Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
A big thank you to Bruce for the support everyone got at the Nats, I don't think anyone with a question ever got turned away.

One slight correction about EJ Evans car; it is his own. I built and maintained it but it was his car all the way (it wouldn't have had an L4 front end on it if he borrowed it from me ) It was very gratifying to place so well amongst such talented competition.
Bruce: I had the borrowed Rev 4. OD had no time to get mine up and running.

I like to thank OD, Crashby, Jim Walls, Jim Rose, Kevin Jelich, Ken & KJ Jones, Todd Hodge and Matt Francis for a great weekend.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
What up Driva? How bout' a plate of ribs and some Mountain Dew for dinner? LOL!!!
that had to be the funniest thing of the week......watchin bruce dive outa the way of a plate of ribs.....then pulling out the whip cream only to get hit with it in the crossfire......

butter.....you get the stories from later sunday night???....

fun stuff, bruce you missed out on the raddison....
Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you to Ruben and the Stockton crew for putting on a great race. Very organized, excellent schedule, and the best Tech in years. Great to see the cars/batteries and motors all getting the full Monty after the Mains too.

Congratulations to all the winners. Toso and Paulie for having one of the best races I’ve seen in a long time. Dumas and Blackstock for throwing down some crazy fast 12th Mod laps, and Peter Robinson for capturing the 12th Stock National Title with his brand new Rev.4.

It was great meeting all the locals who support SpeedMerchant. You guys have some super clean cars, and some really innovative ideas. Big congrats to local E.J. Evans for making the 12th Stock A-main with a borrowed Rev.4. Great driving E.J., and nice meeting you.

Have a great week.

Take care.-Bruce
Thanks Bruce, the car was great! I didn't know anyting about 12th scale going into the race (and still don't), but Crashby and O'Donnell (odpurple) said this was the car to run...and they were right!

Also, thanks for the help trackside and congrats on the win. Peter was fast!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope to be getting a REv.4 soon. Anyone care to PM a setup for low-traction(meaning pretty new) CRC Fasttrack carpeting? Also is the Keyence Zero V Extreme(?) suitable for 12th scale or should i throw in my GT7 or Twister 2.1?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

What was the fast setup for stock?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

OK, can I take it no one has run this car on pavement? This is my 3rd post asking for a little setup help or some suggestions for pavement and no one has answered. I am going to be running at The RcSpeedway in Durham NC where the Nationals were held a few years ago. I am just trying to get some ideas of what direction to go since I have always run a t plate car before and even that was a couple of years ago.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Bruce, thanks for the awesome support! Wish I could have done better than 9th for ya, the car was more than capable.

Anyways, Tarheel, I know strasnick has a fair amount of experience running the car on asphalt. I know you would want to run orange side springs, they are hard to come by but I have some extras if you need them, pm me.

I'm sure Mark can fill in the rest.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are you guys putting pre-load on the tweak springs?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

I set the tweak springs so that they are just touching the link end, the springs are progressive, and preload makes them, well.... not progressive. Less preload on the side springs makes the car easier to drive.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey guys.. i had a question. ran the rev4 last weekend on a tight, med bite track... worked pretty well, but seemed to lack corner speed a little. stock motor, and i ran a blue main, and white tweak springs...

a guy there mentioned it looked like i needed a firmer tweak, but im fairly new to the link cars, and wasnt sure if that sounded right.

oh yea, was on Jaco purple/grey, 3.5mm ride, think on .020 front springs.

Wes
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
hey guys.. i had a question. ran the rev4 last weekend on a tight, med bite track... worked pretty well, but seemed to lack corner speed a little. stock motor, and i ran a blue main, and white tweak springs...

a guy there mentioned it looked like i needed a firmer tweak, but im fairly new to the link cars, and wasnt sure if that sounded right.

oh yea, was on Jaco purple/grey, 3.5mm ride, think on .020 front springs.

Wes
Wes, try a red center shock spring, and blue sides springs. If the blue side springs make the car "lazy" you can go back to whites. Unless your track is very bumpy I can't see the need to go as soft as blue on the center spring.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

thanks! the track i ran on sunday was kinda bumpy, but i am headed to another track this weekend, and its plenty smooth.

ill go to the red first and give it a shot, as i dont have any other side springs on me except orange.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

purples don't work that well in club racing levels of bite. Try magenta fronts and grey rears. Also, do you have a camber shim in??
Old 03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

i was wondering that... no camber shim, and im running the old skool front end.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mcmoney......you ran off with my motor fan.....you get an earlier flight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.