R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 AM   #1606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We have all the TC4 spares and hop-ups we received up on the website, including graphite components, factory team parts, teflon shocks and more. Click here to go directly to the TC4 pages

Thanks

Steve Wang
Old 11-17-2004, 05:21 AM   #1607
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to RoNTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to RoNTC3
Default Turnbuckles

The kit lists turnbuckle sizes as 1.00" and 1.25" but the FT options list them as 1.30 and 1.125. Why the change and does it matter?
Old 11-17-2004, 05:37 AM   #1608
Tech Adept

I think it is because a "TC4" turnbuckles package isn't yet out but AE make some FT Turnbuckles in those sizes.

They will fit fine and actually be stronger as there will be more of the thread inside the ball cup.

Andy
Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:54 AM   #1609
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Can anyone explain to me the logic of packaging the steering blocks with a rear hub carrier? I can never remember breaking both of these at the same time. It burns me to have to purchase these together and overpay for the one part I broke, and now they only come one per package. Everyone I know always ends up with bundles of hub carriers when all they need are the steering blocks.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #1610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Melton
Can anyone explain to me the logic of packaging the steering blocks with a rear hub carrier? I can never remember breaking both of these at the same time. It burns me to have to purchase these together and overpay for the one part I broke, and now they only come one per package. Everyone I know always ends up with bundles of hub carriers when all they need are the steering blocks.
I also feel that they should be packaged seperatly, but about the only one per package. It is likely an error. My lhs got them in liek that and i had them check with ae, there was a batch that was send out wrong or something like that, you could probably email ae. If it is that way, then sorry im wrong.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #1611
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree... the steering blocks and rear hub carriers should be sold seperately... and the 2.0 and 2.5 X blocks should be available in plastic.

I've already broken two rear hub carriers, which means i've spent 2 x $8 to replace them... which is way too much.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #1612
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Javen13 Send a message via Yahoo to Javen13

for the rear carriers i just use the graphite losi ones there 7.50 at my lhs and i never break them
Javen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #1613
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TPhalen - can I get the TC4 setup that baker used at the race at SRS this past weekend? I am moving to PHX soon and would like a good setup to refer to with the new car.

Thank You
Old 11-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #1614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default YES....

I 2nd Brandon Melton, Rcracinglid, and Torsion. It's BS and I have 15 parts I don't need from the TC3.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:37 AM   #1615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally posted by Torsion
I agree... the steering blocks and rear hub carriers should be sold seperately... and the 2.0 and 2.5 X blocks should be available in plastic.

I've already broken two rear hub carriers, which means i've spent 2 x $8 to replace them... which is way too much.
Trade ya my extra rear hub carriers for your steering blocks that came with them , LOL
Old 11-17-2004, 01:02 PM   #1616
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to RoNTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to RoNTC3

Quote:
Originally posted by Javen13
for the rear carriers i just use the graphite losi ones there 7.50 at my lhs and i never break them

Javen, Do you have the Losi part number?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #1617
Tech Master

its part number LOSA9847
Old 11-17-2004, 01:43 PM   #1618
Tech Master

yeah i know it really is crap that to get a $2.50 part you have to spend $10 on parts you dont need xrays good like that (selling parts indivudually) but not many shops have them but tamiays the worst you have to buy huge trees of parts
Old 11-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #1619
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have done a pretty cool/interesting spreadsheet of weights of all the carbon v's plastic v's alloy parts, if your interested email me at coxycrc@yahoo.com .

I also agree the toe blocks should be made in plastic, the alloy ones and so heavy to the plastic ones.

I have been using Losi castor blocks in the front mainly to get rid of the slop from the AE ones. The losi ones only need a slight flie to sit them in the arms and there is zero slop. I also take out one of the arm spacers and replace it with a Tamiya 1mm spacer, again zero arm slop with this little bit extra thickness.

I must say the polised hinge pin set is a real good option. Takes out a lot of slop and is way smoother.

The new chassis def makes the car pretty stiff. I think the only thing I can't get yet is the roll bar mounting kits. Not interested in the bars as I make my own, but the mounting gear seems to be the hardest to get.

Coxy.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #1620
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Busch
Tony, when is AE going to give us wheel nuts that are low profile like the IRS ones? The nut doesn't screw on far enough for the lock to touch the threads.
You should always run AE wheel nuts in backwards.

Coxy.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote