Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

We're back from the Nats with all three 12th scale ROAR national titles!

It was great seeing and helping the SpeedMerchant drivers and customers at the track. Our whole team did really well, and worked very hard for the results.

Donny Lia and his motor-man Sal absolutely rocked 12th Stock class with an amazing performance. Those two pitted across from me at the race, and if they weren’t eating a cheeseburger (Sal had to eat 35 burgers over the week), they had their heads down working on their stuff trying to make it faster. It just goes to show, that hard work pays off.

Ray ”the Natural” Darroch was able to take the TQ and 19-Turn title, even though he spent most of his time working his a$$ off trying to keep up with all his JACO/SMC responsibilities. Great job Ray!

Finally congrats to Andrew, Barry and Mike for their 12th Mod runs. The track was probably the most technical one we’ve seen in years, and it was fun to watch the Mod drivers tear it up. Hopefully, someone has video of the 12th Mod A-Mains, because that was absolutely some of the best 12th scale racing we’ve had in several years. Dumas and Blackstock (throw a little Flack & Cyrul in there too) were just blazingly quick in the mains. A big shout out goes to Mike Blackstock. In the 3rd and deciding A-Main, he probably could’ve hit Dumas on about 20 different occasions, but instead decided to race clean and bide his time. It was just awesome to watch the “ebb and flow” of the race, and the level of skill displayed by the front-runners. Congratulations to Mike Dumas for rising to the top again!

I would personally like to thank Jim Dieter for helping us out in the motor department. Jim tuned both Ray’s 19-Turn, and Mike’s Mod motor. Those two National titles are partly yours. Thanks Jim!

Finally, I would really like to thank Justin”Beavis”Johnson. Justin has been a great friend and a super hard worker over the years. Without his help, we would not be as successful as we are at these races. Thanks Driva!

We'll have a full race report with pictures and set-ups on the website within a few days. Keep checking the "news" section for a link.

Hope everyone has a great Spring!

Take care.-Bruce
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Congrat's Bruce....You and Beavis truly work as hard as anyone at the track!!

EA
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bruce,

Thank you for selling such a great car! After having the mod car for only 1 weekend before Nats and having the 19T car hit the track for the first time on monday all I can say is I can't wait to get some practice in on these bad johnny's! Fastcats and "da Gate" here we come!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bruce and Beavis,

Thanks for taking care of my car and being some great motivators thoughout the weekend....

You 2 truely do work very hard and all the race wins prove it!

Barry
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

There's a post on CarAction about the nats.

http://www.rccaraction.com/
Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Bruce,

Thank you for selling such a great car! After having the mod car for only 1 weekend before Nats and having the 19T car hit the track for the first time on monday all I can say is I can't wait to get some practice in on these bad johnny's! Fastcats and "da Gate" here we come!

Greg,
If you need a starting setup for FastCats let me know. I have run a couple that work awesome for 19t. See You then.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Guys,

We're back from the Nats with all three 12th scale ROAR national titles!

It was great seeing and helping the SpeedMerchant drivers and customers at the track. Our whole team did really well, and worked very hard for the results.

Donny Lia and his motor-man Sal absolutely rocked 12th Stock class with an amazing performance. Those two pitted across from me at the race, and if they weren’t eating a cheeseburger (Sal had to eat 35 burgers over the week), they had their heads down working on their stuff trying to make it faster. It just goes to show, that hard work pays off.

Ray ”the Natural” Darroch was able to take the TQ and 19-Turn title, even though he spent most of his time working his a$$ off trying to keep up with all his JACO/SMC responsibilities. Great job Ray!

Finally congrats to Andrew, Barry and Mike for their 12th Mod runs. The track was probably the most technical one we’ve seen in years, and it was fun to watch the Mod drivers tear it up. Hopefully, someone has video of the 12th Mod A-Mains, because that was absolutely some of the best 12th scale racing we’ve had in several years. Dumas and Blackstock (throw a little Flack & Cyrul in there too) were just blazingly quick in the mains. A big shout out goes to Mike Blackstock. In the 3rd and deciding A-Main, he probably could’ve hit Dumas on about 20 different occasions, but instead decided to race clean and bide his time. It was just awesome to watch the “ebb and flow” of the race, and the level of skill displayed by the front-runners. Congratulations to Mike Dumas for rising to the top again!

I would personally like to thank Jim Dieter for helping us out in the motor department. Jim tuned both Ray’s 19-Turn, and Mike’s Mod motor. Those two National titles are partly yours. Thanks Jim!

Finally, I would really like to thank Justin”Beavis”Johnson. Justin has been a great friend and a super hard worker over the years. Without his help, we would not be as successful as we are at these races. Thanks Driva!

We'll have a full race report with pictures and set-ups on the website within a few days. Keep checking the "news" section for a link.

Hope everyone has a great Spring!

Take care.-Bruce
Congratulations Bruce!
You really put in the work to go the extra mile and it sure pays off. So what are you up to now? 25 National Wins?

(I am so taking you down next week at RCE!)

See you next week,
Nick
Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

congrats bruce.very impressive
Old 03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guys.....much appreciated.

Have a great day.-Bruce

PS-Nick, you ran a 19-turn in stock class, and somehow managed to sabotage one of my rear rims before the main...........and you still lost. Nuff said. LOL
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Company Representative

I so didn't sabotage you!!! Damn it....
I did still lose pretty badly though LOL
You have to give us a little credit though, that car was a missle =)

It's been a long long time since I have had so much fun racing, great having you back on the track Bruce.

See you Tuesday!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Bruce, Hope you can make the March Madness Race in CT.

Take Care, and be well!!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

CONGRATS to bruce and the team. great showing. also thanks to Bruce for getting parts to me so quick.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to start this thank you toward Bruce Carbone. Bruce works so hard at these races from customer support to just physical labor at the race. For the first time ever I, yes did see with my own eyes Bruce cutting 12th scale tire. Awsome job and hard work pays off. Another person whom deserves credit is Justin "Bevis" Johnson, I would have to say the moral support was uplifting throughout the week!

A congrats goes out to all the winners but especially to Donny Lia for 12th scale stock and Ray Darroch in 12th 19 turn class. These two drove excellent races and I am happy to be on the same team as them.

All and all it was a long week with lots of hard work and it turned out to be a great thing for team Speedmerchant and many other sponsors. I would like to personally thank all my sponsors for the support and giving me what it takes to make this my first modified national championships. Team Speedmerchant, Team Trinity, Team Losi, Team Tekin, Jaco, JR Radios, Protoform bodies, Parma fascolor paints, Xenon gears and Chewy Graphixs all made this possible not only for myself but them as well. Jim Dieter for his dedication and hard work tuning my Epic Shock 2 motor made it possible to give me the power to stay ahead of the competition.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Speedmerchant rules................

Thanks to all and have a nice day.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so when are the mortals going to see pictures of this fabled Speedmerchant front end?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Bruce,

Now you finally understand......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.