Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default BIG THANKS IIC 2011 CREW

just got home to southern california. first time at IIC and we are making plans for next year. i got to race more this week then i have all year, 4 rounds of practice, 4 rounds of qualifying and a main event. we had over 400 entries and scotty and the crew did a super job on getting the late entries in and putting on one hell of a great race. 4 days of practice and qualifying - 14 hour days. main events started early on saturday but nobody cared. track opened at 6:00am and first main at 7:00am. my son and i were finished with our mains around 8:30am. i finished 2nd in the D main and Cody finished 6th or 7th in the C main in the amateur class. we had so much fun and can't wait until next year.

thanks again Scotty and crew for a great week of racing

Bill and Cody Secara
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Absolutely, the best RC race in the US. Team IIC always goes above and beyond to make everyone as happy as can be. Hard to do with racers, but some how Scotty figures it out. As usual this race has really become the "Carpet Worlds" and delivers the best drivers from all over the globe. Making an "A" Main in Vegas takes a lot of hard work and with a field as deep as it was it means even more.

The Mod drivers were great as usual, but the stock classes at the top were separated by very little from top to bottom in the A sorts.

The layout was similar to last year, but honestly I think was even better with the few changes that were made. With all of those entries comes a really high bite track, and this year certainly delivered on that. The groove was really dark about 2 hours into the first day of practice and maintained itself the rest of the week. I found the track very consistent throughout the week and noted (as I do every year) that my car never, ever feels as good as it does in Vegas. The track design and grip is something that can only be explained by experience.

As always this race was great from start to finish and I am looking forward to next year already. Thanks to Scotty and his crew for another outstanding race that all other race directors in the world should be modeling after. As promised I made my flight with time to spare and got all of the racing in as well.

F1 was a great addition and showed some really great racing. F1 embodies the spirit of r/c and really has a great way of showing the fun of playing with toy cars. I hope it comes back next year!

If you have not been to the IIC then you are missing out on an opportunity to race against the best racers in the world regardless of the class you enter.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was RC Heaven... Best RC experience ever... I will be back next year without a doubt... Thank you Scotty and crew for all the hard work in putting it together... And thanks for the sponsors who can make this happen...
Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

what I dont get about this race is the hall is massive and the track is so small? how about a bigger track?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whoopass
what I dont get about this race is the hall is massive and the track is so small? how about a bigger track?
Are you crazy? The track was perfect!

Last edited by odpurple; 10-10-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

RC Racing TVs - Finals review Vid is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXGazog5Ec

We had a fabulous time - Thanks to Scotty and the whole crew, the full coverage will be on the TV show at the start of 2012 and available at www.rcracing.tv
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Once again greatest race ever! Scotty is the MAN and always puts on a great show! Great to see everyone and have such a large turn out this year. Next year I'll make sure to charge my controller battery before the A main! AZ boys all had issues in the mains. DOOH!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exint2
RC Racing TVs - Finals review Vid is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXGazog5Ec

We had a fabulous time - Thanks to Scotty and the whole crew, the full coverage will be on the TV show at the start of 2012 and available at www.rcracing.tv
Thank you for the vids
Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks to Scotty and the whole IIC Crew (a great group guys as always) and to the sponsors who made this race happen. A special thanks to Frank Calandra and CRC for coming through on the WGT Tires (and all the support this week).

No doubt the toughest competition at any event I have ever seen. After finally making the A-main at Vegas and nearly getting the Touring Car in, that will make sure a guy comes back in 2012.

What a great week, thanks again....
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whoopass
Track size is fine. Us "old" guys can't see much farther. Biggest improvement for me is the 3rd table width of the pit table. I need all the room I can get.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Scotty! I had a Blast Catching the mains from the control center! Also have to thank all the racers for not stringing me up from the rafters after the race! Had a great time poking fun at ya'll! Mr. Borgnehdedighict I owe you a cold one sir. Sorry about the butchering of your name sir.

I will make sure that I'm at the IIC for the entire event next year!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
Thanks Scotty! I had a Blast Catching the mains from the control center! Also have to thank all the racers for not stringing me up from the rafters after the race! Had a great time poking fun at ya'll! Mr. Borgnehdedighict I owe you a cold one sir. Sorry about the butchering of your name sir.

I will make sure that I'm at the IIC for the entire event next year!
Its all good ,thanks for the great anouncing. Thanks to the IIC crew for a great race ill see you next year for sure
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Scotty and all the Crew...thank you so much for putting on a great event. I really had a great time and will be making next years event. Sorry didn't see ya before we left...but I will talk to you some time.

Thanks again

Don
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

It was great seeing everyone again this year. Can't wait till next year.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi
Any of the Xray Pan car did well ?
WGT and 12th..Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.