R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #16
Tech Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Utley

Here's what I sent them Jason. (btw, booneville carpet racing was fun while it lasted. Ya'll come down and race in Madison, AL sometime in the future).

It has recently came to my attention that the Wolfcreek store has complained about the r/c racing that is taking place well away from the store front in a parking lot. The actions that a store manager has taken have adversely affected any of my future furniture purchases. This is because of an incident that may/may not have happened. (I'm sure by now, you know of the incident).

We as a racing community try our best to support each other. MSRA is not an exception and they contribute too many non-r/c events around the Memphis area. Another thing that our racing communities do is raise money to afford places and material to race on or with. By no means would the participants’ jeopardize this by disruptive actions.

Since I support the r/c hobby and know some of the MSRA members, I find myself standing united with them. Another reason I will not shop at your stores is the problems with accessibility to people with mobility problems. Your stores like many other furniture stores are not very accessible to people who utilize wheelchairs for mobility. I do believe in a 3 strikes your out policy in some cases and your company is on strike 2 (strike 1 being the actions by your store manager in Memphis, strike 2 is the accessibility issues, strike 3 could be ignoring this email).

I will not consider shopping at your stores unless this issue gets addressed. I'm sure the people with MSRA are willing to help address this problem, are ya’ll?
Mr_Utley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #17
Tech Legend

I work for commercial property managment company`s.

The furniture store manager really cannot tell you if you can or cannot race on the parking lot.

The property manager or property owner however can.....

Thats who you need to be talking to if you wish to resolve the issue..

Just go into any of the stores in your parking lot area and ask for the property managments phone number....

Hope this helps...
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:42 PM   #18
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by crashnburn
If these emails that everyone is sending is going to the store where this manager works, chances are no one but a couple of people there are seeing them. The manager is probably deleting them himself or getting one of his flunkies to do it.
Would'nt it be better to send the emails to the corporate office? Investors hate bad publicity, and they can fire this dirtbag manager. It's just a thought.....
Thats correct make sure it is aimed at the corporate office and not the store and make sure you name the store manger so they can see there is a lot of complaints regarding him. And make sure you when you send an email that you advise them like most are doing and tell them that you your family and friends will not be shopping there ever again and also you have lots to do with the memphis area and you will do evertything in your power to make sure potential customer will not shop there again. This guy sounds like one of those fickle shits that just wants to make peoples lives difficult. Has nothing better to do.

NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #19
Tech Master

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been informed by a friend who I communicate with via: Message fourm that his local radio controlled car club's racing spot is in jepordy because the manager of the Wolf Creek store kicked his club out of a parking lot which is somewhat near to store grounds. I take high offense to this gesture because I feel he should not deprive citizens of the surrounding community of their hobby and pasttimes. Hobbies of this nature can bring together families and members of multiple communitys. A fine example can be made of myself. My father and I both decided to get into the hobby of driving radio controlled cars and have developed a stonger bond with each other. If my local club had been kicked out of their racing spot I would be stuck in front of a computer, doing nothing usefull for hours at a time. Instead I am using most of that time to maintain/repair my R/C car and out finding jobs to raise money for new/better equipment. I belive if your establishment can welcome R/C racing to a near parking lot instead of push it could make for a stronger, united and most definietely happier community.

Thank you for your time
Sincerely, Dan

Ha....While I may come of as professional and polite in that letter....They may have seen Dan but THEY DON'T KNOW THE-BLACK-KAT! This lil fotha mucka can raise the ruccus of ten!

BigDog: If you need help...I'll help you in any way I can
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
Default Those dogs

Stole a line from black cat:

To whom it may concern:
I have been informed that the local radio controlled car club's racing spot is in jepordy because the manager, Dave Carraway of the Wolf Creek store kicked the club out of a parking lot which is somewhat near to store grounds (Over 700 feet). I take high offense to this gesture because I feel he should not deprive citizens of the surrounding community of their hobby and pasttimes. I am an R/C racer and I, my family, friends, and workmates will NEVER grace the doors of your Haverty's furniture stores unless they make this situation right. The MSRA is a non-profit racing club. Hobbies of this nature can bring together families and members of multiple communitys. We in NO WAY impede visibility or parking accessibility to Haverty's, yet the manager there for what ever reason decided he wanted us to quit racing. As an frequent visitor to Memphis, I can't believe any one of your employees would treat our group this way.
Your website (http://www.havertys.com/web/homepage.nsf/mainframe) under the code of conduct and ethics states the following:
"Fair Dealing
The Company is committed to promoting the values of honesty, integrity and fairness in the conduct of its business and sustaining a work environment that fosters mutual respect, openness and individual integrity. Directors, officers and employees are expected to deal honestly and fairly with the Company’s customers, suppliers, competitors and other third parties. To this end, directors, officers and employees shall not:

Make false or misleading statements to customers, suppliers or other third parties."

Your Manager of the store violated company policy when he made false and misleading statements to the property managers.
Please make this situation right.

Best wishes on the battle. All it takes is one person to f-it up for us all...

J Brosche
jbrosche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:44 AM   #21
Tech Elite
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i`m going to send a e-mail in defence of your /my hobbie
& i don`t like big companies sh#~ting over the small guys

If that`s allright with the usa guys?
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:57 AM   #22
Tech Regular

I left my feedback to Havertys.

I would like to say Thank You to everyone leaving feedback to Havertys for our club. All I want to do is race my little car!

Good job and Thanks BigDog for taking the intiative to post this thread and everything you are doing to fix this situation.
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #23
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

We have a simular situation here. We have been racing in front of Hobbytown for over 6 years, Hobbytown sets up and runs the track. Last year TJ Max started to complain that the racers were taking up all the parking spaces. It went back and forth and the compromise was an area was delineated to use for the track and parking and all the racers must park there vehicles behind the stores.

Like posted above you need to talk to the property management company. Also it helps if you talk to all the other tenants to see if the support you. In our case TJ Max was the only tenant that had a problem with it, all the others saw it as beneficial to there stores for walk in traffic.

Good luck!
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Very interesting. Localling in WNY the track I run on just had their permits yanked and our seasons is almost all but dead now. We have had complaints from retailers also. We are not 100% sure as to what happend, but looks like ignorance is even more wide spread then you could imagine.

OK, so now the 14 year olds don't have a place to play with thier toy cars... You are only forcing them to sit around and eventually pick up the pipe!

Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:06 AM   #25
Tech Master

I work for the Hobbytown in Memphis and it is in our contract with Trezvant (property owners) that we can hold races out in front of our store. This isn't the first time we had to move. The Futton Store owner complained about the same thing newracer said about racers and spectators taking up his parking spots. (again he wasn't do very well business wise) So we compromised with Trezvant to use the over flow parking lot across Wolf Creek Pwy. in which no one, I mean NO ONE parks there for any reason. (except for the occasional tired truck driver) All the other surrounding businesses love the races since it brings alot more business to them: IHOP, Target, and all the game stores. I don't think anyone ever went in Havertys, esspecially since they have no reason to. Many would rather walk twice the distance to Target to use the restroom and to get food or 3 times the distance to Taco Bell. I think Dave Carraway is just trying to make up for his short comings in other places.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #26
Tech Master

Too bad the club doesn't have enough money to buy Havertys. Imagine the size and number of tracks we could have in a building of that size. And to think its going to waste.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:50 AM   #27
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Another big thanks to everyone who has taken the time to email Haverty's PR dept from the corporate website. You guys have dome an awesome job in being firm yet poilte and intelligent sounding with your replies.

Everyone please continue to make your feelings known since there might be other times when we need support instead of opposition from Haverty's or some other large corporation.

The little man WILL be heard!!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice
Default Their response

Here is their response. Obviously a caring company.

Havertys is bound to certain restrictions contained in an Operation and
Agreement managed by Trezevant Realty Corporation. This agreement is
to restrictive covenants in place in many neighborhoods and/or shopping
malls today.
We did not write the agreement, nor do we enforce the agreement. Any
or questions should be directed to Trezevant Realty. Thank you.
jbrosche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:25 AM   #29
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sorry for the problems guys - I sent this to both addresses listed in the original post... BTW - I am in B'ham Alabama.

Hello. I am an avid R/C race car driver, and it has been brought to my attention that the manager of a Memphis, TN Havertys (Dave Carraway) is causing some of my racing friends to relocate their race track to a less than ideal location because of various reasons (which he can not document). I know that an R/C race track in a parking lot draws a lot of attention, and I would think this would be a big plus for your business - however, if Havertys does not do something to make this situation right, I can assure you that neither I, nor anyone I can contact, will do business with Havertys in the future. I do have a living room suite and a dining room suite that were bought at a Havertys in Birmingham Al, but that will not happen again.
Thank you for your time.
Jeff Wyatt
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #30
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

I know what the problem is; Husbands go there to buy furniture to please their wives and wind up buy R/C stuff cause they see you guys racing!!

All joking aside, if this is an overflow parking area, then Havertys have no legal rights to force a relocation of your track; it was build specifically for excess parking for any store. If they was gonna have a huge sale, and they needed the space a certain time you guys raced, I could see them asking for it. Who do you see having a parking problem at a furniture store that hardly any one visits unless they hit the lottery? If the hobby store relents to this action, then I say race there anyway! All you local racers pony up some funds and buy the nescessary equipment to build your own track and race in the parking lot. Unless otherwise posted no tresspasing or loitering out there in the overflow area, you have the right to do whatever you like there, except illegal activities, of course. I don't think that Harvertys or whatever will spent money to impose a no loitering/tresspassing ordinance without consulting their Relators and their leasing agreements first.

Or I can just send them a nasty worm or a nastygram.........what is their e-mail address, everybody has one!!!!

"People tend to get upset because they don't get what they ask for... then complain when they get what they deserve." - R.E.Jacobs

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote