Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
Colts and Giants teaser. speedmerchant lock of the week.
Those are the given. The money makers are Stealers/Bears and Packers/Lions.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson eagle
A few of us on Wednesday evening at Stockton ran the setup with the tweak screws backed off on our Rev 4's in stock. I like this a lot it felt like the car was a lot less nervous and the rear of the car was felt more bolted down. I compensated but running max caster (new style front end) and more traction compound on the front. Car was great, a lap improvement for the race and .4 sec improvement for a lap. This wasn't all down to the side springs though, I worked on the front end of the car which helped a lot. Have any of you tried this yet with any success?

I read through Bruce's info from the recent race and I have to echo a lot of what he said, I thought it was easier to drive fast (yes I know it's a relative thing in stock).

Chris
Chris,

What 'new' front end? No more 'old skool' front end? or just a modded version of it?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitroHead
Chris,

What 'new' front end? No more 'old skool' front end? or just a modded version of it?

Thanks
I have 2 rev 4's, one with he old skool front end which ironically is my newest car and one with the newer associated style front end. I have only used the old skool version a couple of times but I like the newer one as it is a bit more adjustable but i do agree as Bruce mentions that the new front end can get very sloppy in a big hurry. I am working on that though, maybe I'll have something interesting in a few weeks.

The car is great, James Arluck and I had a great final yesterday, he got me by .157 of a second and we both turned some great laps. You know you have driven hard when your 3700's don't have enough left to register on a discharge after a STOCK race.

The old skool car I have will probably become a 19T car with a prototype front end.

Chris
Old 12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Those are the given. The money makers are Stealers/Bears and Packers/Lions.
Stealers for sure. packers/lions...scary
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool, thanks Chris.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can order a Rev.4 that offer 2 or 3 day shipping?

Mark
Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Anybody know where I can order a Rev.4 that offer 2 or 3 day shipping?

Mark
Try www.Hobbyetc.com
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Hobbyetc is all out, any other suggestions?

BTW how small of a front can you run with the "OLD SKOOL" front end? Will I need to mill down the front arms so I can use 40mm wheels in the front?

Mark?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

WooHoo found 1, Superior hobbies had 1 left but boy did they gouge me on shipping.

What spares should I stock for the car and if anyone has a good base setup for high bite asphalt that would be greate.

Mark
Old 12-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

BTW how small of a front can you run with the "OLD SKOOL" front end? Will I need to mill down the front arms so I can use 40mm wheels in the front?

Mark?
Mill down your steering blocks and you'll be able to run tires that small. Bruce should have a tutorial for this procedure on the Speedmerchant site fairly shortly.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Wouldn't milling the steering knuckle also effect the load on the front springs? What is the reason you dont mill the block front arm like IRS does with their modded new ASC arms?

Mark
Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Wouldn't milling the steering knuckle also effect the load on the front springs? What is the reason you dont mill the block front arm like IRS does with their modded new ASC arms?

Mark
You do actually shim the spring to take up the slack the milling creates.
Lowering the whole arm significantly alters the roll-center of the cars front-end and that leads to all sorts of other issues.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

So if milling the block arms causes problems would I be correct in assuming that I should shim the steering block and not under the arm to adjust for larger size wheels?

Mark
Old 12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

So if milling the block arms causes problems would I be correct in assuming that I should shim the steering block and not under the arm to adjust for larger size wheels?

Mark
Once you've milled the steering blocks, that's correct. If you haven't milled the steering blocks, you're kinda stuck raising the whole arm.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mark?
Yes. You will need to either mill down the arms or the steering blocks to run small diameter tires. Anything below 43mm starts to get you under the 3mm ride hight rule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.