how fast does your tc3 go

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how fast does your tc3 go

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

This is a question I absolutely hate... We're going back on the subject of the kid in the neighborhood who has a feriends who knows some whose car can do 100 mph....

BTW... what happened to the guy who started the thread? I was curious if he turbocharged a 67 Chevelle???
Old 09-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by studysession
For now I am running some tires I get for free. Just some cheap rubber tires.

As it gets into the higher speeds, the tires balloon up to much. So I am going to need to change what I am using. Figure can do that later.

I am going to be meeting with a machine shop in Scarborough. They are going to help me with a new design for the car I have. Everything will be completely balanced when we are done and will be able to fit 24 cells with no problems after that. Right now, 12 is all that I can run with until them. Making more fit without modifying the car is to hard and keeping it balanced. So need to make a custom chassis and support bracket to allow everything to fit correctly. We are also doing this to give the car a lower center of gravity. It will be a few weeks before this process is finished. So until then I am just seeing what speeds I can reach with 12 cells.

On my Colt10 with 12 cells using the AXI motor and Schulze ESC I reached 93MPh. That is about the fastest I think I can go with only 12 cells. It will take a lot more power to push it much faster. This car I recently finished a custom chassis for testing. If it works, I will get the machine shop help me do a better one. Right now my work on the mill looks more like a hack job. I am enrolled in some machining classes for the winter semester at Harrogate College. This will help out a lot. But until then, I will get help from the machine shop in Scarborough.

Thx

If you're gonna have a chassis machined, why not consider lengthening and narrowing the chassis? That'll definitely add some stability
Old 09-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

I find it handles well enough for the length and everything. I just need everything to be better balanced. We are machining more than just the chassis. We are moving things around to allow the batteries to be placed on both sides evenly. This way it can corner better. I have been taking it out to the track at the local high school that goes around the foot ball field. It is very smooth and I find it a good place to test the car when tuning.

The track is not good enough for a flat out speed run though. The straight is not long enough.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

as this has gone off topic about TC3's...

here is my best,

I got my out of the box Losi xxx-s g+ and went to a velodrome race in the UK.

My setup

Losi xxx-s g+
LRP Quantum Comp esc
LRP Phaser Comp reciever
LRP Phase5 10x2 motor (quad magnet, very revvy)
LRP Factory Team GP3300 batteries (6cells)
Overall ratio - 6:1

The racing was the usual 5minutes + finishtime.

In my best run I AVERAGED 47mph for 5 minutes + finish time.

Laptime were ~6 seconds.

Attached is a picture of the track. a 45 degree banked velodrome, the biggest indoor velodrome in Europe
Attached Thumbnails how fast does your tc3 go-oval.jpg  
Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

...any my brand new bodyshell after the event....

Excellent paintwork by GingaPaint, now with the authentic NASCAR look
Attached Thumbnails how fast does your tc3 go-damage_nascar.jpg  
Old 09-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the speeds that were posted before were a rough estament. it is probly more like study session said. high 30's. hey we all arent perfect. i had someone else come up with the estemated speed. i dont know how they got it tho.
Attached Thumbnails how fast does your tc3 go-bird01.jpg  
Old 09-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by vtl1180ny

BTW... what happened to the guy who started the thread? I was curious if he turbocharged a 67 Chevelle???

maybe he's still working it out how to make the car much more fast or shall we say turbo charged car?..

Old 09-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by FIRE RIDER
the speeds that were posted before were a rough estament. it is probly more like study session said. high 30's. hey we all arent perfect. i had someone else come up with the estemated speed. i dont know how they got it tho.
That's cool -

I love that body and paint job. Does anyone know where I can order one from?
Old 09-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

That is a 1970 Bolink Superbird body. im sory but i paid $30 for a 15 doller body. the reason is that boling went out of buisiness a year ago. i was lucky to find this on ebay unpainted. good luck trying to find it. i dont use mine for racing cept for the drift class. its mainly a show body. because it is so rare.

P.s. that is actual 1970 sublime green took an hour to match the color to a photo i got from my uncle. its a perfect match.
Attached Thumbnails how fast does your tc3 go-bird02.jpg  
Old 09-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Thx - I really like it.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

your welcome dude. i used that body fro teh speed runs against the nitro. because bolink wind tunnel tested their bodys. and it used to runn on daytona. pluss i realy like the old style muscle car bodys. i just finished painting a 69 charger for a Losi lst im saving up for. i dont have a pik of that yet. turned out nice.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I really like the old style muscle cars. To bad they are not popular enough for more companies to make them.

I recently bought some different Bolink bodies that are for Pan Cars. They are wider, but I am going to put one on my TC3. Think it will still look nice even with it being a wide body.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

ya that superbird is wide enuf that if you look at teh pik the tires are inside teh body. so i didnt trim the wheel wells gigantic i made them no bigger than the ones on a REAL superbird. usinf the photo i have for reverence. well off to take a pik of the 69 charger. be back in 10 mins lol
Old 09-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

ok here is my 69 charger body. its just sitting on some tires off my Tamiya Lunchbox.
Attached Thumbnails how fast does your tc3 go-charge69_01.jpg  
Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

nice I like it a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.