Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gosh it's so S-l-o-w................

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default gosh it's so S-l-o-w................

I am addicted to comming in a work at 5:00am and seeing what's new is on RCTECH. Lately my high speed computer at work takes longer than my dial up at the house (I hardly use).Is this new owner going to patch things UP? Soon I hope- I'm only allowed so much time for personnel use on the computer and most of it now goes to waiting to see something on RCTECH?
Old 02-22-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There are a lot of times when even a 15meg download takes so long it times out.
If the new owners can't get RCTech up to speed I can see it becoming more trouble than its worth for most and sites like Trinity or Hobby-Talk becoming the goto sites.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

This is really starting to aggravate me. The site is slow, the volume of information is starting to slow way down (new posts) over the last 3-4 weeks, so this site is becoming useless because of those two factors.

Maybe the new owners have some sort of purpose for crapping the site out, almost to drive away site participants just to present a new site.

As an IT Professional, I can tell you that if a system/server I supported had this sort of performance and delay in being fixed, my job would be on the line.

Guess we can all go to http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/
Old 02-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, it is really slow. In the time I hit the reply button and the reply screen comes up I did the dishes, soldered 2 new packs, got my car from the barn and luckily I had my PSP to play in he meantime I think they modified the connection because of their ISP or they reserve their faster connections for other servers outside Rctech.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so this is like what? thread number 4 or 5 on how slow rc tech is. seems like rc tech isn't the only thing slow that was a just a joke, don't hurt me