Speedmerchant Rev.4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Bruce has been really busy and just got back from the 24 hour race. He'll take care of you don't worry.

The speedmerchant is IMO the best 12th scale out there and well worth the wait.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Guys, I know it's tough to hear while you are waiting for your car or parts to arrive, but it is a great car and worth it if you can bear with the bad product support and customer service.

I've said this before, excuses from the team guys can only placate the situation for so long before it gets really old. Bruce definitely needs to get a few distributors for his parts that can be counted on, because at this rate, regardless of how good an idea or product is, if you can't keep your customers happy, you won't have any customers at all. Especially in the R/C car industry.

Bruce, if you can't handle all of the work yourself, get some help around the office/shop. Your product is REALLY WORTH IT, you just need to keep your customers happy (or at least attempt to communicate with them).

I've had just about 10 different 1/12th scale cars in the last 3 years, and this one is the car I am keeping—if that says anything.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
good luck I paid the 10 of Oct still no car or refund!
I'm honestly not too worried about it because they would have a horrible rep by now if this happened all of the time. I know Bruce was at the enduro race which is why I waited to order until Friday.. Just wondering if mine has been sent yet.

Also, if you paid on the 10'th, if he shipped UPS ground across the country, that takes 7 days, plus processing time, so he may have already sent yours out.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default car

no I paid the 2nd ooops not the 10th = talked to him and he said I would have it in 2 or 3 days on the 8th
Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lol, ok, not the news I was looking to hear.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

He'll take care of you. SpeedMerchant is a small company dedicated to producing a high quality, high performance product. Demand always exceeds supply and somtimes you have to wait a bit. Trust me, its worth it.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Customworksking
can someone tell me how to get a Fing refund from speedmerchant their sevice is crap as the saying go's tell 1 person you got a good car tell 10 when you don't! corally for me
I hear you i have the same problem with there no service policy corally seems to be my next kit.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eforer
He'll take care of you. SpeedMerchant is a small company dedicated to producing a high quality, high performance product. Demand always exceeds supply and somtimes you have to wait a bit. Trust me, its worth it.
My man i hear you but if i was in need of my medication for my illness i should wait until the producer come from a basketball match for me to get my medication this is just an example, this is a business and we are in the USA where the demand for product is in high demand if you can't make the product for the demand then you should expand because the demand is there and that is not the only problem there is not a curtesy reply to phone calls or email on this forum, look i am not the only person that have this problem others pay and not a reply now is there something wrong with that.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I was thinking about picking up the Rev 4.5 but after seeing these posts, I will be bringing my business else where. A friend of mine tried ordering the car and never got an answer or a reply.

You would think that being a smaller company he would be able to offer better customer service.

Evidently the owner doesn't like money.....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my Speedmerchant and think it was totally worth the wait.

Isn't the internet a wonderful place. Instead of actually picking up the phone or emailing a guy, you can just flame him in his own thread. We have created such an impatient, immediate society. They guy has a product that everyone seems to want right now. Someone also posted that he's been really busy, then got sick. Cut the guy a break and contact the company. If you really have to have a new 1/12th scale car today, walk into a hobby shop and go ahead and buy a slower car. Just my $.02
Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

You can always try hobbyetc they have a lot of parts in stock and they can ship in 2 days.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motor City Hami
I just got my Speedmerchant and think it was totally worth the wait.

Isn't the internet a wonderful place. Instead of actually picking up the phone or emailing a guy, you can just flame him in his own thread. We have created such an impatient, immediate society. They guy has a product that everyone seems to want right now. Someone also posted that he's been really busy, then got sick. Cut the guy a break and contact the company. If you really have to have a new 1/12th scale car today, walk into a hobby shop and go ahead and buy a slower car. Just my $.02

You know, that's a ridiculous comment. The internet also allows instant feedback about a company or product. Anyone is allowed to offer an opinion, just as everyone is allowed to disseminate the information they get from those opinions. If everything in this thread (which was never inferred to be OWNED by SpeedMerchant) was peaches and berries, no one would get a true impression of what to expect with Rev4+ ownership.

I think it is VERY plain to see that if you buy a Rev4+, you will A) have simply the best 12th scale car available to the public, B) you will have easy access to team driver's experience, input and setups that really work very well, and C) if you need parts support for anything not made by another manufacturer, you might have some difficulty getting a hold of Bruce. And by difficulty, I mean up to 6 weeks of e-mail, voice mail and forum PMs with no response at all.

People's experiences with the company—any company— are absolutely invaluable in making an educated purchase, and discounting other user's honest feedback is short-sighted and narrow-minded.

The internet also allows us all to now expect relatively instant gratification with purchases. Two to three weeks (or more) for delivery of anything is intolerable unless you are made well aware of that fact before making purchases.

If you can think of another place where important customer service experiences should be discussed instead, I'm all ears.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Kinda bummed because I did want to race this weekend, but as long as the car comes soon I'll be happy, I'd rather wait for the better car than get 2'nd best.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Guys i have been waiting for 3 kits for over a month. can some one tell Bruce the guy in calif. really needs these kits. Our racing seasion has started. this has nothing to do with what is the best car. when you say its on the way...............it should be.

Last edited by gotyournumber; 10-19-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got one suggestion, come to the Darkside, We're also a small company, but I can tell you for certain that customer service is #1 here. The owner/team guys are but an e-mail or phone call away. Parts are easy to obtain and the car is pretty darn good also.

You may not have heard much about us, but in the coming months you will, performance will speak for itself.

The best way to reach us is at [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.