will* be marked differently by the time they hit the shelves.

AE could have put 'em in the old bags... and as long as the racers were told "here are the new arms" then they wouldn't care.

Since it sounds like no one has encountered a new arm bought in a hobby shop... we just don't know yet.

ultra.... Kyle told me that he was sent those parts with the request that he hand them out to racers... I don't think the arms he gave me were coming out of his personal supply.
not to mention that there was a letter (for the team drivers explainging things) with those parts as well.

rap66@rcracing.com

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #2123
Tech Adept

This is what I have noticed between the old and new arms. See attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldnewarm.jpg (9.1 KB, 296 views)
Old 12-21-2004, 02:31 PM   #2124
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I have no problem buying new arms. I've got 3 sets of the old ones now. What I am frustrated with is that there is NO WAY to tell the old arms from the new ones except to open the package and measure the holes. Give me a break! If you're going to go through all the trouble to change a mold then why not mark the package differently too!
Good point-but I think BigKats pic makes it easy to see the difference. Thanks Kat!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:36 PM   #2125
Tech Adept

Here is another one, sorry my camera is so out dated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldnew2.jpg (4.4 KB, 269 views)
Old 12-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #2126
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

look slightly thicker between shock mount and hinge pin area to.

also looks a bit beefier around the hing pin area.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #2127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Quote:
Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
Oh man i wish i had a AE sponserd driver living in Florida!
Hey, did you know that there is racing going on outside of your home track?

AE driver's in Florida -

Jason Ruona
JR Mitch
Ryan Eckert
Brandon Hershey
Brad Relfs
Leon McIntosh
Josh Harris
Chadd Knapp
Old 12-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #2128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I don't need a bunch of free stuff to make me...

happy, but what I do exspect is honesty. I hate to have to spell this out. I have been lied to over and over. Now if it was just some miss information thats one thing, but I keep getting the same answers and denials. I speak in truth and I exspect the same. I'll never buy another product.

I'm in your boat Dr_hfuhuhurr, I would be getting a Pro 4 right now, if I did't have so much invested. I'll have to wait a little longer, but rest assured there will be one coming. I have learned a few lessons, never buy a car when it first comes out and if your lied to, don't wait hoping all will get better. We don't need people like that here anyway, and I'm sure some don't want to hear I told you so. I'm sure there are some good people there and I would be happy to talk with them.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #2129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default TC4 Problems

Ok, yes there is problems with this car. Yes there was problems with the TC3 when it came out and with the NTC3(remember the gas tank, AE said "No problem, just updating the tank)hmm! The Pro4 also had problems but at least HPI said yes there is a problem.

But lets face it AE is fixing the problem. The car is good, really good. It will just take some time for everyone to find what works best for them. I know everyone is unhappy and I don't blame anyone. But lets get back to talking about the car and not flaming AE anymore. Then maybe TPhalen, Baker and Blackstock might come share some info with us good, bad or indifferent.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:50 PM   #2130
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Big KAT
This is what I have noticed between the old and new arms. See attached picture.
Great news.!!!!!!!! Good Job AE ... now I just have to wait to get my hands on some over here in Japan ....
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote