Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speedmerchant Rev.4 >

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Old 10-20-2006, 01:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Darn caller ID... after reading this thread it would seem that only the 'randy casters' of the rc world get to talk to the man (bruce)...

I wish....

Darkside... why would you post a post like that? What were you thinking
I know for sure I'm not saved in his caller ID, this is the first time I've really gotten to talk to Bruce, always see him at the races but is always busy working on the team's cars. I'm nobody special at all in 1/12, ordered my kit off their website and paid full price for it, so I doubt he answered the phone because it was me..
Old 10-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I know for sure I'm not saved in his caller ID, this is the first time I've really gotten to talk to Bruce, always see him at the races but is always busy working on the team's cars. I'm nobody special at all in 1/12, ordered my kit off their website and paid full price for it, so I doubt he answered the phone because it was me..
Let me clarify... not saying he answered be it was you... I was making an attempt to say that here answered because your a sponsored driver in the rc arena.

Hmmm. Seemed much funnier in my head.
E
Old 10-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Bruce takes good care of me (and the rest of the team) I got a little riled up When you need anything, he's there for you. The company is small and a little quirky, but its a small price to pay for the quality of the product and the value in its design.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Let me clarify... not saying he answered be it was you... I was making an attempt to say that here answered because your a sponsored driver in the rc arena.

Hmmm. Seemed much funnier in my head.
E
I'm still pretty sure he would have grabbed the phone no matter who it was calling at the time
Old 10-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Wow....gotta go into another company's thread to recruit customers....awesome.

Later EddieO
wow,thats pretty bold.i agree with you bro.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i gotta say,if i was to run a link car,this would be the one i would get.all the different link cars are nice but i think this layout and design seems the most sound.hats off to you bruce.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow rev 4.5

I started it all because I didn't get my car when I was told thats all I said,now in the mean time I had a look around the 1/12 forum threads and seen the darkside car,heard about it- never seen it looks nice cool car,worth a try in my book as the 4.5 is to "got the rev4.5 today" and ordered the darkside as well and I will let the track be the true test......I did get a reply from Bruce and he was very kind to me and offered a refund but I will keep the car and try em both..... its win win either way + it's only money

Last edited by Customworksking; 10-20-2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

You are going to be VERY happy with your Speed Merchant. It's a great car and worth the wait!

Hey Bruce can I get my new one now? Pleeeeezzzz?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I started it all because I didn't get my car when I was told thats all I said,now in the mean time I had a look around the 1/12 forum threads and seen the darkside car,heard about it- never seen it looks nice cool car,worth a try in my book as the 4.5 is to "got the rev4.5 today" and ordered the darkside as well and I will let the track be the true test......I did get a reply from Bruce and he was very kind to me and offered a refund but I will keep the car and try em both..... its win win either way + it's only money

I'm glad you decided to try it. It is a phenomenal car. Don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding setup, assembly etc on this thread. One of us will get back too you.

Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eforer
I'm glad you decided to try it. It is a phenomenal car.
Yo Ed, Wat up Bro!!............. Come on down on the 12th of Nov. to South Shore Hobbies, NY for our Annual Trophy Event and bring down that "Phenomenal" car with ya. Round up the Troops from the North and join in on some great racing.

For more details: www.southshorehobby.com There are other race dates for other events if you can't make this one.

See you and the rest of the Team real soon.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I picked up a Rev3 that was slightly used and I'm really impressed. I am not a 12th scale racer...I have toyed with them before and never liked them. I decided that because my finances won't allow me to run Touring competetively this winter, I would focus on 12th scale and try to improve my skills. Honestly when I got my car, I didn't care what car it was. I offered my T2 up in trade for a 12th scale car that was more than just a rolling chassis and this was the best deal. My buddy did a similar thing and he ended up with the CRC 3.1.

On a side note I raced with Dave from IRS this past week and gave him a pair of old school front arms. He is going to use those Donor arms that I gave him and look into the possibility of producing lowered ones. No more dremmelling!!!!!! YAY I will keep everyone posted on the out come.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
We have been looking at the Darkside since we first heard of it last winter. So far I haven't found any race results with that car. Rumor has it that one of our local drivers will be getting one for this season. The season started last week and he is MIA. I would be very interested in knowing how the 2 cars compare as I am just about ready to replace the old CK3.1. We have a Rev 4 now and the CRC is almost an even match for it. Keep us informed!

djb
Old 10-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb 4.5

whats a good 2 or 3 damper tube lubs to have for stock indoor ,centret shock oil ,ft springs and link springs how do i load them even some pre load should 1 side lift from side to side sorry this is my 1st link car can i use the side springs the same as I do to set the tweak on a T plate car ? if u have a set-up sheet that will help as well thanx

Last edited by Customworksking; 10-22-2006 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ooops
Old 10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Okay thats alot of questions:

Damper Tube Goo: 10k is fine for most things, 7k is also suitable. The heavy CRC damper fluid is good too.

Side Springs: That sort of depends on what tires you run. Typically the jaco guys run the .23 (white side springs) and us parma guys run .21 (blue side springs). Don't preload the side springs. The springs are progressive and pre-loading them changes their rate. Tighten them down till they just touch the link end. Tweaking the chassis is best accomplished with a pair of pennies on the front tires just aft of the axel. Lift the front end from the center slowly. Tighten the droop screw of the side that falls second, loosen the screw of the side that falls first.

Center Spring: You should have blue, red and gold. Copper and Black tend to be too stiff and silver is too soft. The jaco guys run mostly blue or red, for parmas usually red or gold (a little stiffer).

Center Shock Oil: The weight is less important than having the shock built well. 40wt is a good starting point.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default order

tall order i know sorry like i said new to link cas...thanx I have everything but side springs and tube lube where is the best place to order the lube

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.