Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbyywing XERUN 1S ESC for 1/12th No RX Pack needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think most people use the thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-software.html Now
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

So there's no reason this cant be used in a 1/10 tc then right? It will run 2s lipo and has the same power and software as the 120a and Etreme. Am i right?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Non-boost "blinky" option

I've read through the product description and the intrstruction manual but I can't find anywhere that it would display a blinking LED for non-boosted class racing. Is the non-boost "blinky" option available on this speed control?

I know Hobbywing has the Just Stock speed control for that purpose but it isn't 1s compatible and I'm looking to run this for 1s 1/12 non-boosted first and then move up to boosted modified 1/12 class racing. Can someone elaborate on this?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I've read through the product description and the intrstruction manual but I can't find anywhere that it would display a blinking LED for non-boosted class racing. Is the non-boost "blinky" option available on this speed control?

I know Hobbywing has the Just Stock speed control for that purpose but it isn't 1s compatible and I'm looking to run this for 1s 1/12 non-boosted first and then move up to boosted modified 1/12 class racing. Can someone elaborate on this?
Wow, no answer. I guess Hobbywing support doesn't exist here. Oh well, off my list for consideration, will just move on to something else that has better support.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoop
So there's no reason this cant be used in a 1/10 tc then right? It will run 2s lipo and has the same power and software as the 120a and Etreme. Am i right?

You're right, I'm using it on my TC, no problem, very good ESC.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, no answer. I guess Hobbywing support doesn't exist here. Oh well, off my list for consideration, will just move on to something else that has better support.
Did you try asking in the thread linked just a couple of posts above? That thread is very active for HW stuff I'm sure someone would be able to answer.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

The 1s can run zero timing once you have loaded the 508 zero timing software the led will blink 2 x per second .

please join us in the hobbywing official thread .located in the same electric onroad ared of rc tech .
Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default HW Xerun 1S ESC for WGT

I am considering this esc for WGT.
EFRA-rules in Europe, 10.5T, minimum weight 930g.
Using it all in XRay X10 Link.

I think this esc is a bit on the heavy side, 105g.
I want to be as light as possible with my car.
1S Lipo: 145g - 150g
Mini servo: 30g - 40g
HW Xerun 1S esc: 105g
Receiver: ??

Is it realistic to try and be as close as possible to 930g, car raceready?

So no RX pack or booster is needed with this esc?

It says on the esc and in the specs that it is a 1S esc. Can it be used with 2S? If so I don't understand how that is possible. I thought it was especially developed for 1S racing.

On the flip side: can one use a 2S HW esc with 1S?

If so, what would be the best way to go? In both cases you would have an esc that can handle 1S and 2S (if and when HW 2S could work with 1S)
Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
I am considering this esc for WGT.
EFRA-rules in Europe, 10.5T, minimum weight 930g.
Using it all in XRay X10 Link.

I think this esc is a bit on the heavy side, 105g.
I want to be as light as possible with my car.
1S Lipo: 145g - 150g
Mini servo: 30g - 40g
HW Xerun 1S esc: 105g
Receiver: ??

Is it realistic to try and be as close as possible to 930g, car raceready?

So no RX pack or booster is needed with this esc?

It says on the esc and in the specs that it is a 1S esc. Can it be used with 2S? If so I don't understand how that is possible. I thought it was especially developed for 1S racing.

On the flip side: can one use a 2S HW esc with 1S?

If so, what would be the best way to go? In both cases you would have an esc that can handle 1S and 2S (if and when HW 2S could work with 1S)
The 120A 1S speedo is not lite, it is very well made though, and I think you will enjoy the reliability, and simplicity that the wiring of this ESC brings.

My WGT race ready weights 1000 grams. 70 grams over weight. You can make up the difference by the weight of the battery, and the motor.

By selecting the right components weight can really add up. My new battery weighs 20 grams less this year, and by switching from a ballistic to a Thunderpower I could save another 10grams.

Shawn
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
The 120A 1S speedo is not lite, it is very well made though, and I think you will enjoy the reliability, and simplicity that the wiring of this ESC brings.

My WGT race ready weights 1000 grams. 70 grams over weight. You can make up the difference by the weight of the battery, and the motor.

By selecting the right components weight can really add up. My new battery weighs 20 grams less this year, and by switching from a ballistic to a Thunderpower I could save another 10grams.

Shawn
1,000g is a bit disappointing. The only reason why I opt for 1S is to get as close to 930g as possible. Not gonna happen I think.
A 1S LiPo weighs about 140-150g. Not many grams to find there.
Where in your car is the esc placed? For instance in the middle on the left side, or so? Then balancingweights are needed?
I want to place my esc in front of the rear axle, so the LiPo in front of it. Then make the wires as short as possible because they are all near the motor soldering points en the + and - of the LiPo. Maybe that will save me some more grams. Furthermore there is no need for balancingweights left and/or right.

The HW 120A 1S is an option, but with it weighing 105g it is to heavy.
But what would be the alternative?
A 2S esc with booster? For instance HW extreme stock, weighs just under 50g in combo with a booster, for instance rcdynamics weighs 6g.

Other 1S esc that would an option?

Last edited by Kensei; 11-14-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1000 grams for a WGT car is really heavy!

My CRC Gen X 10 LE race ready is 935 grams ( I have to add a piece of lead to get it over). I use the Speed Passion version of this speed controller (same difference) and it works great on 1s. Speed controller mounted in the center rear (behind the battery).

dumper
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
1000 grams for a WGT car is really heavy!

My CRC Gen X 10 LE race ready is 935 grams ( I have to add a piece of lead to get it over). I use the Speed Passion version of this speed controller (same difference) and it works great on 1s. Speed controller mounted in the center rear (behind the battery).

dumper

I know, I just havnt figured out where I am gaining all that weight! I have some time coming up in the next week or two, maybe i will pull the WGT apart and figure out what I can do to shave alittle weight. Would love to get it alittle lighter, but I dont think chaning the weight will help me finish much better then where I am now.

I would be better off getting some weight out of my 1/12 scale. Its about 50 grams over too. (My TC is 125g Over! )

Running CRC GenX10 (original) with 120A 1S, Novak Pro SS 13.5, SMC 5600 50C batter, MTX transponder, Jr 3650 servo and a Airtronics 724 Rxer. Using Tq 16 Gauge wire for power and motor.

Shawn.