R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #376
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

im about to place a fat order with speedmerchants website, side springs, front springs, washers, diff parts, lots of stuff.

one thing id like to to is only have to order from one spot, i was hopping i could get a clamping hub for my rev 3 but i dont see it on the website, am i blind or is it not there?
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #377
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusblowsgoat
im about to place a fat order with speedmerchants website, side springs, front springs, washers, diff parts, lots of stuff.

one thing id like to to is only have to order from one spot, i was hopping i could get a clamping hub for my rev 3 but i dont see it on the website, am i blind or is it not there?
E-mail him and ask. I know he's including big ring diffs with all the Rev.4 kits, but I'm not sure if he sells the hubs separately or not.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #378
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
Anybody know where I can order a Rev.4 that offer 2 or 3 day shipping?

Mark
mark mark
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #379
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
So if milling the block arms causes problems would I be correct in assuming that I should shim the steering block and not under the arm to adjust for larger size wheels?

Mark
I'm wondering about milling the block..Hmmmmmmmmmmm got a mill
Old 12-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #380
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

Bruce, if you have some purple/grey's for the car tomorrow I'll gladly buy them off you. Todd doesn't have any in the shop and I didn't have a chance to order any yet. My servo is on the way but won't be here till the weekend, so if I can take you up on the loaner JR that would be great to.

See you tomorrow, I'm really excited about running a rev 4.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #381
Tech Regular

HI Bruce,

I sent you an email.

Bye for now.

Gustav
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 AM   #382
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

Bruce, thanks for all your help last night. The car was super dialed. I cannot beleive how good the car was for the first time out with it.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #383
Tech Regular

Default ESC on the Mike Dumas car

On the pic of the Mike Dumas car on the Speed Merchant website - What is being used to replace the original Novak cap that comes with the GTX???????????????? (the "blue" cap)
DLM2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #384
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Looks like the smaller of the two caps that comes with the LRP Quantum world's upgrade kit.

-James
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #385
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Can someone tell me how to shave my steering knuckles and how much to take off?

Also is there a good way to attach my servo without having to drill and countersink the servo mounts?

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #386
Tech Addict

I used a mill and took off .30. Others use dremels, but I'm not awesome enough to do it that way. Darn shaky hands. LOL!

For your servo, you can attach is using super thin servo tape to make sure it is in the correct location, and then shoo-goo it to make it semi-permanent.

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #387
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

I shoe gooed my servo in my rev 3, but kept popping it off(im the second worst driver in the world), so this is what i did

put a piece of servo tape on the chassis, put a bead of shoe goo round the servo tape and put some CA on the servo case, probably some over kill there but oh well its still on there.

ps. im drilling holes before the next race tho. lol
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #388
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

When you shoe goo the servo directly to the chassis do you have to use a special servo saver? I tried gooing the servo directly to the chassis and it stuck down good but the saver didn't fit so I put it back on the mounts and gooed to whole thing in but I am a bit woried about the gap I filled between the bottom of the servo and the chassis.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #389
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
When you shoe goo the servo directly to the chassis do you have to use a special servo saver? I tried gooing the servo directly to the chassis and it stuck down good but the saver didn't fit so I put it back on the mounts and gooed to whole thing in but I am a bit woried about the gap I filled between the bottom of the servo and the chassis.

Mark
You have to grind a relief/divot in the chassis before you can mount the servo flat against the chassis. Find a circular Dremel grinding stone that has a little bigger diameter of the servo saver. Mark your chassis where the relief/divot needs to be and just grind out enough material to clear the servo. Remember that the servo saver does flex some so you need to make sure you have enough clearance to accommodate that flex.

As for servo tape, Use the MIP white, thin servo tape. I have had some horrendous crashes and never, ever have the servo come loose. Over time, it will start to dry up and allow the servo to squirm under loads. When that happens and you will be able to tell because the steering will not center, just pop off the servo, peal off the tape, and reattach the servo. That is the other good thing about the MIP tape. It comes off in one piece!! No more scratching to get the servo tape off.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:53 AM   #390
Tech Regular

You can also servo tape and surround with a bead of shu glue - the servo tape should raise the servo enough to clear - and if you have some rubbing - take a piece of sand paper and wedge between the servo and chassis and take a little material off the bottom of the servo - I have mounted z5550 and z5650 servos this way without any problems...............
DLM2005 is offline   Reply With Quote