Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin B1 in an F1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Tekin B1 in an F1?

I'm looking for another esc for my silvercan F109. I have a Tekin Rs and RS pro, but they are in other cars. Saw the B1, and it's new price is about what the same as I would pay here for a good 2nd hand brushed ESC. Would this work?, or is it too much for the esc?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://challengeformulaone.yolasite.com/about-us.php

scroll down a bit
Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i like the fx for brushed
Old 02-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

I have a B1 in my 103. Works great, with no problems.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have several esc's from tekin, novak, lrp. This might sound silly in the age of "gimmie the best" but I have been changing my silvercan F1's to the $22 Duratrax auto sport. Cheap, it works, simple, 180 day warranty. Left,right,go, and whoa. Do you need more for a silvercan?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its right below a hundred bucks for the delusional, and just below $60 for the real people. Not bad for a brand new Tekin. I would do that if I did not have unused brushed ESC's sitting all over the house.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Reading Robk's link, it may not be that suitable unless a lot of care is taken, but Foxxrocket has no problems. We have a very large flowing outdoor track, and the car is WOT a fair bit of the time. Still not 100% sure. They're cheap, and crazy small, so it's appealing, but only if it won't become a (small) paper weight in the near future!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

I've ran my B1 a total of 21 races using a 7.5 amp 2s LiPo and a 1/10 scale servo. The ESC may have never been intended to be used this way, but it's held up nicely under the current conditions. Temperature are nothing out of the ordinary, and car is not being over geared.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Gidday,

I really don't think its going to become a paperweight anytime soon JR. When you consider on the national side of things how big Johnson 540 is. A lot of much bigger countries with 10+ times more population, who are at the forefront on RC car racing would be surprised how big and successful our nationals were especially considering the majority of the people were racing in the 540 classes.

Since the change to lipos and the new johnson motors with the CS on the brushes, I have heard only good things about how close everyone was in speed and how great and easy the racing has become.

There is a place for brushless as we all know, and it is great, but you can't go past silver can racing for value for money and the ease which people can get into the sport. For our hobby to survive we must always embrace silver can.

Mike
Old 03-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I know that Mike, don't worry, i'm hooked on F1. I meant that the esc may become a paper weight, not the car! Hey, if I can finish within a lap of you, i'm not getting rid of anything! ha ha
Looks like I may get one. It will free up the Tekin RS for other persuits
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Most brushed ESCs will do the job with similar results. I even dropped in a dynomite tazer ESC which came the grand total of 35$. Only resone I changed to the B1 was because of its footprint. Not much space in those F1 cars.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We (Horsham f1 folks) have smoked a few of the b1's when used with a good powerful steering servo.
This is with three different people,in three different cars.
Just wanted to let you know.
The fx works GREAT for f1 btw.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
We (Horsham f1 folks) have smoked a few of the b1's when used with a good powerful steering servo.
This is with three different people,in three different cars.
Just wanted to let you know.
The fx works GREAT for f1 btw.
How long were they ran before they went to toast?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The B1 only has a 1.5 amp BEC. If you get stuck against a board and try to sea saw your way off this can blow the unit.

Ideally the FX is the correct est for the application. It's nearly as small and is only a bit more in cost.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JR007
Yeah, I know that Mike, don't worry, i'm hooked on F1. I meant that the esc may become a paper weight, not the car! Hey, if I can finish within a lap of you, i'm not getting rid of anything! ha ha
Looks like I may get one. It will free up the Tekin RS for other persuits
I must say I was really impressed how fast you were for your first meeting. Can't wait for the next meeting, looking forward to it so much, and I'm sure there will be even more cars racing this time. I've got my stag do the night before so might be a little slow at the wheel though lol.

BTW any of the major companies speed controls will work fine. I'm using a Novak Atom, and was using a KO VFS-1 in touing stock. Brushed esc's don't make anywhere near as much difference as brushless esc's.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.