sg1,

Sent ya a PM.

Tim
Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tim,
With a bumpy track, try the orange dampner springs and run 5mm ride hgt. rear and 4.5mm ride hgt. front. The silver center shock spring will help the car not bottom out, but it will make it jumpy feeling. It's faster that way! If the car is absorbing all the ripples and bumps it will be slower. I've been to my club track a few times where the car is off the ground more then on, and it's faster that way. Let larger tires do the work, it will help in the rough stuff. I haven't tried the CRC uprights yet. I'm sure they are better then the stock ones. Just make sure the chassis didn't banana. Put a straight edge under the a-arms and see!
Wayne
Old 06-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sg1
Tim,
With a bumpy track, try the orange dampner springs and run 5mm ride hgt. rear and 4.5mm ride hgt. front. The silver center shock spring will help the car not bottom out, but it will make it jumpy feeling. It's faster that way! If the car is absorbing all the ripples and bumps it will be slower. I've been to my club track a few times where the car is off the ground more then on, and it's faster that way. Let larger tires do the work, it will help in the rough stuff. I haven't tried the CRC uprights yet. I'm sure they are better then the stock ones. Just make sure the chassis didn't banana. Put a straight edge under the a-arms and see!
Wayne
Thanks for the tips! I will try 'em out today. The car definately works okay even though it reminds me of running off-road sometimes on this track.

Tim
Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

GUYS,

ANY NEWS ON THE LOWERED REAR PODS YET ????????????

IT'S BEEN AWHILE NOW !!

Thanks

Rod
Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

WAKEY WAKEY

Guys there's was a time when if you didn't check this thread almost every hour you were going to miss something BIG.

Now it's quieted now beyond belief
Old 06-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Merciless
GUYS,

ANY NEWS ON THE LOWERED REAR PODS YET ????????????

IT'S BEEN AWHILE NOW !!

Thanks

Rod
After running the car for a while now and looking at how things are lined up, I really think for the competative racers out there, pods lowered any more than they are will throw off the rotating center of the car a little. Not that this actually matters, but things line up nicely now. I would like to get another set of pod plates for club racing, but the car drives better with bigger tires on the back.

I have some old #4 axle spacers that put the axle really close to where a traditional #4 is compared to my L4 with lowered pods and I can run small tires and the car started to lose traction at about the 6 minute mark. Take a breath, long sentence. I put the regular axle adjusters on with 1.83" tires and set the ride height at 4mm and the car stayed consistantly planted throughout the whole run.

Just my .02, but with my testing bigger is better.

Tim
Old 06-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can agree you with the most part. For club racing, our track is not ozite and I can get away with small tires without any effect on performance. Therefore, I started running a L4 rear end on mine to get rid of all the smaller tires. That plus, I don't want to take a chance of bending rear pod and be out of commission for a month again waiting for replacement. I'll just save the SG1 rear end for when I go to big races.

take care
john
Old 06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Using the disks the car drives great with rear tires from 47-48mm all the way down to 45mm. I just give my small rears to a friend with an L4. In stock the rollout options get so limited with small tires that it's not worth the hassle. In mod you won't be running tires that small anyway. I will be getting a few crossbraces and bottom pod plates though.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Guys guys,

I just want to be able to decied for myself and over here running under 5mm can be a disadvantage (bumps etc.) so you can see a LOWERED rear pod could help me !!

Sorry, i wasn't trying to start the "do we need them" discussion again, I WANT THEM PLEASE !!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

I agree that there should be the option to have lower pod plates for the car.

I would like to have them just in case I need to get proper ride height. Anyways, I didn't want to tell anyone that they aren't needed and I believe that they will help out the people that run a higher ride height.

I want them too.

Tim
Old 06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Merciless/Tim:

Hi,

I will bring this up to Jason tomorrow when I talk with him. seems there more than a few who seem to want this option. I will ask him about doing it the way we talked about Sunday night.
earlier in this thread this was discussed in length.....somewhat. Wayne (sg1) should be the one to give the answers as it is his design. hopfully he will be on a little later tonight.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Merciless/Tim:

Hi,

I will bring this up to Jason tomorrow when I talk with him. seems there more than a few who seem to want this option. I will ask him about doing it the way we talked about Sunday night.
earlier in this thread this was discussed in length.....somewhat. Wayne (sg1) should be the one to give the answers as it is his design. hopfully he will be on a little later tonight.

Thanks
I need to give Jason a call also. It's about Vegas. I'm lazy right now though.

Tim
Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

I understood the parts were being made already ??

That's the impression i was given from the earlier responces in the thread to my request (that they WERE going to be made).

I was thinking all i needed to do was get a price on here and order ??

Is the 12th car taking a back seat at present to some other projects ??
Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Merciless:

Hi,

waitiing on graphite. also working on the new chassis for the FK05. one for asphalt and one for carpet. along with Jason's normal work load. Jason's been very busy. orders have slowed down for the 1/12th scale. as for cutting the alumium parts for the 1/12th scale. I haven't really asked about them. I will tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 06:17 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on as much, but it's been pretty busy here with a new job, new son, and a traveling baseball league... I just got home and thought I'd chime in. I haven't got to talk to Jason in a while, but I'll get ahold of him and check on the pod plates. I haven't had the 1/12 on a track in over a month and I'm having withdrawls...lol...

Merciless,
If you could, put a post on the BMI thread too. Jason is on there more then this thread. I'm sure he'll see it and I'll bug him too

Wayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.