R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default Getting back into 12th scale...

I haven't raced in 10+ years but I'm thinking about starting up racing 12th scale again. If I learned anything the first time, it is to buy the right stuff the first time around. I'm a bit confused on a few items tho and would appreciate some insight.

I'm leaning towards the KO Helios.
I like the possibility of a synthesized M8, but it sounds like HRS is the way to go. Is this true? It looks like I'm stuck with the stock receiver and KO digital servo. What about the 3PK?

I've also been thinking Turbo 35 GFX. Is the new Futaba better? I always liked the motor run feature of the CE stuff...

Novak GTX
I guess I always ran Novak before, and this one looks good.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The T35 is poretty sweet, but if you can find a good used T30 that would be awesome...IMHO I like the 30 better.....and I know at least 1 seasoned veteran that still prefers T30's...

The 3PK is nice,but I also prefer KO radios... my ex-1 has neverlet medowneven when I broke the antennea off at almost half way down the mast!!!! I have only had 1 glitch in 3 years andit was an expensive one...tossed $120 worth of parts,but it was tracked down to somebody being on my channeland less than 15 feet from my car and I was over 60 feet away!!!! I also believe the JR XS3 has some form of HRS (I am unsure) and it is synthesized......

The quantum comp2 is much smaller and lighter than the novaks I have seen which makes mounting in a tiny 1/12th car much easier,especially when you use one of the current low slung body shells..... I used to run only Novak, but since I bought my first LRP I haven't even thought of switching back......

GOOD LUCK,and hope your new rig brings back the old feelings......well the good ones at least!!!!!
G's RC Raceway- Best off-road track on the east coast...period!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:53 PM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I prefer the helios because the rx is soooooooo small. It's really nice for 1/12 pan cars. The GFX is probably one of the best charges out there, if not the best. It's easy to use and it;s very durable. Plus you can run your motors in and run your lathe! The GT7 is a good esc, but novak has just announced they are comming out with a new one called the gtx. It wont be out for a couple months, so I would give the quantum competition2 a shot. Like IMPACTPLAYR said, it's very small, and it rocks as an esc. Plus it looks cooler too....

Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Thank you both for the response. Does anyone else have some advice that might help me out?

Yankey is offline   Reply With Quote